is it wrong that this picture made me giggle?

FreeCurlsFreeCurls Registered Users Posts: 4,408
20070529_lohanslumps_250.jpg


Not to say that I have no concern for her. I'm disappointed in how Lohan's life has turned out. I always thought she was such a talented child actress and it's a shame that she's wasting herself this way. And to have this godawful picture floating arund! But still it makes me giggle. Look at her with her mouth wide open, dead to the world. Craziness, all of it!

It's gotten to the point where it's almost child abuse to let your kid become a child star. Their future is pretty much wrecked -- at least for a good 10-year period where they go wild and before rehab really works for them.
[FONT=&quot]Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce & FreeCurls[/FONT]


«1

Comments

  • SpringcurlSpringcurl Registered Users Posts: 8,002
    I've been laughing every time I see it.
    TWINKLES.gifTWINKLES.gifTWINKLES.gif

    Obamacare is not a blueprint for socialism. You're thinking of the New Testament. ~~ John Fugelsang



  • CurlyGina2CurlyGina2 Registered Users Posts: 1,048
    I thought that one was funny too. :) And AFTER her DUI.
  • internetchickinternetchick Registered Users Posts: 6,191
    Is she actually passed out or did they catch her with her eyes shut?
  • SpringcurlSpringcurl Registered Users Posts: 8,002
    Is she actually passed out or did they catch her with her eyes shut?

    I think she's passed out. A series of photos can be seen HERE.
    TWINKLES.gifTWINKLES.gifTWINKLES.gif

    Obamacare is not a blueprint for socialism. You're thinking of the New Testament. ~~ John Fugelsang



  • CherishCherish Registered Users Posts: 1,847
    I had no idea how hard these starlets and wannabes (Paris et al) party until I saw one of those specials on E! about it. She will surely look hard and rough by age 30.
  • curlylauracurlylaura Registered Users Posts: 8,352 Curl Neophyte
    Cherish wrote:
    I had no idea how hard these starlets and wannabes (Paris et al) party until I saw one of those specials on E! about it. She will surely look hard and rough by age 30.

    I read something somewhere on the internet, I can't remember where so I can't link, but the reporter said Linsday looks a lot older than the 20 she is because of the hard living, tanning, drinking, drugs, lack of sleep and extreme diets.
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • sarasarasarasara Registered Users Posts: 1,561
    If she really cared about people laughing at her pictures she would takemore care about herself.

    So I do't find it wrong to laugh at her :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • ScarletScarlet Registered Users Posts: 3,125 Curl Neophyte
    How very glamorous. :roll:

    Someone really ought to tell her mother, "hey Dina, come get your daughter".
    The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell
  • SpringcurlSpringcurl Registered Users Posts: 8,002
    Scarlet wrote:
    How very glamorous. :roll:

    Someone really ought to tell her mother, "hey Dina, come get your daughter".

    That's really the point though, isn't it?

    Her mother should have checked her when she was 16 dating that 20something guy from That 70s Show.

    It's been clear for a while that her mother doesn't know how to parent.
    TWINKLES.gifTWINKLES.gifTWINKLES.gif

    Obamacare is not a blueprint for socialism. You're thinking of the New Testament. ~~ John Fugelsang



  • CherishCherish Registered Users Posts: 1,847
    curlylaura wrote:
    Cherish wrote:
    I had no idea how hard these starlets and wannabes (Paris et al) party until I saw one of those specials on E! about it. She will surely look hard and rough by age 30.

    I read something somewhere on the internet, I can't remember where so I can't link, but the reporter said Linsday looks a lot older than the 20 she is because of the hard living, tanning, drinking, drugs, lack of sleep and extreme diets.

    I think I read that she now gets so wasted that's she's even late on set - it can't be easy trying to keep up with the trust fund/money crowd who don't have to work.
  • curlylauracurlylaura Registered Users Posts: 8,352 Curl Neophyte
    Cherish wrote:
    curlylaura wrote:
    Cherish wrote:
    I had no idea how hard these starlets and wannabes (Paris et al) party until I saw one of those specials on E! about it. She will surely look hard and rough by age 30.

    I read something somewhere on the internet, I can't remember where so I can't link, but the reporter said Linsday looks a lot older than the 20 she is because of the hard living, tanning, drinking, drugs, lack of sleep and extreme diets.

    I think I read that she now gets so wasted that's she's even late on set - it can't be easy trying to keep up with the trust fund/money crowd who don't have to work.

    It's wonder she has work to go to.
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • DoodlesDoodles Registered Users Posts: 1,984
    curlylaura wrote:
    Cherish wrote:
    curlylaura wrote:
    Cherish wrote:
    I had no idea how hard these starlets and wannabes (Paris et al) party until I saw one of those specials on E! about it. She will surely look hard and rough by age 30.

    I read something somewhere on the internet, I can't remember where so I can't link, but the reporter said Linsday looks a lot older than the 20 she is because of the hard living, tanning, drinking, drugs, lack of sleep and extreme diets.

    I think I read that she now gets so wasted that's she's even late on set - it can't be easy trying to keep up with the trust fund/money crowd who don't have to work.

    It's wonder she has work to go to.

    Yeah, I don't get it either.
    2A/2B, fine, normal porosity

    Growing out a pixie as of November 2013 :elephant:

    Shampoo: Elucence MBS & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
    Conditioner: Elucence MBC & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
    Leave-in: CJ BeautiCurls
    Stylers: BA gel & AG Re:coil

    Product Junkie that keeps falling off the wagon!:tongue3:
  • JosephineJosephine Registered Users Posts: 14,408 Curl Connoisseur
    She works, parties hard, she's having fun..I don't see the big deal. It's too bad that her friend couldn't get her home to avoid the public display.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    I get really tired of all this rehab and addiction talk. The woman is drunk. So what. I'm sure at least half the population on this board has been drunk in public a few times. I know i have. I'm not an addict, and don't need rehab. Sooner or later, most young adults figure out that waking up with the imprint of the toilet on your face isn't so fun anymore and they stop...or at least keep it down to a dull roar.
  • DominicanaHeatDominicanaHeat Registered Users Posts: 2,729
    What I didn't understand when I saw that picture was WHY it made front cover of the NY Post when there was much more serious and important news/events that happened the day before here in the NY area.
    3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.
  • KaiaKaia Registered Users Posts: 8,815 Curl Connoisseur
    I feel bad for her. She never got to have a normal childhood, and she's still a kid in many ways. All this press isn't helping any. And RCW is right... most people drink too much at some point in their lives. The rest of us just don't end up on the front page in our most embarrassing moments.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

    Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • FreeCurlsFreeCurls Registered Users Posts: 4,408
    how many of us have had multiple DUIs and been in rehab twice by age 20?
    [FONT=&quot]Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce & FreeCurls[/FONT]


  • JosephineJosephine Registered Users Posts: 14,408 Curl Connoisseur
    Bailey422 wrote:
    And RCW is right... most people drink too much at some point in their lives. The rest of us just don't end up on the front page in our most embarrassing moments.

    Yup...shiiit I just had a parking lot puking incident a couple weeks ago(yes it was embarassing because the last time I got so drunk was 4 years ago). It's not stoppin me :D.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    how many of us have had multiple DUIs and been in rehab twice by age 20?


    I'm not saying she shouldn't be punished for that. She should definitely face severe consequences for putting other people on the road in danger...e.g. lose her license for at least 10 years and possibly even have jail time (I hear Paris is looking for a roommate). But these celebrities seem to be able to get away with murder just by checking into rehab. It's likely that Lindsey is no more an addict than most of America's college students who over-indulge the alcohol for a few years.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    how many of us have had multiple DUIs and been in rehab twice by age 20?


    I'm not saying she shouldn't be punished for that. She should definitely face severe consequences for putting other people on the road in danger...e.g. lose her license for at least 10 years and possibly even have jail time (I hear Paris is looking for a roommate). But these celebrities seem to be able to get away with murder just by checking into rehab. It's likely that Lindsey is no more an addict than most of America's college students who over-indulge the alcohol for a few years.

    You have a good point there. Remember when it was Drew Barrymore who was the drunk teenage celeb in and out of rehab? She turned out fine by all accounts.
  • FreeCurlsFreeCurls Registered Users Posts: 4,408
    how many of us have had multiple DUIs and been in rehab twice by age 20?


    I'm not saying she shouldn't be punished for that. She should definitely face severe consequences for putting other people on the road in danger...e.g. lose her license for at least 10 years and possibly even have jail time (I hear Paris is looking for a roommate). But these celebrities seem to be able to get away with murder just by checking into rehab. It's likely that Lindsey is no more an addict than most of America's college students who over-indulge the alcohol for a few years.

    you misinterpreted my point. Josephine said tht she didn't see why this is big news. Kids have been getting drunk and wild for eons. It's a phase, etc. I was responding to that. Yes it's true that Young adults and teens tend to exhibit this behavior but I'd say that the majority do not rack up DUIs, court appearances and stints at rehab as today's starlets do. Cherish mentioned the degree of partying for young hollywood. It sounds extreme to me but if you have unlimited funds, no boundaries and an inflated sense of self I guess this type of behavior is to be expected. Your average young adult isn't that "fortunate" and their partying behavior reflects that.


    A for rehab being a get out of jail free card -- I completely disagree with that. To me it's a clear admission of guilt as far as the laws of this country go with regards to illegal drug usage so I don't wuite get why admitted addicts so often escape the legal consequences of their addiction by going to a spa...I mean to a rehab facility.
    [FONT=&quot]Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce & FreeCurls[/FONT]


  • JosephineJosephine Registered Users Posts: 14,408 Curl Connoisseur
    FreeCurls wrote:
    you misinterpreted my point. Josephine said tht she didn't see why this is big news. Kids have been getting drunk and wild for eons. It's a phase, etc. I was responding to that. Yes it's true that Young adults and teens tend to exhibit this behavior but I'd say that the majority do not rack up DUIs, court appearances and stints at rehab as today's starlets do. Cherish mentioned the degree of partying for young hollywood. It sounds extreme to me but if you have unlimited funds, no boundaries and an inflated sense of self I guess this type of behavior is to be expected. Your average young adult isn't that "fortunate" and their partying behavior reflects that.


    A for rehab being a get out of jail free card -- I completely disagree with that. To me it's a clear admission of guilt as far as the laws of this country go with regards to illegal drug usage so I don't wuite get why admitted addicts so often escape the legal consequences of their addiction by going to a spa...I mean to a rehab facility.

    Actually I said I don't think it's a big deal. I know why it's big news - it's Lindsey Lohan and we're obsessed with celebrities. If the avg 20 year old had the money she had, fame, looks, everything combined..I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be atypical to party the way a lot of the young celebrities do. Why would anyone compared them to us. Money changes everything. C'est la vie. They shouldn't be able to buy their way out of a DUI though. That's endangering other people's lives.
  • FreeCurlsFreeCurls Registered Users Posts: 4,408
    Josephine wrote:
    FreeCurls wrote:
    you misinterpreted my point. Josephine said tht she didn't see why this is big news. Kids have been getting drunk and wild for eons. It's a phase, etc. I was responding to that. Yes it's true that Young adults and teens tend to exhibit this behavior but I'd say that the majority do not rack up DUIs, court appearances and stints at rehab as today's starlets do. Cherish mentioned the degree of partying for young hollywood. It sounds extreme to me but if you have unlimited funds, no boundaries and an inflated sense of self I guess this type of behavior is to be expected. Your average young adult isn't that "fortunate" and their partying behavior reflects that.


    A for rehab being a get out of jail free card -- I completely disagree with that. To me it's a clear admission of guilt as far as the laws of this country go with regards to illegal drug usage so I don't wuite get why admitted addicts so often escape the legal consequences of their addiction by going to a spa...I mean to a rehab facility.

    Actually I said I don't think it's a big deal. I know why it's big news - it's Lindsey Lohan and we're obsessed with celebrities. If the avg 20 year old had the money she had, fame, looks, everything combined..I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be atypical to party the way a lot of the young celebrities do. Why would anyone compared them to us. Money changes everything. C'est la vie. They shouldn't be able to buy their way out of a DUI though. That's endangering other people's lives.


    yeah, I know, I'm agreeing with you that partying teens for the most part aremostly harmless but the difference lies in the results of the behavior between the average teen and the Lohans of the world. Why wouldn't we compare average folk to the gliterrati? the point was to figure out why each group has such different outcomes. Comparing Lindsay to Paris H. wouldn't reveal much.
    [FONT=&quot]Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce & FreeCurls[/FONT]


  • JosephineJosephine Registered Users Posts: 14,408 Curl Connoisseur
    FreeCurls wrote:
    Why wouldn't we compare average folk to the gliterrati? the point was to figure out why each group has such different outcomes. Comparing Lindsay to Paris H. wouldn't reveal much.

    Uh, that was my point. Money/social status changes everything. It's not like we live in a communist society where everyone should lead the same types of lives.
  • CherishCherish Registered Users Posts: 1,847
    I completely agree with Freecurls, and I'm not altogether convinced money is the differentiating factor, unless celeb news is just so much in-your-face these days. In the past, the only people I recall getting DUIs or into fist fights every 5 minutes were the rockers, Russell Crowe and Sean Penn. These days, it's Michelle Rodriguez, Lindsay Lohan (why do I know she and George Best's son had a fist fight in a hotel??), Paris (at least with the DUI) etc. I don't find Lindsay Lohan interesting, and I've only ever seen her in Mean Girls, yet without seeking out news about her, all I hear about is the amount of partying she does. Yes, it could be that we hear more about these people today, but I think we hear more because they are more daring and media hungry that the last generation of young starlets.

    Sure, Drew drank like a fish, but I don't remember her getting arrested and maybe it just wasn't plastered everywhere, and Winona Ryder shoplifted, that was plastered as more of shocker, and not as her regular lifestyle.
  • slinky1slinky1 Banned Banned Users Posts: 1,612
    I think she would have gone down the wrong path if she wasn't a child star. Her parents are stupid, selfish, bad influences who have been out to lunch for quite a while. If she wasn't famous, her decline may not have been so steep (celebs access to more of society's evils), but there would have been a decline.
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Registered Users Posts: 5,136 Curl Connoisseur
    I laughed when I saw the pic too. It was funny.

    I think celebs are able to get away with more than ordinary citizens. Their legal consequences are not as severe (ususally). Most noncelebs caught drinking underage, drunk or possessing illegal substances would be surprised to only be punished with rehab. I think the celeb downside is that you don't have privacy in your personal life. Every mistake that you make is remembed in a photo or a video clip.

    I think the reason that the public knows so much about Lindsey, Paris (job: socialite?!), etc is that there is a certain part of the media that is devoted to them. These people get paid to capture embarrassing footage of celebs. Also, as a society, it seems that most of us don't want to hear about important events. After all, what Lindsey does has no impact on the average American's life, but she is still taking up so much press time.
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
  • zmanzzzzzmanzzzz Banned Banned Users Posts: 3,826
    this one made me chuckle.

    rosie.jpg
  • xcptnlxcptnl Registered Users Posts: 15,678 Curl Connoisseur
    I think the reason that the public knows so much about Lindsey, Paris (job: socialite?!), etc is that there is a certain part of the media that is devoted to them. These people get paid to capture embarrassing footage of celebs. Also, as a society, it seems that most of us don't want to hear about important events. After all, what Lindsey does has no impact on the average American's life, but she is still taking up so much press time.

    Dont you think that the 'press' is after celebs more than in the past? Is this because 'we' are so interested in what celebs are doing? I also get annoyed when a celeb complains about the press becuase I figure you picked the spotlight but I also think there is some stuff I just dont really care about but like a bad car accident I will still check out the headlines for whatever reason.
    Central Massachusetts

    One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

    In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • sarasarasarasara Registered Users Posts: 1,561
    Stupid question. But do they have her front page on a "real" newspaper?

    I mean, we don't have newspapers with a drunk celebrity on the front page here-that would usually make the last page if it happened. The front page is usually much more depressing than a picture of Lindsay Lohan with her mouth hanging open. I think I'd be in a good mood everyday if I saw such pictures in the morning.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file