Would this line work on you?

GuardianBGuardianB Registered Users Posts: 1,905 Curl Connoisseur
Here is the setting...

You are sitting in a quiet bar, scanning over the floor, ehjoying the evening and your eyes suddenly catch a reasonably attractive man looking back at you. Your stares meet and hold for a few seconds and you look away. Within a few moments he approaches you, lightly brushes his hand on your shoulder and says "Excuse me, are you as beautiful inside as you are outside?"

---- or

All the same except as he approaches you firsts engages in a few minutes of introductions and light conversation, you say something that catches him in a sincere admiration and he says with a facination, "Are you really as beautiful inside... as you are outisde?"

This was on the radio this morning.
~Two friends, one soul inspired~ anonymous
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• MephistoMephisto Registered Users Posts: 555
    I'm not a chick... but I gotta believe that they won't be taken seriously.
    The good people do is interred with their bones. Their mistakes live on forever...
  • GuardianBGuardianB Registered Users Posts: 1,905 Curl Connoisseur
    Mephisto wrote:
    I'm not a chick... but I gotta believe that they won't be taken seriously.
    I could agree with both these statements
  • bouncebounce Registered Users Posts: 297
    Neither - gag.
  • HairproductjunkieHairproductjunkie Registered Users Posts: 363
    I've never been one for pickup lines. I prefer "Hi. My name is XXX."

Although, "How YOU doin'?" would be a close second. :D
    GuardianB wrote:
    Southern gals rock :!:
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Registered Users Posts: 8,449 Curl Connoisseur
    Pickup lines are stupid. Throw rocks at them.

Unless they're meant in jest. A friend of mine and I use them on each other, and we both get a laugh out of it.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • GuardianBGuardianB Registered Users Posts: 1,905 Curl Connoisseur
    I've never used one that was meant as a pick up line.
    I think in the second context however that a lot of women wouldn't pick up on it being a line.
  • NetGNetG Registered Users Posts: 8,116
    Blech.

Honestly, I want a guy who knows me to think I'm beautiful, but if he's just interested in talking to me because he thinks I'm beautiful, I don't feel like bothering.
    I don't think I'll be meeting a man in a bar!

The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Registered Users Posts: 8,449 Curl Connoisseur
    so, women don't pick up on pick up lines when they're not used as pick up lines :?:

:wink:

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • MephistoMephisto Registered Users Posts: 555
    One can't go wrong with a "Hello" followed by a quality smile. You can usually tell by the look... the reply... etc. whether or not the conversation has earned further attention of if you should move along...

...and you won't come off looking like a complete douchebag. :roll:
    The good people do is interred with their bones. Their mistakes live on forever...
  • Little Miss Snarky BooyahLittle Miss Snarky Booyah Registered Users Posts: 452
    Honestly? I would wonder how many other women he has said that to in his life. Or even that night.

That's the trouble with a line. It just doesn't sound sincere.
    You are an evil biatch, evil. Your life must suck!

http://booyahlicious.blogspot.com/
  • kurlykittykurlykitty Registered Users Posts: 162
    The only way either of the lines would work for anything more than getting a guy covered with my drink would be if it were guy I was already good friends with playfully asking if we can be more than friends.
    "Beware the man of one book." --Latin proverb
  • mad scientistmad scientist Registered Users Posts: 3,530 Curl Neophyte
    Mephisto wrote:
    One can't go wrong with a "Hello" followed by a quality smile. You can usually tell by the look... the reply... etc. whether or not the conversation has earned further attention of if you should move along...

Seriously! I didn't realize that men actually *use* pick up lines anymore. I thought they were just a relic from 70's TV shows...

• shorty448shorty448 Registered Users Posts: 52
    Honestly? I would wonder how many other women he has said that to in his life. Or even that night.

That's the trouble with a line. It just doesn't sound sincere.

That would have been my first thought as well. Just by the two scenarios you mentioned, I just get the sense that he repeats that line to all the ladies.
    With your feet in the air and your head on the ground
    Try this trick and spin it, yeah
    Your head will collapse
    If there's nothing in it
  • mitsimitsimitsimitsi Registered Users Posts: 6
    GuardianB wrote:
    I think in the second context however that a lot of women wouldn't pick up on it being a line.

I voted for the last option. A woman would have to be very, very young or dense not to pick up on that being a line, in either scenario. Lots of things that guys think sound smooth and original are far from it to a woman's ears.

However, having someone you've known for quite a while say, "You are as beautiful inside as you are outside," is a different story.
  • twirlyredtwirlyred Registered Users Posts: 9
    Lines like that only work if they're meant as a bit of a joke and the guy is expecting me to laugh at his silliness. Otherwise, GAG to both of them.
    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that stood its ground.

My Border Collie is smarter than your honor student.
  • Twirly GirlTwirly Girl Registered Users Posts: 53
    No, lines don't really work unless they're so blatent or rubbish that they make you laugh. But you have to be attracted to the guy in the first place for this to happen as well

Anyways, I'd presume that by attractive on the 'inside' that the guy was being smutty! Maybe thats just me though.
  • CurlsWannaHaveFunCurlsWannaHaveFun Registered Users Posts: 251
    Mephisto wrote:

Exactly. Both those situations sound very contrived and any intelligent woman would know in scenario two that it was a pick up line (and a tired one at that).
    4a with 3c patches/LOIS daughter O/S spongy fine, natural since 1999

Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence.
    - Vince Lombardi

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file