Do you crave textures or specific foods?

BefrizzledBefrizzled Registered Users Posts: 3,854
When it comes to food, I typically crave texture over specific foods. My most common craving is mushy food. Brownies, gooey cookies, Mexican food (minus tacos or anything else really crunchy), pizza and other Italian food, rice, mashed potatoes.. anything like that falls into the mushy category. I often have a hard time deciding WHAT to eat, to the annoyance of family, SOs, etc., because I'm not really ever in the mood for specific food, and rarely does a specific food sound good to me, just a texture. Am I the only freak?
Under construction.

Comments

• cosmicflycosmicfly Registered Users Posts: 1,814
    I crave spicy foods and pasta. Spicy noodles, usually with a green vegetable of some sort make me really happy.

Great, now I'm hungry...
  • quickcurlquickcurl Registered Users Posts: 1,310
    Yes. You are the only freak.....

Kidding!!! :lol::lol::lol:

I don't know if I crave specific textures, but I definitely crave specific foods. Like there are times when I just really REALLY want a steak. It's the taste, the texture, the smell, all of it. The only food that I crave that I can not explain at all is BBQ. There's just something about it that I just love! :lol:
    "It's hard to remember a time, when I didn't have you", Richie Sambora
    "Boys are bad and men are stupid", WB's
    "After a while, you just want to be with the one that makes you laugh" Mr. Big
  • BefrizzledBefrizzled Registered Users Posts: 3,854
    quickcurl wrote:
    Yes. You are the only freak.....

What else is new? :lol::lol:
    Under construction.
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh please....you are not alone in your freakdom and you KNOW that is true!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    quickcurl wrote:

Oh please....you are not alone in your freakdom and you KNOW that is true!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

And this is why I love you. :wink::lol:
    Under construction.
  • sariroosariroo Registered Users Posts: 1,958 Curl Neophyte
    I crave really crunchy things. I love potato chips, especially tortilla chips, toast, carrots, etc. If it is crunchy, I usually love it. I get some weird satisfaction out of hearing the crunch as I eat. :oops: :oops: :oops:
    316vq4y.jpg
  • gggg Registered Users Posts: 1,865
    I've never craved textures but there are some textures that I absolutely hate. FAT EWWW I hate hate hate the look, smell and taste of in my mouth of any kind of fat. I can't even stand to look at it. I have to cut it out from any meat I eat.

I hate the texture of roe in my mouth. When I get sushi I make sure it has no roe. Eventhough it really doesn't taste like anything I hate the texture in my mouth. Another seafood texture I hate is sea cucumber ewww it's almost like hard fat ugh. The first time I tasted it I just about spit it out.

But I love the texture of calamari mmm. To me it can also be a little tasteless but I love the chewyness of it.
    You don't have to blow out my flame to make yours burn brighter.

When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.

How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.
  • JosephineJosephine Registered Users Posts: 14,408 Curl Connoisseur
    cosmicfly wrote:
    I crave spicy foods and pasta.

Same here. And cheesy pastas. I don't know if that counts as textures though because I'm going for the flavor. I crave panang curry a lot - my new favorite thai dish.
    Befrizzled wrote:
    quickcurl wrote:

I love you too man!! :lol:

After reading the other posts, there are absolutely textures that I avoid like the plague. Fat, like someone else mention, really disgusts me. I'll cut all of it off of a steak or any other piece of meat. I will not eat it. Just the thought of it....eeeewwwwww.
    quickcurl wrote:
    Befrizzled wrote:
    quickcurl wrote:

I love you too man!! :lol:

After reading the other posts, there are absolutely textures that I avoid like the plague. Fat, like someone else mention, really disgusts me. I'll cut all of it off of a steak or any other piece of meat. I will not eat it. Just the thought of it....eeeewwwwww.

I had steak tonight and attacked the thing with a knife. I'm the same way. Yuck.

I just saw a Taco Bell commercial. They're a big go-to for mushy texture. I try to make whatever I order as good for me as possible, but the best stuff is the worst. 7-layer crunchwrap minus taco strips and sour cream (gelatin, I don't eat it) is HEAVEN for mushy food. The crunch taco disk thing isn't too crunchy in all the mush, and it gets mushier the longer it's in there.
    Under construction.
  • Aries_jbAries_jb Registered Users Posts: 1,556
    I'm really big on texture! One of my favorite foods is very cold ice cream, especially a creamy recipe. I also love soft, chewy food like pizza, brownies, soft cookies, etc. I find the texture of that type of food very comforting. I've been told I'm weird because after I take my first bite of such food, I exhale like I just took a hit off a bong :lol: . Good stuff.
    www.myspace.com/littlemonkey0403
    3B that is no longer CG, but still endeavors to have healthy hair by not using sulfates.
  • wild_sasparillawild_sasparilla Registered Users Posts: 4,306
    Josephine wrote:
    cosmicfly wrote:
    I crave spicy foods and pasta.

Same here. And cheesy pastas. I don't know if that counts as textures though because I'm going for the flavor. I crave panang curry a lot - my new favorite thai dish.

OMG. Panang curry is my fave, too! Get out of my mind! I also crave thai iced tea, which is absolutely the yummiest drink ever.

Mmmmmmmmmm...aw man, I can't get Thai food late at night....
    OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie. :shock:
  • JosephineJosephine Registered Users Posts: 14,408 Curl Connoisseur

OMG. Panang curry is my fave, too! Get out of my mind! I also crave thai iced tea, which is absolutely the yummiest drink ever.

Mmmmmmmmmm...aw man, I can't get Thai food late at night....

Haha..oh yea I love the thai iced tea. Very few places make the panang curry well though.

I avoid mushy textures - I hate lima beans and seafood. I can deal with lima beans if I have them by accident or if they're in my food I'll push them aside. Cannot have seafood at all though.
  • KaiaKaia Registered Users Posts: 8,815 Curl Connoisseur
    I usually crave certain food or tastes, and don't care too much about texture. If I'm really craving potatoes, I'll take 'em mashed, fried, baked, whatever. Or I'll crave something salty or something sweet. There are textures I don't like, and I avoid foods with them. Fat is an obvious one, but I also HATE the texture of water chestnuts. I always pick them out of my chinese food, and cringe if a piece ever sneaks through to my mouth. :x I also hate shrimp b/c it feels section-y when you bite down on it. UGH! I feel ill just thinking about it!
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
    I usually crave particular meals or dishes...not just random ingredients or textures or flavors.

Like yesterday it was a hot meatball sandwich w/ tomato sauce and mozzerella cheese on Italian bread. Today it's Jamaican oxtails w/ rice and peas and cabbage.

Even for dessert, I'll usually want a particular dessert...just any old sweet thing isn't going to cut it.

• firelilyfirelily Registered Users Posts: 1,298
    gg wrote:
    I hate the texture of roe in my mouth. When I get sushi I make sure it has no roe. Eventhough it really doesn't taste like anything I hate the texture in my mouth. Another seafood texture I hate is sea cucumber ewww it's almost like hard fat ugh. The first time I tasted it I just about spit it out.

Mmm...I love the texture of roe! It's like bubble wrap for my mouth!
    Lots and lots of fine 3b-ish hair.
    DevaCurl currently, but exploring new products.
    Love the hair!
  • PeppyPeppy Registered Users Posts: 3,290
    Hmmm....I wonder......if mushy food seems to be comfort food, could it be because our first food memories are mushy?
  • tgreyztgreyz Registered Users Posts: 1,627
    I don't know that I crave texture but I definitely crave chocolate. I usually have some type of baked good in the house..brownies, cookies, cake. I was trying to resist baking anything but I was craving a brownie yesterday. May have to bake something.
    3b or 3c curls | My Fotki
    combo2.gif________________________________________________

event.png
    Aries_jb wrote:
    I'm really big on texture! One of my favorite foods is very cold ice cream, especially a creamy recipe. I also love soft, chewy food like pizza, brownies, soft cookies, etc. I find the texture of that type of food very comforting. I've been told I'm weird because after I take my first bite of such food, I exhale like I just took a hit off a bong :lol: . Good stuff.

HA! I knew I wasn't the only one. :wink:

Peppy - Good point. I never thought of it that way.

sariroo - My mother is the same way. She's said before that if there isn't crunch, she sometimes doesn't even feel satisfied.
    Under construction.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file