Types of concealer

curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Has anyone tried the Body Shops concealer? I'm thinking of getting the one that looks like a short, fat pencil but at £7 I'm not sure if it's worth that much money. Would love to know if anyone has tried this or something similar and what you thought of it.

Thanks, I'm still a novice in the girly arts!
Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.

Comments

• curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Another question:

Which is the best type of concealer for dark cirlces? The creamy liquid kind (with the little brush) or the solid, yet creamy, stick kind? I don't wear foundation, I find it too heavy, does that make a difference?
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    i've never tried a stick concealer, but you're on the right track for covering dark circles under your eyes. a more solid formula is better in that area than a more liquid one.

it doesn't matter if you wear foundation, just make sure that the concealer matches your skin EXACTLY!
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • seeingredseeingred Posts: 2Registered Users
    try mac's concealer. it's in a pot and it works really well. you have to use a brush to put it on though. YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY A MAC BRUSH!!! The shadow brush at Target works really well and so does a soft paint brush from Michael's.
    Botticelli with 2b on the inside and 3b on the outside...loving honey right now
    the MAC concealer brush, like most companies' concealer brushes, is too small anyway!

the concealer brush i foolishly bought is only 3mm wide at the widest point - these are VERY tapered to a point at the end.

i went to the art supply store and got a precision artist's brush that tapers from 5mm wide to 2mm at the top and it is MUCH better! it's sable and cost HALF what the concealer brush cost!

:D

[i don't think Target has made it to England yet.]
    My blog:

• meowmixmeowmix Posts: 48Registered Users
    The boots No7 concealer is supposed to be really good. It's expensive though, so I haven't tried it.
    If it works as good as they say it does, then I suppose it's worth it.
    http://www.boots.com/brandtreatment/product_details_brand_treatment.jsp?productid=1028346&classificationid=1028316
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    lalala wrote:
    The boots No7 concealer is supposed to be really good. It's expensive though, so I haven't tried it.
    If it works as good as they say it does, then I suppose it's worth it.
    http://www.boots.com/brandtreatment/product_details_brand_treatment.jsp?productid=1028346&classificationid=1028316

It is my experience that, sadly, nothing ever works as well as the company says it will, concealer included. :(

I too suffer from dark circles - pale skin and very dark circles. I don't wear foundation either (I think it makes me look older). I use the CoverGirl concealer in the tube. It covers very, very well and they have a color that's perfect for me. I do wear powder, so that helps the concealer blend with my skin even more.

I just read the Boots description. I can't stand those concealers that claim they "reflect light". On me, it just adds shimmer and a weird pinkish/orangeish color, which brings attention to what I'm trying to cover. Not a good thing.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thanks for the help everyone.

I bought Maybelline's Cover Stick concealor in the palest shade they do. It seems to do the job but doesn't completely cover the dark circles (I don't think anything will!) but it does help. :D
  • jacoozijacoozi Posts: 2Registered Users
    I was also looking for a good concealor for belmishes and scars. Any suggestions?
    It's funny when people pull on my hair and say: "Curly, straight, curly, straight". Yeah...don't do that.
  • cjccjc Posts: 636Registered Users
    Today I got a concealer called Cover Blend by Exuviance. I loved the results when I tested it at the store. I used it on my dark undereye cirlcles. Its a line known for covering scars and blemishes. The salesperson wasn't pushy at all and I felt comfortable buying it. I'll have to play around with it. I've tried many concealers and like this one the best.
    cjc
    3B very thick, curly hair and on the longer side
    Palm Beach County, Fl
    over the weekend, i got the Physician's Formula concealers in a two pack [$11.00 cdn].

i really like them. there's a yellow-based one for under the eye area to neutralize the blues and a brown-based one that does a darn good job with the broken capillaries around my nose!
    My blog:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file