BPAL Banter for June (the scent saga continues...)

Curly Girl FlaCurly Girl Fla Posts: 1,834Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Hi :)! ...just thought I'd start a June thread....

Rou-so glad the surgery went well, and that you have such an awesome support system. I sure hope you're enjoying the shopping spree your friends planned.

Tina-happy decanting 8) I feel the same way you do about rose generally, but I'm wearing Rose Moon today, and it rounds out quite nicely. But---NO MORE ROSE for me...

Lush-what a pity that you didn't care for the ebay package that miraculously showed up...it makes me want to just do lab orders (which I guess is what I've been doing lately anyway) Hope your job's calmed down a bit.

MH-that wheat/protein allergy sounds nasty. It must be so hard to avoid-I don't know what half the stuff is on labels nowadays...so, any reviews from your most recent bpal scores? I knew you would love Pink Moon, too!

Did anybody place a Thunder Moon order? I did a small one-I forget-I think I got that , Selkie, Dorian, The Jersey Devil & Hermia, I want to say. Very different types of scents for me (except for Dorian, which I never tried, but think I'll love). Haven't tried an ozone one yet...I also got a tee, and a snake oil and dorian soap...what the hayl....a b-day present for myself :wink:

We went to Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede Sat night-dh said it was for me, but he's the one who has wanted to go...it was ok-the kids loved the horses, especially the one named Money-go figure...and now, to prepare for a small jaunt Wed. to NJ(family) and upstate NY(friends wedding-adult only, so somebody will be watching our rugrats for the weekend-it should be interesting :roll: )...

Have a great day!

Comments

• firelilyfirelily Posts: 1,298Registered Users
    Hey all! I recently bought a sampling of bpal imps on ebay. All of them were pretty different from each other, but they also all smelled very heavily perfumey (think old lady) on me. Do I perhaps just have the wrong chemistry for bpal, or should I try a few more?

I'd love to try bastet.
    Lots and lots of fine 3b-ish hair.
    DevaCurl currently, but exploring new products.
    Love the hair!
  • medusahairmedusahair Posts: 3,515Registered Users
    firelily they're oils not pefumes so they're real concentrated. Most smells need to fully dry before you get the full effect.
    If you don't like strong smells go for the ones that are reviewed as light and fresh.

CGF have fun on the trip and get some rest once you get back :D
    I'm wearing Glasya the resurrected version today. I like it but if you don't like incensy smells you'll probably want to skip it. So and I love it though. It's not wafting up to my nose, I have to sniff my arm. I can't tell if it's the scent or my nose.
    Both Pink Phoenix and Pink Moon are favorites now. I swear I should learn and just order the updates when they're out.
    I didn't order any of the updates. I think I might try one of the GC ones though. LE are such pressure oy!

Lady MacBeth is sure pretty. It doesn't last long on me which is a pity because it's sure a nice scent. I wonder if aging will help that?
    I need to get busy with reviews. I've not been wow'd by some of them lately. I hate to ruin it for people that like those scents.

I think I'm going to have to try all the night jasmine and honey suckle scents (no regular jasmine though ew) The lab versions of those flowers are so nice I think.

I'm going to place an order in a week or so from the lab, I'm thinking HOpe and Faith (since faith can't be bought alone although I do like rose) Dana O'Shee, Morocco. I'm also thinking I need a zillion dollars and some sanity because that looks like a small order to me.

No CnS on the bottles that are corrections from my lab order mess up. I really have to learn that some things take time. I'm itching to wear my Urd and to smell my WR.

CGF that Hermia looks good, I was looking at that one too. You'll have to let me know how you like it.
    2c/3a?
    Low porosity, medium texture.
    http://public.fotki.com/Medusahair/

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
  • Koukla72Koukla72 Posts: 1,680Registered Users
    Hey, everybody! *waves* I'm back from my preoccupation with finals week! I'm so sorry I haven't been by lately, it feels like forever. I've missed so much!

Rou - I'm very happy you're feeling better. And my goodness, it seems like you've found something even rarer than a unicorn tangoing with a four-leaf clover clenched between its teeth - a supportive man!!! :shock: :lol:

Firelily - Which ones have you tried on?

Oh yeah, I put in an order this time around. :roll: I'm a sucker for wood notes so I got multiples of Thunder Moon, and I also tend to like light, clean scents, which Cancer and Selkie both seemed like they might be so I got a bottle each of those. And I threw in a bottle of Dragon's Milk because it's, well, Dragon's Milk (and at least that way I'm guaranteed to love at least something that comes with the order)! I got the first installment of Blue Moon just in time to try it out and realize that although it smells yummy-pretty, on me it's barely discernible and only lasts an hour, and that isn't worth it so I didn't bother with a second bottle this time around. Lysander and Robin Goodfellow both sound like I'd love them, but since they're GC I held off in case I loved the tee shirt for Thunder Moon, but I don't so I'll probably put in another order for those along with an imp pack in a day or two. Aaaaand maybe an order for my first Bpal soaps - I've been eyeing bars of Dorian and Miskatonic U over at the Trading Post, but I'm hoping my order of Biggercritters comes today so I can find out if I want to throw another bottle of that in before it goes away.

I don't know where the money for all this is coming from. :roll:

I still haven't managed to get hold of a bottle of Pink Phoenix, but I was really disappointed by Pink Moon. I usually love carnation, but there is something a little rank under this one on me. I've tried it twice so far in the hopes it was just the day, or hormones, or something, but if it doesn't change soon, I'm going to have to give up on it.

And speaking of carnation, I'm wearing Queen Alice today. I like it! It smells like Alice after she's gotten jaded - or drunk. Let's say...more mature. :wink:
    Ooooh! I just got the mail (I swear it's coming later and later every day) and although my Biggercritters hasn't arrived, a bottle I won off ebay from the Lab did, and they frimped me a couple imps of Centzon Totochtin along with a few other things. It's yummy! Coffee beans morphing into chocolatey, boozey, slightly bitter sweetness. I like this a lot!

I also got an imp in a different order with a bad top that leaked and then broke off completely when I tried to open it. :? Does anybody have any suggestions on what on earth to do with a quarter imp of Dublin that I can't close? Dumping it into a bottle of "unscented" [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Gelebration-Spray-p-101.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-gelebration-spray]Gelebration[/buylink] (that actually smells like pizza cheese to me) or taking a bath in it are the only two things I can think of. It's currently sort-of closed with Plumber's tape, but that's not exactly a permanent solution.
    Ah-hahahahah! I just checked my email and they've announced another update - the Bastille Update! You must go check it out if you haven't already. I'm laughing my @ss off. :twisted: :lol:
    Oh man that update is a trip! :lol:

Koukla girl you can send me your Pink Moon anytime, I love it!
    Pink PHoenix is different but similar. It's different flowers though but still that sugared flower smell.
    I have a bad top on White Moon, what a waste. I have two more sent from someone that are barely on.
    Usually I take a top off one I can't stand or one that's empty and wash it with alcohol and put it on the broken one.

You can add it to unscented hand lotion, someone on here does that.

I love Centzon! I get a lot of spice from it for some reason but still it's one of my favorites.

There is some Pink PHoenix on ebay. I saw it yesterday. It's on the forum now and then. That one and Pink Moon you have to grab fast.
    2c/3a?

• rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    LOVE the update!!!

:D

wore Loralei yesterday... i don't think i'll put it on my MUST HAVE a bottle list, though i will finish the imp. haven't chosen anything yet for today.

darn! i missed Thunder Moon while undergoing all this STUFF...

:cry:

last day for the GOOD drugs and i actually NEED them this morning. but it was almost 12 hours since i last took them when i got to them this morning.

i don't think i'm going to be able to go to work tomorrow as i thought... and i did book a whole week off anyway.

koukla, the "unicorn" laughed when i told him what you said!

to be honest, i didn't want to ask him to be there with me, for a whole bunch of reasons: yes, we'd been dating over a year and we are middle-aged, not kids, but i know how i react to anesthesia (throw-up) and i was having gynecological surgery. two things that i think would turn a guy off, no matter who he is. but he is retired from the navy, he's been in a war zone and seen worse and he does have a daughter. and the man works in emergency services - if anyone can handle one redhead sick after surgery, it would be him!

and he was wonderful.... keeping me relaxed and making everyone laugh before and after my operation.

his birthday is in 3 weeks - i need to come up with some spectacular gift!

sorry to ramble...

no package of goodies from that last forum-ite. if they aren't here in today's mail, i'm asking for a partial refund - i bought them April 28th!
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • bostonwavesbostonwaves Posts: 727Registered Users
    hey - I found this thread by accident. I love BPAL.

My current favorite is THALASSA, THE GALAPAGOS MERMAID -Seaweed, kelp, salty ocean spray, bitter almond, night-blooming jasmine, frankincense, and benzoin. I just got it a couple of weeks ago.

I also have Jolly Roger, Black Pearl and Sea of Glass.

Can you tell I'm into aquatic scents? I have tons of imps, but I'm so into my 5ml sizes that I haven't given any of them a shot.

The thing with BPAL is there are so many to chose from and its really hard to tell (without imps) what you are going to like.

Glad to see fellow BPALers here.
    "What's the good of having naturally curly hair if nobody's jealous?" Freida - Peanuts

~CG 8/06 ~
    fine, wavy - 2b/3a
    KCNT and KKCC
    no package today.... i sent her an email - we'll see what happens.

put on the Orangutan musk today... mmmm.... :D
    My blog:

well....

she forgot to send them the first time and now she forgot AGAIN!

:x

i have a promise that she is sending them tomorrow with lots of frimps...

uh huh....

let's see what happens...

hmmm... i wonder if Lush and i have the same seller????
    My blog:

Hey Bostonwaves - welcome! :)

*sigh* Wouldn't you know it - I finally get a bottle of MB Underbed, and I'm having a huge allergic reaction to it. One drop from the cap, and within minutes it's now tingly and burning and the neon-red splotch has grown to grapefruit-sized proportions. I'd go wash it off, but:

a) I'm strangely fascinated watching this and want to see just how far it goes

and...

b) I love how it smells!!

I'm going to try this one in a scent locket for sure. I will make it work! (I love Tim Gunn. :D )
  • HippieChicHippieChic Posts: 252Registered Users
    Hi everyone! It's been a crazy couple of weeks, so I've been neglectful of the Bpal thread :oops: I've gotten in on the Summer Switch Witch at the Bpal forum. (kind of like a summer secret santa) and I've been stalking my victim...uhm gift receiver.

Rou, I'm so glad to hear your surgery was a success and you'll be feeling better soon.

Koukla, I hope you figure out how to get Underbed to work for you! It's one of my favorites and I'm currently hoarding. Hopefully you won't have this problem with many others!

I really wanted to do a Thunder Moon order. Thunder Moon, Selkie and Hermia all sounded wonderful. I don't know if I would have worn Thunder Moon, but I'll bet it will be an awesome room scent. Anything that makes my house smell like a summer storm has got to be good. I know there will be some for sale on the forum later anyway.

The bastille update is hilarious, unfortunatly I don't know that either of them would work. Now, if I had extra money to throw around, I'd get them on for the concept and the fact that they're doing a donation to women's shelters.

I did get a 10ml of La Fee Verte from the forum though., and alot cheaper than the price it is on Ebay right now. I just keep watching the price climb!
    Woohoo a click and ship from the lab! See, gotta remind folks then it gets in the mail. I think it's to warm and pretty outside people losing their minds.

I got my EBM , boy that was fast shipping! Now I have a full bottle all to myself :D

It's almost the weekend and I haven't bought a bottle of anything this week! I best get busy! I did bid on some though so I've not been a total angel.

I wore The Lion yesterday, that was sort of sweet slightly spicy amber goodness. I've been wearing the Masque too, a different shade of amber scent but very nice.

It's the wrong time of year for incensy smells though so back to sugary flowers today, I just love Alice. She's my pick for today. All vanilla honey flowery fun
    Wasn't I going to give up flowers? Oh silly me!

Ohhhhhh HC that scent does sound like it will smell good! Dang it one more on my NEEd list!
    2c/3a?

I got the following:

~ Darkness
    ~ Hades
    ~ Zorya
    ~ Hecate
    ~ Black Lotus
    ~ Blood

They are all just awful on me.
    Love the hair!
    firelily wrote:
    I got the following:

~ Darkness
    ~ Hades
    ~ Zorya
    ~ Hecate
    ~ Black Lotus
    ~ Blood

They are all just awful on me.

Oh, dear - it looks like you got a pack of some of the smoky, spicy, heavy ones and they didn't agree with you:

Darkness - opium, narcissus, myrrh
    Hades - black narcissus, cypress, stephanotis, opoponax, labdanum, onchya, ambergris
    Zorya - oriental spices, crystalline musk, midnight flowers, cereus, jasmine, primrose, vesper iris
    Hecate - buttery almond, myrrh, dark musk
    Black Lotus - black lotus flower, amber, myrrh, sandalwood
    Blood - dragon's blood resin, myrrh, cherry, clove

Narcissus, cereus and jasmine are some of the more, uh, intense floral notes. And I think it's safe to say you definitely don't like myrrh as a component! :wink: Don't worry, though, they're by no means all like that. You might want to check out some of the ones that are described as fruity, or aquatic, or foody since it's starting to look like you don't like the ones that are spicy/incensey. (Which I personally sometimes go for - I actually have a couple of yours on the way. :) ) And don't be afraid of all the Lab's florals. They have some really gentle, pretty ones, too.

Be sure and check out reviews on bpal.org (I myself have their search page bookmarked for that purpose - search the titles only in the Reviews forum only, and have the results shown as topics) as well as checking the note descriptions on the bpal site itself when you're buying/swapping. After a few more varied tries, you'll probably start to notice some common notes in the ones you do like, too.

Don't feel discouraged, it's definitely a learning curve for all of us, I think. I went into bpal thinking I would like mainly jasmine based scents, or light scents that smell like soap. Imagine my surprise to find out I'm mad for wood notes, dried leaves or mosses, dragon's blood, mint, and lime to name a few.

Oh, and uh, Bastet: amber, egyptian musk, saffron, myrrh, almond, cardamom and golden lotus.
    I could be wrong, of course, but it does seem to be the common denominator. :lol:
  • sfisher323sfisher323 Posts: 537Registered Users
    Hey everyone! Sorry for the long disappearance . . .

I hope everyone's doing well. :) Rou - I'm glad to hear your surgery was a success. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Did anyone place a Bastille order? I couldn't resist a bottle of each. Privilege sounds like it might be really pretty and I'm just way too curious about Pruno, particularly since on the BPAL boards, people in the know keep saying it's unlike what you would expect . . .

I also placed another Blue Moon order. :oops: My second bottle of that, a botle of Thunder Moon, Cancer, and Selkie. And an imp pack of 51, Squirting Cucumber, Baobhan Sith, Maenad, Velvet, and the Hamptons. I've been wanting to try some of those for awhile now. The Illyria scents they added all sound pretty, but I want to wait to read reviews . . .

Koukla - I also hope you figure out how to get Underbed to work for you. It's so delicious. :)

I received my bottle of Budding Moon that I purchased off ebay - I just couldn't resist a fresh from the lab (BPAL was the seller) bottle of what is quite possibly my favorite scent.

Getting a late start today, so I should probably hop in the shower. But wanted to jump back in after my super long absence. I sort of went into a post-exam hibernation for a few weeks. :D
    embracing my inner curl since late Nov 2006
    2b/3a (I think?)
    color-treated red/brown, medium-textured hair
    PJ, currently using Suave citrus smoothie, B2B pom cond, GF C&S leave-in, AG re:coil, LOOB, HE SMU, Jessicurl HCC, CC, AIS
    Koukla is right those are some heavy scents.

Now night blooming jasmine is a light scent, the labs regular jasmine is real strong. I don't like the regular jasmine at all.

If you like light clean scents you want more like Shattered

Or if you like light floral then more like Uruk or The Unicorn. Those type notes.

I like both type scents personally. Right now I'm wearing more light florals but some days it's incensy. Just depends on my mood.

SF I love Velvet, such a nice rich scent!

Kou I love Bastet. But then I love Amber. It smells just like O but with more Amber to me.
    2c/3a?

Yeah, it definitely depend on my mood, too. That and the weather. If I'm sad, or it's chilly out, then something woody like my beloved Pumpkin Patch #5, or warm and sweet and comforting, like Dragon's Milk. If I'm happy or infatuated or it's a lovely warm day, then maybe a pretty "green" floral like Amsterdam or a "cool" scent with mint or lime like The Mock Turtle's Lessons. That kind of thing.

I like Bastet, too. Actually I like it a whole lot more than O, which smelled a little cat pee-ish on me. But on me Bastet never fully loses that initial almond kick, which, combined with the very faint whiff of cardamom, makes it smell a little foody to me. Add to that the myrrh (I hear you, Firelily, about something about it making it smell old and perfume-y) and the mental picture I get of Bastet is of my grandmother baking old-fashioned Greek sweets. Yummy, but not quite me. Ah well, yet another one everyone but me loves! ;)

I haven't placed a Bastille Update order yet, but I fully plan to. I just have to wait a few days for my bank account to begin to recover from the beating it took this weekend with the Lunar Update. God, I sure hope Paris doesn't get out early!

Privilege does sound lovely. I'm a little worried about the lemon blossom at the end, as I usually hate lemon, but I'm hoping the fact that it's blossom makes the difference, or that I just can't detect it among all the rest of the pretty notes. ( :roll: Yeah, I know - lemon/lime, what's the difference? And yet they smell sooo different to me and I can always tell! Lime, grapefruit = yummy. Orange, mandarin = meh. Lemon = eww, ick, eww!)

I'm very curious about Pruno, but I might wait to get some of that off the forum boards. Though it seems like almost everyone is waiting to do that with Pruno - will there be any to be had, I wonder?

Also, am I the only geek here who keeps thinking "Star Wars" every time I see "Baobhan Sith"? 8)

OK, now I'm just rambling...
    Weird...in regular perfumes orientals, and particularly amber orientals, smell fabulous on me (Obsession, John Paul Gaultier Classique, Hanae Morae Butterfly, Givenchi Pi). Looking them all up, none of them appear to have myrrh though.

I do like complex scents, I just don't want to smell like an old lady. :?
    Love the hair!
    Crap Priviledge has Lemon flower in it, I have to get it now. Carnival Diabolique has that in there, it's sort of lemony but not the usual lab lemon. I just love it myself.
    Darn I thought I was going to get to skip this update. Although I do enjoy the humor of it all.

Bases for scents that have alcohol in them are so different for me. I still like dark scents but I do actually like the clean scents in regular perfume. I'm not as crazy about it in the oils since I can get the other in any department store I guess.

Annnnnnyhoo I put my order in tomorrow and I'm still waffling on what to get. Hope & Faith I think since I can't find any Pink Moon or Pink PHoenix to buy right now, and Morocco and Priviledge.
    I need about 15 more scents but hey, at least most of the ones I love are GC.

Anyone tried LItha? That one is looking good to me right now

Kou, jasmine, the regular kind at the lab smells like cat pee to me. Cat spray actually. I can hang with it in Eos since the other flowers mellow it but boy I was paranoid for a bit there.
    2c/3a?

i hope y'all got your orders in for Privilege - now that she's out, i guess the scent will be gone too...

:(
    My blog:

Yeah, I was talking to my Mom on the phone and out of the blue, she said, "Can you believe that brat is out of jail after only three days?" and I blurted out, "OMG, I'll call you back in five minutes!" and went running to the computer. It was still clickable so I put my order in. MH & everybody else, I hope you manage to as well!

ETA: Guess I should've knocked on wood when I said I hope she doesn't get out early, huh? I hope the Hilton mansion gets picketers. :evil:
  • Curly Girl FlaCurly Girl Fla Posts: 1,834Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Hi, everyone, and welcome to the new posters :)

Man, it's humid up here-I might as well be back in Florida! So, how do you limit the bottles you bring when you travel? I brought five, I think, and tried to get one of each type-I still wear incensy stuff in summer, although it's probably a no-no. I gave my mom my bottle of Lady Luck Blues since I have some nice rose fragrances already (I like Rose Moon better, too), and she loves it. She'll be 82 this year, and is still going strong, but even when she was younger, I remember her liking light rose scents....so happy I gave it a good home.

I haven't checked ebay or forum listings in awhile, but I did place an order for a bottle of each Bastille scent-not because I need another rose scent or the queasy Pruno combination (very curious about it as well though), but because of the intent of the update and the donations that will be made. I probably won't wear either one, and it will keep me from making my next 2 GC purchases, but, oh well...

Gotta get moving. Take it easy and enjoy your bpal-hope y'all loved Tina's decants-will look for your reviews, too :)
    i wear heavy scents year-round too!

of course, being home this week meant i was the only person enjoying them... wore Bien Loin d'Ici yesterday and i'm still in love with it!

My blog:

Haha, and speaking of jasmine, I got my Biggercritters today. Yay! I think I'm going to have to start keeping an eye out for Moroccan jasmine as a component as well as the night-blooming variety you mentioned, MH. It smells more like real jasmine and less like "perfume" jasmine, and it's so much lighter too, and doesn't overpower everything the way the lab's regular jasmine does. It's really pretty with the vanillas, though I wish I got more of the grapefruit than I am in this one. I'm really glad I bought more than one of this - I'll be wearing it a lot on summer evenings.

Firelily - Oh, yeah, I love Hanae Morae - so pretty!...No worries! There are plenty of floriental-ish scents by the lab, though I'm currently blanking out on which ones they might be. :roll: Anybody else?

And actually, don't let the mere mention of myrrh completely scare you off from trying a scent with it as a note after this either. My test of Biggercritters today proves that there's always the exception to the "but I thought I loved/hated that note, but I don't in bpal, but...but..." rule! :wink: Go get yourself some Bastet and give it a whirl if you want to!

Medusahair had a really good point: it seems for a lot of people their tastes in essential perfume oils turns out to be a bit different (or at least much wider-ranging) than their tastes in alcohol based perfumes. I know that a lot of the stuff I love from the lab is so complex and subtle, if someplace like Bath & Bodyworks or even a regular perfume house tried to make it, I'd hate it.

But therein lies the fun - you have an excuse to try everything! The stuff you "know" you love (but might turn out you don't), and the stuff you can't imagine what they'd smell like until they hit your skin and you fall in love! :twisted:
  • sfisher323sfisher323 Posts: 537Registered Users
    Rumor has it Paris is back in - so everyone has more time for the Bastille update! (And at least something more closely resembling justice is served in relation to her . . . :roll: )

Medusahair and Koukla have good points . . . not only are my tastes different when it comes to essential perfume oils, but I haven't reached for any of my alcohol based perfumes since I discovered BPAL. And while it's nothing like the BPAL collection, I have at least a half dozen bottles that no longer get love. :? I just prefer BPAL (or Possets even) to the alcohol stuff now.

I thought I loved Jasmine, thanks to Lush. But BPAL jasmine, if it's dominant, is absolutely no good on my skin. However, I like florals and sugary scents so much more than I ever thought I would. :P
    embracing my inner curl since late Nov 2006
    2b/3a (I think?)
    color-treated red/brown, medium-textured hair
    PJ, currently using Suave citrus smoothie, B2B pom cond, GF C&S leave-in, AG re:coil, LOOB, HE SMU, Jessicurl HCC, CC, AIS
    Thanks for the heads up on the Moroccan Jasmine , I was wondering if that was more like the night blooming jasmine. I love the labs honeysuckle too.

Finally my WR and Urd got here and they were sweet and sent 7 frimps for my troubles yay! Boy is Prague a night sweet light blend, very nice. That was one of my frimps either from teh lab or Tina. I got my Moon imps too yay! Dammit I knew I should have bought a bottle of Blue Moon, both it and Rose moon are nice. YOu have to like rose on the rose moon one though. Fortunately I do.
    I need some Bien Loin (hehe loin) D'ici too, it's bit heavy for those that don't like that but I love it. See those frimps are why I can't ever be through buying Bpal scents.

Tna thanks so much for doing the decanting circle, I know you're real busy now. The labels are so pretty and have so much packed on that tiny area! You are the Queen of Decanting to be sure :D :D

I placed a lab order for that Priviledge already. I should have gotten Pruno just for giggles but I got some other things instead. Hope & Faith, Black Pearl (love the iris) and Morocco.

Oh and I"m swapping my unloved Ginnivre for The Candy Butcher yay! Now to find homes for Lenore and crud one other I never look at so I can't remember it right now.

Man I love getting smellies in the mail. I have second day hair today too, and it's a sunny day. It couldn't get better I dont' think. I swear yesterday I had the most frizz free curly fabulous hair. I dont' use my Aveda gel much because it's more expensive and the dogs don't care how I look but once or twice a week I use it, man it's so good in my hair. Ok that's enough about hair sorry. But I do have Black Pearl in the front of my hair so its kind of pertinent :lol:
    2c/3a?

Koukla72 wrote:
    ... it seems for a lot of people their tastes in essential perfume oils turns out to be a bit different (or at least much wider-ranging) than their tastes in alcohol based perfumes.

put me down as the exception, mes amies!

:oops:

i just looked at the notes in all my fave BPAL and commercial scents and the number one common element - bergamot!!!

also musk, sandalwood, vetiver and patchouli.
    My blog:

Ok I found my second bpal scent that stinks on me. Le fleur de mal. Shewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    It's great in the imp but when it hits my skin there is something that tries to be green but misses and is just awful. Of course I slathered it :roll:

Ah well they can't all work for me, two out of all that I've tried that really really didn't work no matter what isn't bad.
    2c/3a?

Huh, it had never occurred to me that I would like different things in an oil than I would in an alcohol based perfume. Once I have a bit of money again, I'll give it another try.
    Love the hair!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file