nose slimming makeup trick

luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
savvy make up girls may already know this but i just wanted to share a nose slimming technique that the mac makeup artist shared with me that really works!

basically on me she used a brown matte blush that was a shade or two darker than the color of my skin. she applied some on both sides of my nose and wow....my nose looked slimmer. she also applied some on my friends jawline and it made her face look slimmer instantly!

i think the keep is to use a matter color and if there isn't a blush you can use then perhaps you can get a regular powder that is darker than your normal powder. it's such a simple technique but it works!
a dreamy pisces :fish:
please recycle, it matters...
i change lives...through fitness
i'm more relaxed being natural

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Contouring the face with makeup was very popular in the 80's. Most people ended up looking dirty, rather than thinner.
  • firelilyfirelily Posts: 1,298Registered Users
    I've done the reverse of this - highlighting the areas that I'd like to stand out with a bit of shimmer. It seems to work pretty well for me, although I might get too old for shimmer at some point.

I'm too lazy for foundation.
    Lots and lots of fine 3b-ish hair.
    DevaCurl currently, but exploring new products.
    Love the hair!
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Contouring the face with makeup was very popular in the 80's. Most people ended up looking dirty, rather than thinner.

i wasn't wearing makeup in the 80's....but the technique works and i don't think i look dirty. it's not an everyday thing but a nice change especially when i'm really done up. i feel like it's subtle. it might work for someone taking pictures too...
    firelily wrote:
    I'm too lazy for foundation.

yeah i was that way too then i started just doing it and my skin looked great and surprisingly i feel like it actually helped improve the texture of my skin even when i wasn't wearing the foundation. i read a book by an aesthetician that basically said the goal of good skin care is to be able to have flawless skin without foundation....i'd love that...but i'm getting great benefits and really nice skin with my foundation so i think i'll keep it up a little longer :wink:
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,408Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I always contour if I'm wearing the full makeup gear.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file