Baking Soda

SpiritAndCurlsSpiritAndCurls Posts: 75Registered Users
Baking Soda is an amazing thing. I can't say of what it does to hair, though I've heard that it can be used for cleansing.

If you put toothpaste on your toothbrush and wet it again, and then dip it into a container of baking soda and brush your teeth, they'll be a few shades whiter in a week or so. Yes, the taste is horrible, but it helps keep away the bad breath too (remember that you put open containers of it in refridgerators to help battle bad smells).

Also, it's a wonderful exfoliant. I use it with any skin-care product on my face to help scrub off impurities and dead skin, and even makeup. For oily skin, to clean your face at night before you sleep to keep away pillow-acne, use a mixture of Dial handsoap and baking soda. The Dial has an impeccable drying ability, so do NOT use it on dry skin... but if you're feeling just a bit oilier than normal before or during your period or any time, it's great for drying things out. The baking soda scrubs and leaves your skin silky-smooth.
Give me [curly] freedom, or give me death!

I REFUSE TO DYE MY HAIR.

Help me
With my CG!!

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Dial soap!?!?!? Ugh, that stuff would be a pore-clogging nightmare for me. It's all wax! And the high PH of the soap, combined with the high PH of baking soda, just destroys the skin barrier.
  • southernbelle08southernbelle08 Posts: 199Registered Users
    Has anyone personally used it to whiten their teeth? Did it work? I've been looking for ways to make my teeth whiter...maybe this is the solution! Yay!
    EXTREMELY thick, medium 3B-3C hair;
    I have yet to find a hair twin ANYWHERE...website or real life :(

Current routine: Um, I don't feel like updating my siggie every thirty minutes. :) I'm experimenting right now! (loving the overnight plop!)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file