Mixing products causing breakouts?

SpinCycleSpinCycle Posts: 724Registered Users
I've always had very nice skin until very recently, but now I'm struggling with breakouts on my face. My mom told me that it's probably because I'm mixing the products that I use on my face. I'm using L'Oreal's True Match and Revlon pressed powder. Has anyone ever heard of this happening? And how can I prevent/treat my breakouts?
A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government. ~Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Novice
    Honestly? No. I've always worn different products at the same time--Clinique clarifying lotion, Lancome moisturizer, Clinque eye cream, Lancome foundation, Prescriptives powder--the brands change, but you get the idea. If the products are fine on their own, chances are they're not going to affect you differently when you use them together.

When I first read your post, my first thought was that it's probably the powder. I couldn't find the ingredients for the Loreal True Match, but when I looked up the powder, I was pretty sure that's what it was. Pressed powder is something you always have to read the ingredients on because more often than not, it has oil in it to hold it together and make it glide on. Unless it specifically says "oil free" on the package, it probably has oil in it.

That Revlon pressed powder has mineral oil and at least two 'cones. Silicone is a derivative of mineral oil. Mineral oil is one of those things that if you can't tolerate it, you really can't tolerate it. That's probably what's giving you acne (mineral oil gives me those red, painful pimples).

Try quitting the powder and see if that helps. If it doesn't clear up in a week or two, quit the foundation. Since I couldn't find the foundation in a quick search, I'm not sure what's in that one.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    mrs. p is right on!

:D
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • SpinCycleSpinCycle Posts: 724Registered Users
    Thanks guys... I ditched the powder, so we'll see if that works.
    A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government. ~Thomas Jefferson

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file