Fine lines, makeup, and me. A request for help.

duckyducky Posts: 927Registered Users
I have fine lines under my eyes. Since I've had them since birth and I'm only 23, I have my suspicions that they are not age-related. I also have very thin skin under my eyes (and everywhere else - you can see veins in my legs, eyelids, arms, chest, etc - I'm apparently translucent) which means I have very obvious, dark circles.

I'm currently using benefit Lemon Aid and Vincent Longo concealer, which works great color-wise, but needs a powder to set it or I have Shiny Eyes. My problem is that the powder I've tried (drugstore brands) get packed into the fine lines. I've tried makeup primers - Smashbox Photofinish, Mary Kay eye primer, stuff from Sally's beauty supply - and nothing really seems to work to keep makeup out of the lines.

Maybe it's the makeup? So I was wondering if anyone had a similar problem, and if anyone had any recommendations, or at least a magic wand they could wave and rid me of this problem. (I wish) Thanks in advance!

Comments

• rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    makeup settles in lines - there's not much you can do about it.

my only suggestion would have been a primer and you've done that.

:(
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • Koukla72Koukla72 Posts: 1,680Registered Users
    I just read in Instyle Weddings the suggestion to use Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets instead of powder under eyes when somebody asked this same question. They said, "After putting on concealer, lightly press a sheet underneath the eye, then peel it off. This absorbs excess oil in the product but leaves the pigment and prevents creasing or a wrinkled look under the eyes."

I haven't tried it yet, but I definitely plan to! :)
  • DominicanaHeatDominicanaHeat Posts: 2,729Registered Users
    Koukla72 wrote:
    I just read in Instyle Weddings the suggestion to use Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets instead of powder under eyes when somebody asked this same question. They said, "After putting on concealer, lightly press a sheet underneath the eye, then peel it off. This absorbs excess oil in the product but leaves the pigment and prevents creasing or a wrinkled look under the eyes."

I haven't tried it yet, but I definitely plan to! :)

That sounds like an excellent tip, I'm trying that tomorrow!
    3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.
  • OstaraOstara Posts: 25Registered Users
    Try a concealer from "amazing cosmetics" it provides full coverage without looking caked and sitting in the lines. You only need a tiny bit - which is just as well as its quite expensive but IMO it is the best concealer around even better than MAC.

I got mine from QVC but you may be able to source it elsewhere. You could also check out reviews for this any other products on

www.makeupalley.com
    currently using - John Masters Citrus & Neroli Detangler - Re-coil - Joiwhip & John Masters Evening Primrose shampoo when needed.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file