CurlTalk

B2B Pom/Peach vs B2B Pom

xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
I know a lot of you really liked the pom/peach which is the old bottle - is there a big difference between the 2? I saw a bunch of the pom/peach in a big lots store yesterday and I was wondering if I should pick up a bottle or if they are so similar it's not worth it (I have some of the new B2B Pom).

Thanks!
Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~

Comments

• BrioBrio Posts: 1,432Registered Users
    I've been wanting to try this B2B stuff. I was in Big Lots a week or so ago and they had some B2B varieties, but not peach/pom. Maybe I outta go back today and dig a little more to see if I can find some.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!
    my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    This big lots had probably at least 10 bottles but I didnt want to bother if they are similar as I already have the new b2b 'just' pom cond.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
    No pom/peach at my local Big Lots. : (

I did get kiwi melon (or something like that). It has some dimethicone in it, but it's pretty far down on the ingredients list. It's supposed to be volumizing, I think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!
    my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!
    Awww - that stinks! I have to say Big Lots makes my OCD very nervous. There was cond in the sham/cond aisle but also in the deoderant section, hand lotion section, etc etc. I almost started organizing!
    Central Massachusetts

xcptnl wrote:
    Awww - that stinks! I have to say Big Lots makes my OCD very nervous. There was cond in the sham/cond aisle but also in the deoderant section, hand lotion section, etc etc. I almost started organizing!

LOL! I know. Big Lots can be downright nasty-looking sometimes! I still try to go in there about 1x week to see what they have. You never know what you might find in their HBA section.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!

• CurlieGlamourGirlieCurlieGlamourGirlie Posts: 1,198Registered Users
    I've used both, and didn't find a difference (to me) between the old and new bottles.
    I've used both, and didn't find a difference (to me) between the old and new bottles.

Thanks so much! I might not be able to resist but maybe armed with that info my PJ inner voice will shut up!
    Central Massachusetts

• 1curlydoc1curlydoc Posts: 158Registered Users
    I can't tell the difference either.
    thick 3b; currently loving Devacurl and Kinky-Curly

• RozettaStoneRozettaStone Posts: 695Registered Users
    Brio,

I posted yesterday in another thread about finding the Pom-Peach at the Big Lots in my city (S.F.). Just in case you want to look again, I had to hunt in the back of the shelves, way behind all the rows of other "flavors" before I could find the Pom-Peach stuff. I nearly gave up, but then I found it. At $1.50 for a 12-oz bottle -- which I saw for $15 today at a salon near my house -- it's worth picking some up!

Now I want to ask you guys how you like to use it -- as a leave-in only?
    2-something? Coarse, medium underneath. Mid-back. On CG since 5/9/07.
    Washing COs: VO5 Blackberry, Suave Cherry
    Detangle and leave-in: Sally's GVP Conditioning Balm -- I found my HG CO!
    Seal with camellia oil
    Leave-in: Aura cherry almond
    Gels: Homemade FSG, Eco-styler
    Plus: SOTC or smooth with camellia oil, JC Nourish & Shine
    Homemade food-based DTs
    RC color
    I saw it at my local grocery store - I am pretty sure it was $8 or $9 dollars - big lots $1.50. Amazing. Yes, at Big Lots you have to hunt for things - it scares me.
    Central Massachusetts

Brio,

I posted yesterday in another thread about finding the Pom-Peach at the Big Lots in my city (S.F.). Just in case you want to look again, I had to hunt in the back of the shelves, way behind all the rows of other "flavors" before I could find the Pom-Peach stuff. I nearly gave up, but then I found it. At $1.50 for a 12-oz bottle -- which I saw for $15 today at a salon near my house -- it's worth picking some up!

Now I want to ask you guys how you like to use it -- as a leave-in only?

thanks. I dug pretty dip with no luck. I may keep checking back occasionally, though, just to see if any pop up. At a $1.50 it's a bargain.

I do like that Kiwi Melon I found. It's got great slip and moisturizing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,237Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    I bought every bottle of peach-pom our Big Lots had on the shelf. Love the stuff and can't beat the price.
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html