Hello, everyone!

RozettaStoneRozettaStone Posts: 697Registered Users Curl Novice
I've been lurking and reading this site for about a month. I've learned SO much already from many of you, and I realized it was time to join so I could participate in the forums.

In May, I read the Curly Girl book and started doing CG, and then I found this site. I'm thrilled to see the difference in my hair already. I'm one of those people who never knew she had wavy (curly?) hair but I always wanted it, so this is very exciting! My hair was quite straight into my 20s, but in the many years since then, I assumed I just had "bad" thick frizzy straight hair. After just one day of CO-washing and no brushing or combing, I saw that I had a lot of waves! Just one month later, I'm seeing a lot more waves and even some spirals! And it's getting better all the time as I learn more about how to care for it & how to treat it.

My Product Junkie is already in full gear--I've been buying & testing all kinds of products, experimenting in the kitchen, and clipping & plopping like a mad woman! I even took pictures this week after my best clumpy day!

I'm looking forward to talking with all of you and sharing our experiences. I'm already very impressed with the warmth & intelligence of this community and look forward to knowing you better.

I'm not sure of my type yet, I thought 2B when I started, and I'll try to post pix soon and hope you can tell me!
2-something? Coarse, medium underneath. Mid-back. On CG since 5/9/07.
Washing COs: VO5 Blackberry, Suave Cherry
Detangle and leave-in: Sally's GVP Conditioning Balm -- I found my HG CO!
Seal with camellia oil
Leave-in: Aura cherry almond
Gels: Homemade FSG, Eco-styler
Plus: SOTC or smooth with camellia oil, JC Nourish & Shine
Homemade food-based DTs
RC color

Comments

• LadydncingLadydncing Posts: 964Registered Users
    We are glad that you've joined and hurray for waves and spirals! Can't wait to see the pics! :)
    Maya
    3b/c CG routine
    HG line DevaCurl
    Password: Locks

event.png
  • RozettaStoneRozettaStone Posts: 697Registered Users Curl Novice
    Thank you for the welcome, Maya! :)
    2-something? Coarse, medium underneath. Mid-back. On CG since 5/9/07.
    Washing COs: VO5 Blackberry, Suave Cherry
    Detangle and leave-in: Sally's GVP Conditioning Balm -- I found my HG CO!
    Seal with camellia oil
    Leave-in: Aura cherry almond
    Gels: Homemade FSG, Eco-styler
    Plus: SOTC or smooth with camellia oil, JC Nourish & Shine
    Homemade food-based DTs
    RC color
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,831Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Welcome, RS; we're glad to have you!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file