Raccoon eyes??

Bonnie.Bonnie. Posts: 95Registered Users
I just recently started wearing makeup at 30 years old. My cousin is a Mary Kay consultant and got me started this summer.

I seem to have problems with my makeup running, especially the eyeliner when I use it on the inner rims. I wind up with a black eye almost every time.

What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• kinkihairkinkihair Posts: 54Registered Users
    Sometimes it's the brand and sometime it's how oily your skin is or how watery your eyes are. Also if you self consciously rub your eyes during the day.
    I wear a full face most days & although I wear 99% MAC, I actually use Posner kohl liner pencils. I occasionally check my eyes during the day to make sure nothing is runny.
    Bonnie. wrote:
    I just recently started wearing makeup at 30 years old. My cousin is a Mary Kay consultant and got me started this summer.

I seem to have problems with my makeup running, especially the eyeliner when I use it on the inner rims. I wind up with a black eye almost every time.

What am I doing wrong?
    nappy haired girls unite!

afro-american 4a/3b
  • prettypollyprettypolly Posts: 49Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The few times I've used eyeliner, I get this too :? I end up with smudgy eyes! Only on the bottom though really. If it's the brand, then what brands are good ones to use?
    2c/3a thick hair, attempting CG again!
  • ScarletScarlet Posts: 3,125Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    On the inner rims? You really should not use liner on the inner rims at all. It can cause a nasty eye infection and it also makes the eyes actually look smaller (even though a lot of make up artists say it'll make the eye look wider).
    The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    Scarlet wrote:
    On the inner rims? You really should not use liner on the inner rims at all. It can cause a nasty eye infection and it also makes the eyes actually look smaller (even though a lot of make up artists say it'll make the eye look wider).

Exactly.

My trick is to use the eyeliner on the OUTER rim, then brush it with a matching eyeshadow. That helps keep it from smudging. Liquid eyeliners are usually (in my experience) less smudge-able than pencils.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • kinkihairkinkihair Posts: 54Registered Users
    I asked my eye doctor about this. He said it's okay as long as you are not sharing pencils and it's not a daily thing. Also it's a good idea to rinse your eyes with saline when you remove your makeup. I wear contacts so that's not a problem.
    As far as making them look smaller, it really depends on the look I am going for.
    Scarlet wrote:
    nappy haired girls unite!

afro-american 4a/3b

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file