Dark eyeshadows

PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
Hey, curlies. This is my first post on the makeup board (I think, anyway!).

So I'm relatively pale - I do tan, but I burn first. I have blue eyes and dark hair. I like the look of darker eyeshadows on other people, but when I try it myself, it looks bad. The dark eyeshadow seems to accentuate the dark circles under my eyes.

Any suggestions? Or should I stay away from dark eyeshadows altogether?
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Comments

• mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Novice
    I can't wear dark eyeshadows either, especially matte ones. They do the same thing with my dark circles. :( I just bought a palette from Bobbi Brown that I'm taking back because the eyeshadow looks awful on me.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    PH, you have traditionally Irish colouring and i'd recommend a medium shade as the darkest you could do. something like MAC's Coquette - which is a gorgeous medium-dark taupe shade would look fab with your blue eyes.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    rouquinne wrote:
    PH, you have traditionally Irish colouring and i'd recommend a medium shade as the darkest you could do. something like MAC's Coquette - which is a gorgeous medium-dark taupe shade would look fab with your blue eyes.

Thanks, rou. I was afraid it was just me doing something wrong. :D I'll take a look at the Coquette - taupe does make my blue eyes look bluer. :) And it's funny you say I have traditionally Irish coloring - it seems that my family is the only one in our county with no Irish heritage. Granted, we have a lot of Welsh on Mom's side, and a lot of English on Dad's side...but no Irish.

Anyhoo. I digress. I'll take a look at Coquette next time I go to le mall. :)

Mrs. Poppers, I guess we'll have to leave the dramatic dark shadows to other curlies. :(
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file