CurlTalk

Nominate books for September

papayahedpapayahed Posts: 1,282Registered Users
Please nominate here.

I can't think of anything off hand so I'm up for anything.

Comments

• Summer91Summer91 Posts: 265Registered Users
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    The Celestine Prophecy

Amazon page

Everyone: Remember to put your suggested title in BOLD letters! (Or hyper link, which changes the color of the text, like Summer91 did!)

Please just suggest one for voting unless we don't get at least 5 suggestions total.
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • M2LRM2LR Posts: 8,630Registered Users
    NetG wrote:
    The Celestine Prophecy

I read this one YEARS ago. I think I would be willing to read it again and discuss it...

Great suggestion!!
    :rambo:
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    Mom2LilRob wrote:
    NetG wrote:
    The Celestine Prophecy

I read this one YEARS ago. I think I would be willing to read it again and discuss it...

Great suggestion!!

It's because the movie's coming out in 2005 and I my former roommate's in it. :lol:
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • jabbyjabby Posts: 68Registered Users
    How about The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon? You guys may have read it already....I'm a little behind in some of my reading.

"...is a murder mystery of sorts--one told by an autistic version of Adrian Mole. Fifteen-year-old Christopher John Francis Boone is mathematically gifted and socially hopeless, raised in a working-class home by parents who can barely cope with their child's quirks. He takes everything that he sees (or is told) at face value, and is unable to sort out the strange behavior of his elders and peers."

link
    3A/B hair, fine and lots of it
    currently loving: Suave M&H conditioner, CurlKeeper, B&A gel
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users
    The Man Without a Face, by Isabelle Holland.

Read it before, enjoyed it thoroughly, will read it again. :D

there was also a movie based on this book; a much younger nick stahl and mel gibson were both in it.

The Man Without a Face

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • MMWMMW Posts: 557Registered Users
    jabby wrote:
    How about The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon?

I love this book! I would definitely read it again.
  • sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users
    curlyara wrote:
    The Man Without a Face, by Isabelle Holland.

Read it before, enjoyed it thoroughly, will read it again. :D

there was also a movie based on this book; a much younger nick stahl and mel gibson were both in it.

The Man Without a Face

That was a good movie, I bet the book is great.

I reccomend Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck although it's famous and has probably been read already by most of you. But just incase.
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity