Hey work from home wannabes (update )

gggg Registered Users Posts: 1,865
So I'm trying to escape the rat race and work from home full time. I'm not there yet. I try different things but it's just change really but hey change adds up right? At least it puts a couple dollars in the pocket.

I found a site that pays you $3-$20 (or more) per article to write about anything. They pay through PayPal. The article has to be a minimum of 400 words. It's free to join. I 'll try it for a month and see what happens. I hope I don't get lazy and can write an article a day.

It's called AC. You can post videos too.

Has anyone every tried the sites where you post and get paid?
You don't have to blow out my flame to make yours burn brighter.

When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.

How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.

Comments

• FreeCurlsFreeCurls Registered Users Posts: 4,408
    have you written anything yet? is this a for real thing?
    [FONT=&quot]Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce & FreeCurls[/FONT]

• KurlyKaeKurlyKae Registered Users Posts: 3,413 Curl Neophyte
    That is something I would LOVE to do. Please keep us posted on how it goes!
    3a/2c
    Trader Joe's Tingle conditioner wash/ conditioner
    AG re:coil, LALooks gel, John Frieda Secret Weapon
  • sew and sewsew and sew Registered Users Posts: 3,443
    I'm really curious how that works out too (and if it's legit). I'd definitely be interested in doing it (am a gov. journalism major) if it's not way too time consuming given the likelihood of pay off.
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity
  • gggg Registered Users Posts: 1,865
    I wrote an article but haven't sent it yet. I'll finish it and send it today. Yes it's legit. I looked it up and read on a different message board about people who are doing it to make money. It won't replace your regular income but hey a few hundred dollars a month won't hurt.

• spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
    gg, aside from writing the articles, what other means of self employment are you pursuing? (I'm thinking along these lines, too.)

• WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Banned Users Posts: 24,963 Curl Neophyte
    I work from home...
    pm me if you have questions...

:)
    gg, aside from writing the articles, what other means of self employment are you pursuing? (I'm thinking along these lines, too.)

Nothing too serious which I really need to get cracking on. I thought about this tigerfish. It's for transcription, looking at the site apparently you don't need formal transcription education. I haven't applied yet. You can also do customer service from home but I haven't tried it yet because my connection is up and down

I've just been doing some penny ante stuff to make a couple of bucks. I'll try anything as long as it's free :lol: Mostly just sites that pay you to do things like read email, complete offers, surveys.

Here are some of the sites

CashNEmail
    Tik Tik Cash
    Inbox Dollars
    Instant Profitz
    Snap dollars
    Treasure Trooper
    Fusion Cash
    Cash Crate
    Wow Earnings
    Prizebook
    Banner Surfing

It's hard to keep up with all of them but I hear people make a couple hundred a month from them. I just do these once in a while to see how much I can get.

I'm also doing some affiliate marketing. You just have to get traffic to the website and if someone buys a product you get a percentage. Here's a good place to check out clickbank.

With this you look to see what produts you want to market get the link and start promoting like through blogs or your own website. If you have a product to sell you can post the info and other people (affiliates) will promote your product.

• internetchickinternetchick Registered Users Posts: 6,191
    I did Inbox Dollars for a time. You can do well at first, but then it quickly becomes not worth it. You don't make much.
  • 1curlydoc1curlydoc Registered Users Posts: 158
    gg wrote:
    I found a site that pays you $3-$20 (or more) per article to write about anything. They pay through PayPal. The article has to be a minimum of 400 words. It's free to join. I 'll try it for a month and see what happens. I hope I don't get lazy and can write an article a day.

It's called AC.

So, gg, did you try this? I'm curious how it's been working out for you.
    thick 3b; currently loving Devacurl and Kinky-Curly

1curlydoc wrote:
    gg wrote:

It's called AC.

So, gg, did you try this? I'm curious how it's been working out for you.

I submitted an article but it takes up to 2 weeks to get approved. I have another one that I'm about to submit, just need to think of a few sentences for an ending. Unfortunately I haven't kept up with writing every day but I am more focused now. They have a forum and one guy showed a screen print of how much he made since March, it was over $900 so that 's a motivator for me.

I'm checking out other sites that pay you as well. Basically you can just keep submitting the same article to different sites and get paid for just doing the work once. I know there are probably more places that pay higher like for freelance writers, but I'm in no way the best writer so for now I'll try this. Maybe if I get good I can make tons more money, who knows.

I got paid for two articles. It's not much but I'm just starting so I'll take it. Hopefully it will increase the more articles I write, and the better I get. The first article I got $3.89 the second I got $3.86. They haven't posted the articles yet. I'll post a link when they do. It's chump change for now but it's a start.

• KurlyKaeKurlyKae Registered Users Posts: 3,413 Curl Neophyte
    That's fantastic, gg. I can't wait to see what you've written. That's 7 plus dollars you didn't have before, right? Once we get settled into the new house, I'd love to try this myself. Wouldn't it be nice if I can actually put that English major to use?
    3a/2c
    Trader Joe's Tingle conditioner wash/ conditioner
    AG re:coil, LALooks gel, John Frieda Secret Weapon
    KurlyKae wrote:
    That's fantastic, gg. I can't wait to see what you've written. That's 7 plus dollars you didn't have before, right? Once we get settled into the new house, I'd love to try this myself. Wouldn't it be nice if I can actually put that English major to use?

True, I need every dollar I can get right now :)

• sherry7899sherry7899 Registered Users Posts: 897
    Has anyone tried Tigerfish? I'm thinking of going to school to become a medical transcriptionist, and this would at least let me see if I enjoy transcribing. We need a new soundcard for our computer and to get rid of dialup first, though.

How about the sites where you do surveys? I saw someone posted a list. Are they really legitimate? Do they mail you checks for payment?

I"m a SAHM right now, but am trying to figure out what to do. I cannot stand the thought of going back to office work and being trapped in a cubicle and dealing with office politics and crap like that.

Any ideas would be so appreciated!
    Thanks-
    Sherry
    Sherry,

I haven't tried tigerfish yet (I need to get a better connecton) but I plan to. I also did the survey thing for a good six months. Didn't earn squat but I have heard of people making a couple hundred dollars doing it. I guess the trick is finding a site that will actually pay. Most of the sites I came across only gave you points that you could use for cash or prizes. Some sites only gave you an entry to a sweepstakes.

The sites I posted above pay you for a combination of things not just surveys. You can find tons of survey sites just don't join any that you have to pay for a membership.

If you pm me your email address I can send you an invitation to a survey site. It's free and they pay through PayPal. You have to have $100 before you get paid.

For anyone who cares (I know you don't :) ) I just wanted to give a final update. I got paid for another article and my first 2 articles were finally published which took longer than usual for some reason. It's weird because they published one article but they didn't publish one that I wrote earlier (I still got paid for it). Their timeframes doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason. Anyway if you want to take a peek here they are. Keep in mind I'm not any kind of good writer.

www.associatedcontent.com/article/293363/making_money_with_paid_to_read_ptr.html

www.associatedcontent.com/article/280556/digging_out_of_debt.html
    oops I spotted a typo :oops: I used spell check I swear.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file