Can one go CG with color-treated hair?

cara4curlscara4curls Posts: 336Registered Users Curl Neophyte
CG intrigues me, although I'm a little apprehensive about doing this on color-treated hair. Normally, I only shampoo and condition once every 5-7 days anyway, with no conditioner-only washes or even rinses in between shampoos. So, would it be damaging for my color-treated hair to go CG? I have mixed-texture, 2C-3A hair that just clears my shoulders(am growing it).
health-conscious, visionary artist in transition

Comments

• LadydncingLadydncing Posts: 964Registered Users
    I do CG and color. The color looks even better and lasts longer. The only thing that I do that is considered modified CG is use [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-LowPoo-p-54.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacurl-lowpoo]Devacurl Low Poo[/buylink] or [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Hair-Cleansing-Cream-p-103.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-hair-cleansing-cream]Jessicurl HCC[/buylink] maybe every 4-6 weeks, if I am in the mood for lather. Otherwise, it CW all the way! :)
    Maya
    3b/c CG routine
    HG line DevaCurl
    Password: Locks

event.png
  • eweniqueewenique Posts: 1,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've had my hair colored for years to cover the gray. I get the roots touched up with semi-permanent color every six weeks at a salon. I've been CG for two months now and have found that my hair and scalp are less dry and my hair has more natural curl. The color isn't fading any faster than usual - it might even be keeping the color a bit better. Since you are only washing once a week anyways, the CG routine should fit right in. You should consider switching to a shampoo that doesn't have sulfates and to a conditioner that doesn't have silicones.

Most of us that are CG have to rewet our hair every day and reapply conditioner and gel since sleeping messes up the curl, but some are able to go 2 or 3 days without getting their hair totally wet again. I encourage you to give the CG method a try for 6 weeks and see how your hair responds. You might be surprised at how curly and healthy your hair becomes!
    2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
    COs: Yes to Cucumbers
    Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
    www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com
  • JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users
    I read that those who color should avoid glycerin in their products for the first few weeks.
    3b-3c CG

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file