If you could have any job

naturaltnaturalt Registered Users Posts: 175 Curl Neophyte
If you could have any job without regard to money or your actual abilities, what would it be? So, for example, you don't have to actually be able to sing to choose Music and you don't actually have to be good at math to choose scientist.

In your post put what the job is and why you chose it.
cloud9.gif
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• NetGNetG Registered Users Posts: 8,116
    I actually do my weakness-engineering. I'm better in communication/writing/speechmaking, etc. But I *love* engineering. During college I worked for 4 months I wasn't in class doing software in a purely computer, non-engineering sense. I realized I desperately missed engineering. So, I'm stuck with it. I do more liberal arts engineering, though-no specialty, and a lot of working with different types of engineers to make sure things work together.
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • naturaltnaturalt Registered Users Posts: 175 Curl Neophyte
    Whenenver I'm daydreaming about some job it's always arts related. Sometimes I really wish I could sing and sometimes I daydream I'm a wonderful dancer. I didn't get those genes though :lol: .
    cloud9.gif
  • bouncebounce Registered Users Posts: 297
    Singing is a good one.

I really wish I was a social psychologist, but that's based on my own knowledge and characteristics. Social interactions amaze me, so this board and explosive threads are fun for me to read b/c I love seeing how people handle things differently.

Kids, adults, whatever - your background combined with how social situations are handled is fascinating.
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Registered Users Posts: 8,449 Curl Connoisseur
    I have several preferred occupations!

I would love to be a musician, specifically an acoustic guitar player. I've been trying to teach myself, but I think I'll just hire someone to teach me! I'd start out as an acoustic guitar player, but I would want to learn to play other instruments, too. I love music.

Other than that I'd love to be an ophthalmologist, involved in some kind of medical research, or an english lit professor at a university.

Deep down inside, I am a nerd.

Ha ha, deep down inside???

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • PartyHairPartyHair Registered Users Posts: 7,713
    I chose "other". If I could have any job regardless of ability or gender, I'd be the starting shortstop for the St. Louis Cardinals. Seriously. If I'd've been a boy I would've played baseball my whole life.

If it has to be something a girl could do I'd choose performing arts - I'd love to be an actress, which wouldn't surprise anyone who knows me. I love being the center of attention. :D
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • StephSStephS Registered Users Posts: 352
    I wanna be those swimmers that get to perform with Shamu. Or as Sophie calls them, "Shampoo."

They can stay under the water a long time - then those whales just pop them up out of the water and they pose on their snouts! Kewl.

eta - I also wish I could sang.
  • hestercurlshestercurls Registered Users Posts: 31
    I would definitely be a ballet dancer. I danced ballet for thirteen years then quit because I was "sick of it" and wanted to try new things. I really miss it. I always wonder what would have happened if I had stuck with it
  • JessicurlJessicurl Registered Users Posts: 401
    I would love to have David Letterman's job. It just seems like it would be fun to make people laugh every day (without having to be a regular stand up comic) and to meet all the people. :-)
    If you're not going to make your dreams epic, why bother to dream anything at all? -Scott Miller
  • msrebamsreba Registered Users Posts: 143
    My answer always is the same when this question pops up. I want to own and run a brewery. It has been my dream for years.. and some day its gonna happen. I enjoy homebrewing and our friends love what we produce. (specially since they get it all for free)

But.. I so would love to brew professionally.
  • NetGNetG Registered Users Posts: 8,116
    mrsreba wrote:
    My answer always is the same when this question pops up. I want to own and run a brewery. It has been my dream for years.. and some day its gonna happen. I enjoy homebrewing and our friends love what we produce. (specially since they get it all for free)

This makes me smile. It reminds me of my grandpa. He has alzheimers, so he thinks he's living in the 40's right now. Last time I saw him he was telling me about all the people at work, and how they keep trying to tell him he's too educated to be in his job, but his dream is to be the head brewmaster like his grandpa was. It's neat-he loved his job! (He worked at Balentine Beer. Was never brewmaster, but he was head of shipping, and loved that.)
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • sew and sewsew and sew Registered Users Posts: 3,443
    Fashion designer. It's something that seems like it would be a lot of fun. To see people wear your ideas, to put your own creative stamp on the world. Clothing in particular because I find it fun in the same way dressing up barbies seemed fun when I was 7.

Oh actually what Nat said about singing haha, definetely be a singer! That's my greatest envy, the ability to sing. I love music but for the life of me can't follow along on key, not even rap.
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity
  • papayahedpapayahed Registered Users Posts: 1,282
    If I had my choice - Astronaut. But anything that has to do with solving problems/puzzles. Right now I'm an engineer and I kinda get to do stuff like that but only occasionally. If I could find a job that let me do math problems or solve puzzles all day I'd be in heaven. I've thought about being a teacher but I'm so flippin' impatient I'd probably wring those kids necks if they didn't learn quick enough.
  • WavyWendyWavyWendy Registered Users Posts: 138
    My absolute dream job would be a Helicopter Pilot for Life Line - this way I could help people, without having to deal with blood & guts directly (weak stomach).... I would also volunteer my time, to fly families to places where they could get the care they need (i.e. a child is sick & the best care is at a hospital in another state, but they simply can’t afford to fly there).

Other than that – would love to be an artist…would love to have the ability to really ‘paint from the heart’ & have it actually look nice :D

:)
    Wendy
  • DoodlesDoodles Registered Users Posts: 1,984
    I've always wanted to be a singer because I love music and I love to sing. It's always been a form of expression and comfort for me. I've also gotten interested in acting lately. Although the last time I was even in a play since grade school! :lol:
    2A/2B, fine, normal porosity

Growing out a pixie as of November 2013 :elephant:

Shampoo: Elucence MBS & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
    Conditioner: Elucence MBC & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
    Leave-in: CJ BeautiCurls
    Stylers: BA gel & AG Re:coil

Product Junkie that keeps falling off the wagon!:tongue3:
  • kurlykittykurlykitty Registered Users Posts: 162
    When I was a kid I wanted to be an astronaut because, hey, space is cool and I am a geek. Another variety of scientist would also have been cool, as I love science, especially physics and astronomy.

At the moment, though, the one "job" I really want is that of being a professional artist. And I do have the skills and talents for it.

Though I still want to be a scientist. And invent things.

I want to be Leonardo da Vinci reincarnated into female form. Is that too much to ask?
    "Beware the man of one book." --Latin proverb
  • KrazyblondegurlKrazyblondegurl Registered Users Posts: 1,008
    Performing Arts - A professional dancer...my ultimate dream job!!!! :D
    mrsreba wrote:

My fiance keeps saying when we get a house he's gonna start brewing beer in the basement. He wants to start his own company either doing that or start a taxi business. He loves to drive and the closest taxi company in our area is almost a 1/2 hour away so he could really clean up. :lol: Sorry, I digress! :p

Jessicurl- Good answer! That would be a cool job!

• BossygirlBossygirl Registered Users Posts: 1
    I would like to be a paleontologist or Archelogist Maybe then I'd know how to spell them. :lol:

Honestly though, I am fasinated by anything that has to do with dinasours, fossils, ancient Egypt, mummys all of that stuff.
  • the doctorthe doctor Registered Users Posts: 393
    I'd probably just do what I'm doing right now if money were no object. I love all this crazy campaign stuff - making logos, getting people into discussions, yadda yadda.
    Also crafty things like baking and gardening and sewing.
    spring1onu wrote:
    I like having something "down below"
    smurfette wrote:
    What would you call it, sci-fi guru?
    don't click this. seriously.
  • goldygoldy Registered Users Posts: 5,463 Curl Connoisseur
    i still don't know what i want to be when i grow up :D
    currently i am a RN at a children's hospital, so i voted for the science related choice. simply because even if i wasn't a RN, what i really want to be is a wife, mother, and nurse to my future family. i mean nurse to my family in the sense of communicating with, caring for, and advocating for the children and husband i hope to one day have.

i also want to be a student. i want to learn about all different things.
    Poodlehead wrote:
    Ah, it all makes sense now. Goldy is the puppet master! :lol:
  • EliciaElicia Registered Users Posts: 881
    i would be writing children's books . still might one day
    :binky::roll::eye:
    national anthem for self-pity :binky:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zawR7VYNdNg
  • BohemianRenegadeBohemianRenegade Registered Users Posts: 1,078
    Right now I am teaching at a school in Haiti (see my other post for info) but I just got accepted into a Master's professional counseling program. I love working with kids, but like another poster stated, working in a classroom just isn't my thing. I love to work one on one with them. So, my goal is to get my master's and then work as a counselor for children and teens, hopefully eventually getting my doctorate.
    Trying to find some sanity as I work on my master's in nursing...
  • multicolorcurlsmulticolorcurls Registered Users Posts: 85
    artist.. I want to sculpt and design stuff... annnnd hopefully in a few years I will be doing that..
    Thank you NC.com!! Because of this site I have realized what I want to do. I want to open my own curly hair salon. Until then I'd settle for a job in a salon or a store like Trade Secrets. :wink: This site has truly struck a chord in me that I didn't know was there. Hey Jessicurl, I want to be the first in my area to offer your products. I would LOVE that! How cool would I be? 8) :wink:

• the doctorthe doctor Registered Users Posts: 393
    If I had any talent and no stage fright, I'd be a singer or actor.

Colby: Coming soon from Tang...new Pooh Tang.... the breakfast treat for small yellow bears.
    spring1onu wrote:
    I like having something "down below"
    smurfette wrote:
    What would you call it, sci-fi guru?
    don't click this. seriously.
  • BlkFaerieBlkFaerie Registered Users Posts: 3
    My dream/fantasy jobs (please add critically acclaimed before each one :P :lol: ) if $$ were no object:

- physicist (I love reading about black holes and the cosmos but am definitely not mathematically talented)

- scifi novelist

- fashion designer (like westcoastwaves)

- world famous ballerina

- indie film actress

I'm a bored and boring atty. . . .
    3b/3c

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file