What's up with the wide "Curl Fusion" ad?

KaiaKaia Registered Users Posts: 8,815 Curl Connoisseur
... the purple one on the right. It's smushing up the actual forum. :evil:
*Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    Doing the same on my computer.

I don't know. But I got a laugh out of the ad, because I had a lollipop-shaped dryer like that back in the 80s.
  • internetchickinternetchick Registered Users Posts: 6,191
    Have you ever tried FireFox? I don't get any of the ads using the Ad Block extension.
  • PeppyPeppy Registered Users Posts: 3,290
    I hate all the ads on this site. (And yes, I understand why they have them.....I still hate 'em!) I know it's been said 100 times, but I liked this board so much better before they changed it.
    Oh, it's small now.

This is my work computer and I can't install anything on it.
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Registered Users Posts: 15,402 Curl Neophyte
    Mine too. did they pay for 1/2 of the screen?? :lol:
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • 2happy2happy Registered Users Posts: 5,138
    Fat little blocks here too!
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or hump it.....Piss on it and walk away.
    Location - WI
    It's off the main page, but still on this one.
  • kcckcc Registered Users Posts: 681
    I was wondering the same thing. Mine doesn't show a picture of anything. It's just a square that says The........Curl Fusion. And a blank obnoxious long block. Maybe it's supposed to be vertical?
    And you know, I'm really not totally sold on the sandwich idea. They're kind of traditional, I know I said that, don't question me about that, but they aren't really all that chic, you know? --fig jam
    Ignore my last post. It's back on the non-hair page again.
  • KaiaKaia Registered Users Posts: 8,815 Curl Connoisseur
    Mine too. did they pay for 1/2 of the screen?? :lol:

I guess so! :?

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
    I was wondering the same thing. Mine doesn't show a picture of anything. It's just a square that says The........Curl Fusion. And a blank obnoxious long block. Maybe it's supposed to be vertical?

That's all I see too. Just a long purple box with curl fusion on the left end of it.
  • kcckcc Registered Users Posts: 681
    They probably got enough money so we can get free shipping or half off our products. :wink:

It certainly is a poorly done ad!
    And you know, I'm really not totally sold on the sandwich idea. They're kind of traditional, I know I said that, don't question me about that, but they aren't really all that chic, you know? --fig jam
  • KateRobertsKateRoberts Registered Users Posts: 286
    :?

How annoying! :x
    It's pretty sad. Such a big, obnoxious ad, and I can't even see what they're trying to sell me. :lol:

• CynaminbearCynaminbear Registered Users Posts: 4,476 Curl Connoisseur
    Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's gone. Taking up 1/4 of the screen I can handle, but 1/3 is obnoxious. Especially since there are ads on the left side of the screen, too.
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
    If you click on the left side of the ad, it links to a new Conair hair dryer.

I imagine it's some kind of formatting error when they put the ad on the page. I know nothing about web design, so I really can't venture a guess.
    SuZenGuide wrote:

I'm sure it links to something, but isn't the point of an ad to lure you into clicking by showing you gorgeous curls or something? The purple rectangle advertising strategy isn't working on me. :wink:

• DominicanaHeatDominicanaHeat Registered Users Posts: 2,729
    SuZenGuide wrote:

I imagine it's some kind of formatting error when they put the ad on the page. I know nothing about web design, so I really can't venture a guess.

And being the nosey little web design geek that I am, I viewed the page's source and found the error: whoever create the code to embed the ad to the page, accidentally made the width equal 600 pixels, rather than the height. I found two instances of the dimensions, one that looks like the right dimensions (120pxW X 600pxH) and the wrong one (600pxW X 120pxH). The wrong one overrides the correct one.
    3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.
    SuZenGuide wrote:

And being the nosey little web design geek that I am, I viewed the page's source and found the error: whoever create the code to embed the ad to the page, accidentally made the width equal 600 pixels, rather than the height. I found two instances of the dimensions, one that looks like the right dimensions (120pxW X 600pxH) and the wrong one (600pxW X 120pxH). The wrong one overrides the correct one.

Well go fix it!!!! :lol:
  • MarMar Registered Users Posts: 3,004 Curl Neophyte
    SuZenGuide wrote:
    Doing the same on my computer.

I don't know. But I got a laugh out of the ad, because I had a lollipop-shaped dryer like that back in the 80s.

Me too!
    It lasted FOREVER!
    I replaced it less than 10 years ago
    "what's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?"

"If you judge people,you have no time to love them"
    -Mother Theresa
  • echokittenechokitten Registered Users Posts: 1,751
    It was driving me so crazy I posted on the feedback board about it.
    OCD OCD OCD OCD :evil:
    AARRGGG.
    Cincinnati Ohio>>>Coarse protein sensitive 3a, Jessicurl WDT as a leave in, Biotera gel, White Boots, PW= coffeecurls

"Man tries to exaggerate what nature has given him," Charles Darwin (1809-1882).

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -Sophia Loren
  • DominicanaHeatDominicanaHeat Registered Users Posts: 2,729
    Peppy wrote:
    SuZenGuide wrote:

Well go fix it!!!! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: I would have if I had access! :lol:

I see it's fixed now! :)
    3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.
  • yagottaloveyacurlsyagottaloveyacurls Registered Users Posts: 5,766 Curl Connoisseur
    :evil: My neck is starting to twitch....
    It's like sitting on a bus and having some little kid kick the back of your seat over and over.....
    ARGGGGHHHHH.
    I'm freaking out.
    must.leave.now.
  • CynaminbearCynaminbear Registered Users Posts: 4,476 Curl Connoisseur
    It's not fixed for me, especially on this thread.
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
  • FieryCurlsFieryCurls Registered Users Posts: 2,904
    I still have mine and use it everytime I dry my hair. I have had it for at least 20 years. I have tried a diffuser, but it never makes my hair look as nice as this one...I always go back to it.
    2qhtm5.png

WNckm6.png
    I swapped mine to another curly, and I'm darned if I can remember who it was.
  • spring1onuspring1onu Registered Users Posts: 16,528 Curl Connoisseur
    That ad is pissing me off. :evil:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
  • gggg Registered Users Posts: 1,865
    I thought it was me. Glad I clicked this thread.
    You don't have to blow out my flame to make yours burn brighter.

When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.

How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.
  • gekko422gekko422 Registered Users Posts: 4,869 Curl Connoisseur
    And I would like to thank the programming Gods for FireFox and AdBlock. :D
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

You know why pandas are endangered? Cause pandas ain't got no game.

Jesus loves you, but I'm his favorite.
    Ah! Fixed, and now it has a picture of the dryer, which makes much more sense.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file