coconut milk

forest13forest13 Registered Users Posts: 27
I used coconut milk yesterday evening as a conditioner and left if on for 20-30minutes before washing it off. My hair was very moisturised and all the curls looked beautiful. However today morning, my hair was a disaster story...so much frizz and some curls were 'broken'. It looked awful so I had to make a ponytail :-(. Any advice?

Comments

• ttripleblondettripleblonde Registered Users Posts: 300
    Doesn't coconut milk have proteins? Maybe it was protein buildup that made it feel rough?

**Sorry, I'm definately not an expert on the subject.
    3a/3b Mod CG
    CURRENTLY EXPERIMENTING!

excited2buy:Hello Hydration CO & LOOB

Owner Of CG Recipe Website: www.freewebs.com/triplecurl
  • forest13forest13 Registered Users Posts: 27
    yes it could very well be the protein build-up. Here's what i have observed with the coconut treatment: the day i do it, i need to wash it off with condish so it gets out most of the coconut milk and associated proteins (when i posted my topic I hadn't been doing that). Although the hair is shiny and the curls are lovely, my hair still looks greasy because of the milk. However, what I do the next day is just rinse my hair with water and that gets out all extra residue and leaves my hair hydrated, soft, curly and brillaint !!! This is the first week my hair's looking sooooo nice !
  • ttripleblondettripleblonde Registered Users Posts: 300
    I'm glad you have such great results, I'm trying out a DT today as well containing coconut milk. =)
    3a/3b Mod CG
    CURRENTLY EXPERIMENTING!

excited2buy:Hello Hydration CO & LOOB

Owner Of CG Recipe Website: www.freewebs.com/triplecurl

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file