OUCH! that hurts!

CurliLocksCurliLocks Registered Users Posts: 10,573 Curl Connoisseur
So I was talking to my dad on the phone, carrying a pizza, walking down the stairs.....missed the last step and sprained my ankle! :twisted: :oops: I have weak ankles after having at least 4 major sprains on each foot, and when I twist them now I get major sprains. [email protected]!

And I was planning to primer the kitchen and dining room tomorrow so we could paint Saturday. :evil:

I have an Aircast from last time, a few years ago, but I can't find it and I'm not sure it's the right foot (well, the left one anyway!). Crap. If I had it I could still function tomorrow.

Done whining. I guess I just need some cyber hugs. :cry:
SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.

Comments

• lauraloolauraloo Registered Users Posts: 2,121
    Poor you! Luckily I've never sprained an ankle but I can imagine... yowch! Keep it elevated and ice it so it doesn't swell as badly. You may have already heard this tip but using frozen peas is supposed to be better than ice because it conforms to your hurt part better than ice. I hope you feel better!
    Not all who wander are lost.

Fine and thin 3a. PW: curls
  • internetchickinternetchick Registered Users Posts: 6,191
    Did the pizza survive? :wink:

Sorry you're in pain. Is there someone who can help you primer the walls?
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Registered Users Posts: 10,573 Curl Connoisseur
    Did the pizza survive? :wink:

Sorry you're in pain. Is there someone who can help you primer the walls?

Oh yes, I forgot to say that I maintained a firm grip on the pizza (good thing it was in the box). :D heehee!

DH can help when he gets home, but he's a PITA about painting. :roll: And then we won't have good lighting. Oh well.

I haven't iced it yet as it already feels cold and tingley, but it's elevated.
  • NetGNetG Registered Users Posts: 8,116
    Here are some {{cyber hugs}} for you!

I say you split some ice between a pack for your ankle and a nice drink to wash down the pizza...
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
    NetG wrote:
    Here are some {{cyber hugs}} for you!

I say you split some ice between a pack for your ankle and a nice drink to wash down the pizza...

Sounds good! :D and thanks!

If it's still bad in the AM and I can't put weight on it, I'll have to see my dr. I have a son to drive around and can't just sit on my butt all day (sadly). :(:wink:
  • CanItBeChristineCanItBeChristine Registered Users Posts: 6,343
    I'm right there with you! I thought I sprained my ankle a couple of weeks ago, but it stopped hurting after a couple of days. I was standing in the street waiting for my friend (and downloading a Michael Buble ringtone) and just FELL in my new interviewing wedges and my ankle turned right in! It didn't hurt so much right after, but in the middle of the show, I turned to my friend and went, "I don't think I can walk..." :shock:

I hope you feel better soon!!!! Maybe it will feel better quickly like mine did!
    Oh I hope so! Sucks huh?! Glad yours got better quickly.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    If there is one thing I learned from my broken ankle it's: USE THE HANDRAIL

Truly, I'm scared to carry stuff up and down stairs anymore if I don't have at least one hand free. Falling down a whole flight will do that to a person.

I'm glad to hear the pizza survived. Priorities ya know. ;)
  • gemidevigemidevi Registered Users Posts: 510
    Awww....so sorry! Hope the ankle gets better quickly! *hugs*
    *disclaimer* spelling, grammatical and psychological errors are for your enjoyment. :)
  • CurlieGlamourGirlieCurlieGlamourGirlie Registered Users Posts: 1,198
    Ouch is right. I'm incredibly accident-prone. Fell down a half flight of stairs here at work carrying coffee. Now I take my time going down those stairs.

I've heard cookies help heal a twisted ankle! :wink:

Stay off of it and let it rest - hope you heal soon!
    3b (I think!)
    HGs - Suave Nexxus Knockoff, Jessicurl Weekly DT, L'Oreal Out of Bed, HESMU.
    http://public.fotki.com/CurlyGlamourGirlie
    http://curlyglamourgirlie.blogspot.com
  • CynaminbearCynaminbear Registered Users Posts: 4,476 Curl Connoisseur
    I hope it feels better today.
    I am accident prone, so I keep arnica gel in the house and in the first aid kit at all times! That stuff will help with swelling, bruising, and make it all numb. It was the only way I could stay in the softball game after being hit in the shin with a 12" ball (only a day after falling out of a raft while going over a 10' waterfall. good times."
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
    shopping list:
    1. arnica gel (my neighbor let me borrow some for a wrist sprain, it helped)
    2. cookies! :D Can't hurt!

So I went to the doc this morning and they x-rayed. It looks like just a very bad sprain so far (they're sending the x-rays out to double check but we won't know until next week). They sent me to a medical supply store to try an 8-bandage and an aircast. Neither one made any difference in the pain or support that I could tell. Weird. The lady is concerned that it isn't broken after all. I wonder. I get an intense pain shooting down my foot when I put weight on the heel (the only way I can try walking). I've had several sprains but it feels different. But they said they couldn't cast until the swelling goes down anyway so we'll see. And I got a new prescription for 800 mg ibuprofen.

Oh, and I lost my earrings in the fall! :shock: Since I was on the phone, when I fell the earrings pulled out (2 posts). Of course I didn't realize this until just now, so I've been running around with 2 in the right ear and none in the left. :p I crawled around and found the 2 post fronts but can't find the backs. I'll bet they got caught in my hair and could be anywhere now. :(

Stupid clumsy dork! :oops: :evil: Now I have to sit on the couch with it elevated, watching TV and surfing the net. :roll: Poor me. ;) Good thing it's the weekend so DH can help out with our son. So much for painting now.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file