gradually moving from dyed blonde to natural?

apointeapointe Registered Users Posts: 199
Hi All,

I was always resistant to salon-coloring my hair because of the upkeep and price. But I ended up doing it about 3 months ago (dark blonde to blondish copper) and now have no money to get my roots done and about 1.5 inches of light brown roots.

I would like to eventually get back to my normal color, but in a more gradual way than just dying the whole thing (at home) back to a darker blonde.

Any hair-healthy suggestions? I'm new here so sorry if this has already been asked!

Thanks!
Ashley
NYC - but originally from Philly!

2c/3a - coarse texture, little volume - still experimenting!

2007-2008 Curly Fantasy Football Champion! :hello1:

Comments

• cara4curlscara4curls Registered Users Posts: 336 Curl Neophyte
    Easiest, but not the least expensive way to do this, is to go back to your colorist and have them do a demi-permanent color(which ADDS and deposits color, not lifting it like permanent colors do)on just the already dyed part to get your color to blend in to your roots. Yes, I know this takes some more money, but it will likely be the last you have to spend on coloring, plus this falls into corrective coloring, which is VERY tricky for people to do at home unless they really understand about haircolor. Good luck!
    health-conscious, visionary artist in transition
  • witchcurlgirlwitchcurlgirl Registered Users Posts: 55
    cara's right...

a semi permanent will help mask the difference between the two colors for now.....

If you cant afford a salon try Sallys for a professional semi....and color it one level lighter than you think you need....Semi's take darker than the swatches
    Bra strap length 3b coppery w/gold highlights.
  • apointeapointe Registered Users Posts: 199
    Hmmm interesting! I have never heard of this type of treatment. I didn't much like the place I had the color done and was thinking of trying an Aveda salon because the products are supposedly more hair-friendly. Would it be a mistake to go to a different salon than put the original color in?
    NYC - but originally from Philly!

2c/3a - coarse texture, little volume - still experimenting!

2007-2008 Curly Fantasy Football Champion! :hello1:
  • witchcurlgirlwitchcurlgirl Registered Users Posts: 55
    no need to go to the same salon...any competent colorist can match for you....
    Bra strap length 3b coppery w/gold highlights.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file