New to CG - how to begin?

DitdahDitdah Posts: 151Registered Users
Ok, I've been reading about the CG for a few days. I've ordered the book, and been going through lots of posts and articles here. I'm excited to try CG, because my curls (probably a 3B, but I'll wait till it gets back to normal to decide) are frizzy, limp, and I have to use tons of product to get them looking "natural" - doesn't seem to make sense!

I want to try this basically at first, hopefully with a condish and gel I can find at a local store. Once I get going, I'll try changing products based on how things go, but I don't want to spend a fortune on stuff to only use it for a few weeks. I'll probably try a Vo5 or Aussie condishoner at first, and maybe the Herbal Essence gel I've seen people mention.

My question is, how do I start? Can I try now, or do I really needto wait till I get the book? I'm confused as to how to clarify and/or deep treat BEFORE starting the CG, to try and avoid or cut-down some of the oily mess and get rid of the gunk build up. Right now (before I've started anything CG) I'm using Garnier Fructis (sp?) Curl and Shine Shampoo, COnditioner, and Spray Gel. How do I go about getting started?

Thanks so much for any advice!
2B/3A, THICK. CG since 6/5/07
Alternating Deva LoPoo/VO5 Kiwi Lime, OneC, re:coil, Alagio Curl Cream, LTW, LOOB.
Always looking to buy/swap for re:coil, Deva Brown stuff
PW: hair

Comments

• JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users
    I just have some key tips:
    -Clarify before you start.
    -Make sure to use only CG-friendly products.
    As simple as it sounds, some people end up having big issues when they don't do this.
    3b-3c CG

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file