mederma rocks for scar removal!

SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
It's a bit pricey but totally worth it. Just in case anyone is looking for a product that reduces the apperance of scars.

Comments

• rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    webbie, did you have a raised scar?

because the one across my thumb from my dish-washing accident earlier this year is raised. and if i hit the scar tissue against anything the pain is horrendous. i still have no feeling above the point of the scar, but touch it and ... yowza!

:(
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • cjccjc Posts: 636Registered Users
    does it work on old scars....from 3 years ago due to surgery?
    cjc
    3B very thick, curly hair and on the longer side
    Palm Beach County, Fl
  • lushaholiclushaholic Posts: 2,180Registered Users
    I saw someone get a box of this off the shelf today when I was looking for bag-balm. I've got 2 looovely long scars on both sides of my lower leg from having surgery, which was 5 years ago, so I too would be interested to know if it might help lessen their appearance. I should have asked the lady today if she had used it before and if she had good results with it.
    3a/2c f/mii. pics added 2/3/07
    spingbannerwk6.jpghycoffeeiconuy8.gif
  • kinkihairkinkihair Posts: 54Registered Users
    I don't know about this particular brand, but when I had raised scars that keloided from my surgery last year, I bought the Curad brand of scar removal patch. It was on sale for $17.99, but I think it normally retails for ~$21.99 Well worth it. You simply apply the patch to area daily. After 3 weeks there was a noticeable difference. Now it is nearly flattened.
    nappy haired girls unite!

afro-american 4a/3b
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    i haven't been able to find the Curad one in Canada yet and the only one i was able to find here - Rejuveness - was VERY expensive!

My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    I had a blister on the webbing of my thumb from gardeing. It started off as this nasty raised scar that I was pretty sure would keloid. I dont keloid very often, but it was looking like it might. I've been using it 2-3x a day for a few weeks now and it's healing quite nicely. I've started putting it on some old scars and I haven't noticed a big difference as yet. The packaging says it needs to be used for a few months before you see results. I think I payed like $35 at the pharmacy for it. But I use so little, this tube should last me the whole year of constant application for the 10-15 scars I have.

My dermatologist reccomended it.

ETA - it's a clear gel.
  • kinkihairkinkihair Posts: 54Registered Users
    They seem to vary in price from about $20 to $60. Brand names I found were Curad, Rejuveness, Neosporin, Cica-Care & Band-aid are brand names I found that make patches.

Mederma is a cream. A few are listed on epinions.com
    rouquinne wrote:
    i haven't been able to find the Curad one in Canada yet and the only one i was able to find here - Rejuveness - was VERY expensive!

nappy haired girls unite!

afro-american 4a/3b
  • just~acurlyheadjust~acurlyhead Posts: 2Registered Users
    im applying menderma.on my my pimples scar. i hope that works.. but i cant do it 3 times a day as needed cause im at work.
    but i got it cheap here. like $ 8. i guess cause its Malaysia.
    will post the updates.
    are my curlz curly enough? .. oh nevermind!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file