Board Question

LisaAnnLisaAnn Posts: 436Registered Users
Scuba and I were asked to remove links to our board from our sig line. I sent a pm to Webbie asking why as we aren't competing boards, and got no response.

Now I find that FFT is posting their link in numerous threads
One for example FFT

Just curious what is acceptable and perhaps an answer to my original question. As we just had our link up if curlies wanted to chat at a less moderated and strict board. We are a chat board and do not sell hair products, nor are we a curly hair board, so I am not sure why it is forbidden, however it appears acceptable for other members to advertise their boards.

TIA

[ September 25, 2003: Message edited by: LisaAnn ]

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    I'm so sorry LisaAnn. Check your PM
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    We're concerned with folks using our site to drive traffic to other sites. We're certainly not going to stifle someone occasionally mentioning another site in a random post, but the repeated "advertising" of another site via a signature line is what we object to.

I think most of you will agree that's perfectly understandable. Our success depends largely on traffic, and if that traffic is being shunted elsewhere, we're in trouble. If the FFT thing gets out of hand, we'll step in; thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Thanks for asking for a clarification; hope this helps. icon_smile.gif

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • LisaAnnLisaAnn Posts: 436Registered Users
    Appreciate your response.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file