Cat Cosmetics anyone?

ChelleChelle Posts: 131Registered Users
I just put in an order with them after seeing their ad in Allure. It looks and sounds really good and had a lot of positive reviews on makeupalley. I ordered their Six pot and the foundation (can't remember the exact name)

Anyone like it, hate it, or ever even try it?

Here's their site if anyone wants to look http://www.catcosmetics.com/

Chelle
2a?, using MOP C system hydrating poo, Elucence conditioner, B&A Biomineral gel......off and on results....rely most on my curling iron for help

Comments

• songbirdsongbird Posts: 60Registered Users
    Hi Chelle. I'm glad you're giving it a try. As I told you, I've never tried Cat but I just looked on the Emakemeup.com website. ALL of the Cat Cosmetic products that were reviewed on their "Flower Report" got GREAT reviews. That is a good sign. Let us know what you think when you get your goodies! :D
    3a Curls
    Currently using Jessicurl's GLS, Aloeba Daily Conditioner, and Kenra Platinum Freezing Gel
  • ChelleChelle Posts: 131Registered Users
    I just got it yesterday :D I haven't totally decided what I think of it yet but here are my thoughts so far.

I purchased the Six Kitten and the Skin Double foudatiuon duo.

The foundation is ok but it is a bitter more makeupeye than I like. I like a foundation to cover my blemishes (my brown discolorations) but still let my skin (freckles and such) show through. My skin isn't flaky right now but this definately accentuates my dry spots. The colors match good but I'm not sold.

The six kitten.....first is *small* I was a bit shocked when I saw how small my $60 pallette was, I would estimate it to be about 4"x5" and about 1/2" thick. The blush is really nice, the bronzer is nice, the shadows I am playing with and think I like them but the glosses (3 of the pots are glosses) aren't the greatest. The colors are ok but they don't stay that long and again there isn't that much of them in the little pot.

I found her video Simply Gorgeous on Ebay and bought it, I am going to wait until I see it and see what sort of tips and applications she uses but I have a feeling I will be returning it.

If it wasn't that expensive I would maybe keep it but it is very expensive (for me anyway) and the performance is so so.

I need to continue my quest for a good foundation because that seems to be what I have more trouble with than anything.

Chelle
    2a?, using MOP C system hydrating poo, Elucence conditioner, B&A Biomineral gel......off and on results....rely most on my curling iron for help
    I am right there with you on the quest for a good foundation. I'm beginning to get discouraged because I haven't found the PERFECT one yet. I'm still not totally sold on the Glo Minerals Pressed. My problem is that I have never done well with a liquid foundation and I like to keep the steps to a minimum which is why I've been using a creme to powder for such a long time and why I'm looking for something that is all one step. However, I'm getting those lovely lines on my forehead from my years of sun exposure and I HATE them. I'm turning 35 in a couple of weeks and I'm obsessing about not wanting to look old. The Glo Minerals definitely does not settle in my lines (like my creme to powder does) and makes my forehead look smoother but I get shiny in my T-Zone by mid day. I've been searching and searching on the internet and reading reviews. It sounds like you, Chelle, have been doing the same thing. I also do not like to spend an arm and a leg on makeup but I am considering trying Estee Lauder So Ingenious Powder Makeup or MAC Studio Fix, although I hate paying so much for foundation when I get my Mary Kay at discount since I'm still considered an "active" consultant. Maybe the solution to my problem would be to just get bangs to cover my aging forehead!!! :lol:

Well, one of these days hopefully we will be reporting to each other that we've found our HG foundation! :D
    3a Curls
    Currently using Jessicurl's GLS, Aloeba Daily Conditioner, and Kenra Platinum Freezing Gel
  • ChelleChelle Posts: 131Registered Users
    Songbird-I forgot that you were a Mary kay user too :D I love the ease of the cream to powder to but man does it accentuate my dry skin :? and it sort of makes me look *dead* or something. I'm 32 and also stressed about looking old, I guess sort of at the point of either starting to look old or of fighting it tooth and nail every step of the way.....I think I am choosing the latter :D

I want a foundation with good coverage but that still lets my inner glow show through, I don't want to look "made up" with a perfectly matte face, I sort of like a few freckles and a bit of shine but I do need something to even out my skin, to help cover my brown blotches (I just spent a bunch of money on a prescription cream that is *supposed* to fade them) and to keep my skin hydrated because, to me, dry skin looks like old skin.

I used Loreals Feel Natural for years and have been using it more than anything lately but I'm not 100% happy with it either. It is liquid and easy to apply but its staying power isn't the greatest.

Let me know if you try one of those ultra expensive brands......I'll be curious to know if they perform any better than the cheaper stuff :D

I'm not normally a Maybelline person but I have been thinking about trying their new Dream Matte foundation. I don't really like a "matte" look but it sounds really interesting and some of the girls on makeupalley are loving it....plus for $8 I can return it to walmart if I hate it.

Chelle
    Chelle, every review I've read about the Dream Matte Mouse makeup has been positive. Report back to me if you try it. At that price it certainly is worth a try I'd say. :)
    3a Curls

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file