Yellow Nails

msrandeemsrandee Posts: 61Registered Users
For about the past week, the top section of my toenails - just the big toes - has been yellowish colored. I can't think of what could be causing it as it's just two toes. You'd think if it was a nutritional defecit, it would affect all my nails. I've searched and haven't found anything like it. I thought it could have been caused by the red nail polish I wore, but I've kept my toenails free of polish for about two weeks, and again, it's just those two toes... Any clues on what it could be and how to cure it? I wanted to wear some open-toed heels, but nope, not happenin...

Comments

• britt_dancing_girlbritt_dancing_girl Posts: 34Registered Users
    I know a lot about taking care of nails. I have natural beautiful long (finger) nails because i take such good care of them. One thing you can do is put a top coat on before applying a polish color. I know that i used to have yellow toe nails, then i put a top coat on and within about 1-2 weeks they were back to normal. I don't know what causes this coloration tho. just put a top coat on leave for few days and remove with polish remover and let toe nails brethe for a day or two, then repeat. hope that helps!! :D
    Britt - Type 3A curly hair
  • msrandeemsrandee Posts: 61Registered Users
    I know a lot about taking care of nails. I have natural beautiful long (finger) nails because i take such good care of them. One thing you can do is put a top coat on before applying a polish color. I know that i used to have yellow toe nails, then i put a top coat on and within about 1-2 weeks they were back to normal. I don't know what causes this coloration tho. just put a top coat on leave for few days and remove with polish remover and let toe nails brethe for a day or two, then repeat. hope that helps!! :D

Thanks for the tips - I just put some top coat on em, and (crosses fingers) hopefully they'll clear up soon! :)
  • songbirdsongbird Posts: 60Registered Users
    Sorry to divert from the subject at hand Rebecca but I have to tell you I love your signature line. My husband is a HUGE Buckeyes fan and hates Michigan so it caught my eye. :wink:
    3a Curls
    Currently using Jessicurl's GLS, Aloeba Daily Conditioner, and Kenra Platinum Freezing Gel
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Novice
    There is stuff you can buy that is supposed to "bleach" nails--you could try that. Also, soaking in lemon juice is supposed to bleach nails.

If they don't whiten up, it could be a nail fungus. If that's it, see the doctor asap, since the sooner you catch it, the sooner it will clear up.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • msrandeemsrandee Posts: 61Registered Users
    songbird wrote:
    Sorry to divert from the subject at hand Rebecca but I have to tell you I love your signature line. My husband is a HUGE Buckeyes fan and hates Michigan so it caught my eye. :wink:

Oh thanks, hee hee. I never liked football, but my co-workers are big Buckeyes fans and got me interested. I like Michigan's colors better, though. :D
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,408Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    You can get yellow toenails, esp the big toe, from wearing nailpolish for too long and not letting your toes 'breathe'. Mine were never yellow until I started wearing nailpolish for really long periods of time.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file