Sangria!

CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 10,904 Curl Connoisseur
I always have a jug in the fridge during the summer, and while sitting here enjoying a glass started wondering what others put in theirs?

This one is red wine with pineapples, peaches and mandarin oranges wine-smiley-001.gif
I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
Audrey Hepburn

Comments

• PoPo Registered Users Posts: 2,607
    Whatever the bartender puts in it! :lol: I never make my own.

Sangria is the only wine or wine beverage I actually like.
    3c/4a
  • kurlskurls Registered Users Posts: 843
    I use red wine, oranges, lime, strawberries, and pineapple. VERY GOOD!
    People will always do what they want to do...no matter what you say!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    I never thought of keeping some in the fridge. You've given me an idea..
  • cyndicyndi Registered Users Posts: 3,341
    one lemon
    one lime
    one orange
    1 cup orange juice
    1/2 cup sugar
    one bottle of wine

You're also supposed to add 1 1/2 cups of rum, but I usually leave that out.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Classic-Spanish-Sangria/Detail.aspx
    I think that I deceive genius.:happy10:
  • internetchickinternetchick Registered Users Posts: 6,191
    I like this one from America's Test Kitchen

The Best Sangria
    from the Episode: Party Foods, Paella Party

The longer sangria sits before drinking, the more smooth and mellow it will taste. A full day is best, but if that’s impossible, give it an absolute minimum of two hours to sit. Use large, heavy, juicy oranges and lemons for the best flavor. Doubling or tripling the recipe is fine, but you’ll have to switch to a large punch bowl in place of the pitcher. An inexpensive Merlot is the best choice for this recipe.

Serves 4
    2 large juice oranges , washed; one orange sliced; remaining orange juiced
    1 large lemon , washed and sliced
    1/4 cup granulated sugar
    1/4 cup Triple Sec
    1 bottle inexpensive, fruity, medium-bodied red wine (750 milliliters), chilled

1. Add sliced orange, lemon, and sugar to large pitcher; mash gently with wooden spoon until fruit releases some juice, but is not totally crushed, and sugar dissolves, about 1 minute. Stir in orange juice, Triple Sec, and wine; refrigerate for at least 2, and up to 8, hours.

2. Before serving, add 6 to 8 ice cubes and stir briskly to distribute settled fruit and pulp; serve immediately.
    I like white sangria with peaches
  • Who Me?Who Me? Registered Users Posts: 3,181
    I like white sangria with peaches

That's what I made last weekend! It was really good. In case anyone is interested, here's what we did:

1. Cut up a bunch of really ripe peaches and strawberries in a big tupperware container.
    2. Pour in some Absolut Peach vodka, a little bit of sugar, and some lemonade (we didn't really measure anything).
    3. Let the fruit/vodka/sugar mixture sit for a few hours in the fridge.
    4. Add some cheap white wine (We used the $2.99 Sauvignon Blanc from Trader Joe's).
    5. Add some diet gingerale to make it bubbly.

We were making it for a party, so we pretty much made a bunch of the fruit/vodka/sugar mixture, then just spooned about a quarter of it out into a pitcher and added a bottle of wine and some gingerale....and repeated 3 more times after each "batch" was gone!
    "I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON
  • MoppyTMoppyT Registered Users Posts: 998 Curl Connoisseur
    1 gallon of homemade red wine
    1 bottle of Sprite
    1/2 large can of pineapple juice
    chopped apples, oranges, and lemons.

Serve in my Special Sangria Bucket. MMmmmmm.....
    The best revenge is living well. The second best revenge is fire ants.
    MoppyT wrote:
    1 bottle of Sprite

Do you make your own wine? I've never tried that, but I have brewed my own beer.
  • MoppyTMoppyT Registered Users Posts: 998 Curl Connoisseur
    SuZenGuide wrote:
    MoppyT wrote:
    1 bottle of Sprite

Do you make your own wine? I've never tried that, but I have brewed my own beer.

I don't, but a friend of mine makes 60+ gallons of red wine with his dad every year, really good, strong stuff. He gives me 3-4 gallons every year, so I always make a bucket O' sangria to share at my annual 4th of July party.
    The best revenge is living well. The second best revenge is fire ants.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Banned Users Posts: 24,963 Curl Neophyte
    wine.gif
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 10,904 Curl Connoisseur
    wine.gif

He was my next choice :lol:
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • merynmeryn Registered Users Posts: 1,807 Curl Novice
    Blasphemy, I know, but I'm in the white sangria camp too - red just doeesn't go well with fruit and summer. I've done this with Champagne too, it's wonderful!

1/2 cup peach schnapps
    1/2 cup cognac
    1/4 cup white sugar
    4 oranges, sliced into rounds
    2 mangos, peeled and sliced
    4 (750 milliliter) bottles dry white wine, chilled
    1 liter ginger ale, chilled
  • firelilyfirelily Registered Users Posts: 1,298
    Thanks for the idea, CC! We now have a pitcher of sangria in our fridge.

So far it has:

a bunch of fresh squeezed orange juice
    a sliced up orange
    a sliced up apple
    a little bit of sugar

I think I'll taste it in a few minutes and see what else it needs.
    Lots and lots of fine 3b-ish hair.
    DevaCurl currently, but exploring new products.
    Love the hair!
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 10,904 Curl Connoisseur
    firelily wrote:
    Thanks for the idea, CC! We now have a pitcher of sangria in our fridge.

So far it has:

a bunch of fresh squeezed orange juice
    a sliced up orange
    a sliced up apple
    a little bit of sugar

I think I'll taste it in a few minutes and see what else it needs.

It needs wine!!!!
    Audrey Hepburn
    oh, um, duh...it has that too. :oops:
    Love the hair!
  • StarrwithoutniteStarrwithoutnite Registered Users Posts: 1,732
    Im enjoying my glass right now too!! Sucha perfect summer beverage. I just add ice and Sprite. Im not too into floating fruit in my alcohol.
    "Someday love will find you...break those chains that bind you!!"

XIJ2VeH.jpgXIJ2m8.png

CurlyCanadian - thanks to you, FH and I just had a BBQ! We were mixing the sangria up last night, inspired by this thread, then decided to start inviting people over.

Man that sangria went fast! Thanks for the idea, I had a lovely day!

edited because I realized he's my FH not DH.
    Love the hair!
    firelily wrote:
    CurlyCanadian - thanks to you, DH and I just had a BBQ! We were mixing the sangria up last night, inspired by this thread, then decided to start inviting people over.

Man that sangria went fast! Thanks for the idea, I had a lovely day!

Aww, so glad.....you made my night!!!!

It's so easy, and such a perfect drink for hot days! I found throwing some fruit in the freezer over night to use at ice cubes works really well :D

I went to a party the long weekend and there were a few jugs going around. I made the one I mentioned, their was a peach in white wine and a mango & brandy in red that was really good!!!
    Audrey Hepburn
    wine.gif

:lol: 8)
    CC...have you ever had it in a margarita? It gets all swirly...lol
    I know LA got me started on that.
    I can't wait until I can get one!
    It's been too long...lol

wine.gif

It's been too long...lol

A Sangria Margarita?????

Oh, details please :mrgreen:
    Audrey Hepburn
    wine.gif

It's been too long...lol

A Sangria Margarita?????

Oh, details please :mrgreen:
    I just tell the dude that waits on us at the Messsican restaurant that I want a shot of sangria in my margarrreeeetta :lol:
    yeah, it costs more, but I'm worth it...

:wink: :twisted: 8)
  • xcptnlxcptnl Registered Users Posts: 15,678 Curl Connoisseur
    I put a shot of brandy in mine.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file