Newbie here! :]

ghettotissueboxghettotissuebox Posts: 1Registered Users
Hi, I'm Leah. :]
I'm 17 & this site is basically my last resort in learning how to accept my thick, curly hair.

For the past 4 years, I've been straightening my hair. I've never worn it curly in public; due to the fact I have no clue as to how to tame it & being so self-conscious of it. I had a revelation tonight though, I realized that there's no way that I can continue straightening my hair for the rest of my life. Thus causing me to stumble upon this site.

I really do love my curls.. when they're wet & in place. But living in Florida with the heat and extreme humidity, frizz is a major problem & is probably the main influence of my straightening ways. With all of this straightening, my hair is a big mess. The ends are split & kinky. My whole head is dry and definitely unattractive; to say the least.

I can already tell that this site is a new found blessing because I've learned so much about curls in the past 20 minutes surfing the site than in the past 17 years. Hopefully, this site can help me develop new ways in styling but also help me feel more comfortable with my hair; without the straightener.

I'm excited to get involved in this forum & meet new people who hopefully can share what I'm feeling now & help me get started in becoming & living as a curly girl. :]

Hope to hear from all of you. :D

Comments

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,831Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Welcome. You'll find lots of advice and curl love here!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • Jeannie_LJeannie_L Posts: 73Registered Users
    funny thing... I used to be like that but later got tired of using the flat iron and chemically ruining my hair. I am pretty ok with it now although I would have prefered being born with the silky-smooth texture that we all envy from celebrities, hence why I still straighten it once in a while. I guess it is a matter of getting used to it and finding the right products suitable to your hair type. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file