Help plz!!!

wavygirl07wavygirl07 Registered Users Posts: 8
hi!
i have medium fine, wavy hair. i'm not exactly sure if its a 2a, b or c, but i wanna say maybe an a or b. i'm trying the CG method, today used VO5 tea therapy chamomile CO and styled w/garnier fructis spray gel. neither have silicones that i know of. i want to get some better products but i don't want to spend money and have something not work for me. my hair gets very frizzy; the hairs start to fluff out as soon as i get out of the shower. the water in this area is pretty bad (syracuse, ny) so maybe that has something to do with it. anyway, i have no idea how to stop the frizz, are there any suggestions? it gets so crazy i almost never wear it down, but i hate the way it looks when its pulled back in a boring old ponytail! i'd really appreciate help!
thanx a lot!
~Sarah

Comments

• jen37jen37 Registered Users Posts: 13
    I have SUPER crazy hair, too.
    I've been stealing some of my mom's HE Body Envy hair gel and that seems to help.
    CG since 6/11/2007

*1x a week shampoo: Avalon Organics Nourishing
    *Co-wash: V05 Kiwi Lime
    *Conditioner:: B2B Pomegranate
    *Styling: mix together Herbal Essences Body Envy/ Curlfriends Gel
  • echokittenechokitten Registered Users Posts: 1,751
    wavygirl07 wrote:
    hi!
    i have medium fine, wavy hair. i'm not exactly sure if its a 2a, b or c, but i wanna say maybe an a or b. i'm trying the CG method, today used VO5 tea therapy chamomile CO and styled w/garnier fructis spray gel. neither have silicones that i know of. i want to get some better products but i don't want to spend money and have something not work for me. my hair gets very frizzy; the hairs start to fluff out as soon as i get out of the shower. the water in this area is pretty bad (syracuse, ny) so maybe that has something to do with it. anyway, i have no idea how to stop the frizz, are there any suggestions? it gets so crazy i almost never wear it down, but i hate the way it looks when its pulled back in a boring old ponytail! i'd really appreciate help!
    thanx a lot!
    ~Sarah

Those are actually pretty good products right off. The V05 is very moisturizing and CG and the GF Spray gel(i'm assuming its the curl shaper gel) is CG too. I would suggest that after you rinse out your condish, you might want to put in a small amount of the same condish back in as a leave in depending on the length of your hair. I have long hair and I use a quarter size amount, and just squish it in soaking wet hair, then on top of that I apply my gel, while my hair is still dripping. This technique seals the hair shaft. Definitely try putting in all products while your hair is wet, also try plopping in a mens t-shirt. This reduces frizzes really well too.
    Cincinnati Ohio>>>Coarse protein sensitive 3a, Jessicurl WDT as a leave in, Biotera gel, White Boots, PW= coffeecurls

"Man tries to exaggerate what nature has given him," Charles Darwin (1809-1882).

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -Sophia Loren
  • wavygirl07wavygirl07 Registered Users Posts: 8
    thanx for the help echokitten! actually the spray gel is not curl shaper, i think its shake effect liquigel (i used it in the past before i was trying to go CG and i don't think it has any silicones). i ran out though, so maybe i'll go pick up some of the curl shaper and give what you said a try. Also, should I clarify? I used to use sunsilk and i've heard thats full of junk for your hair. My hair seems kinda dull and icky.
    -Sarah
  • JuicyTubeJuicyTube Registered Users Posts: 2,369
    wavygirl07 wrote:
    Also, should I clarify? I used to use sunsilk and i've heard thats full of junk for your hair. My hair seems kinda dull and icky.
    -Sarah
    Yes you should
    3b-3c CG

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file