Clarifying before starting CG

jen37jen37 Registered Users Posts: 13
After 10 years (my hair turned curly when I was 12) I have finally come to terms with my hair. It's curly and it makes me special. :) This CG stuff is kind of overwhelming still, but exciting. And confusing at the same time, but I'm trying. Anyway:

I'm starting CG now and was wondering how to clarify before I start. I've put a whole bunch of bad silicones in my hair. I was wondering if Suave Naturals Refreshing Waterfall Mist shampoo would be good. The ingredients are:

Water, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Ammonium Chloride, Cocamide MEA, Fragrance, PEG-5 Cocamide, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Citric Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate [Vitamin E Acetate], Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Spirulina Maxima Extract, Mentha Aquatica Leaf Extract [Watermint Extract], Nymphaea Alba Flower Extract [Water Lily Extract], Blue 1, Red 33.

(Phew...I typed that out myself!) Seems okay, but I'm not sure and would like a second opinion so I don't mess up too early in the game. What I'm not sure about is it says it was Vitamin E and something called watermint extract.

Also, my hair is more wavy (for now, at least) so I was thinking of maybe shampooing every once in a while. I'm under the assumption that it would be okay as long as there are no sulfates in the shampoo. Hope I'm right.

Sorry if this has been discussed before. I did a search but only found recommendations for Suave Daily Clarifying shampoo, and my family can't stand the smell of that so they don't use it. This is what I have in my shower right now.

Thanks in advance!
CG since 6/11/2007

*1x a week shampoo: Avalon Organics Nourishing
*Co-wash: V05 Kiwi Lime
*Conditioner:: B2B Pomegranate
*Styling: mix together Herbal Essences Body Envy/ Curlfriends Gel

Comments

• prettyhxcprettyhxc Registered Users Posts: 59 Curl Neophyte
    a good way to clarify that is also cheap is to use some baking soda mixed with water and use that to wash your hair. should do the trick.
    6 years natural and loving it
    4B hair

Current Products
    Shampoos: DevaCurl Low Poo, Kinky Curly Clean
    Conditioners: DevaCurl One Condition, Elucense
    Leave ins: Kinky Curly Knot Today, Curl Junkie Smoother Conditioner
    Stylers: Kinky Curly Curling Custard, Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel,
    Oyen Handmade Juice & Berries
  • jen37jen37 Registered Users Posts: 13
    Would that also get rid of all the super harsh silicones? I used to not be able to get enough of those. :oops:

I know the amound I need, just wasn't sure if it would get rid of some of the harder ones to remove.
    CG since 6/11/2007

• wild_sasparillawild_sasparilla Registered Users Posts: 4,306
    jen37 wrote:
    Would that also get rid of all the super harsh silicones? I used to not be able to get enough of those. :oops:

I know the amound I need, just wasn't sure if it would get rid of some of the harder ones to remove.

No, baking soda and water cannot get out those hard-to-remove 'cones, but that shampoo you have will do the trick! :D
    OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie. :shock:
  • stellaBabystellaBaby Registered Users Posts: 237
    And don't forget to do a deep treatment after you shampoo :)
    strickly CG.
    BCed Jan 27,07
    I think my hair type is :pain10: 3c? 3b? eh 4a? hmm idk
    My hair survives on;
    Suave naturals
    Herbal essences set me up gel
    Amla powder
    Other lovies; :laughing8:
    [Vitamins, olive oil, honey, silk peptide powder,vitamin e oil]

event.png
    hairpic.png
    Taken Feb 21,09
    Blogger
    Youtuber
    Got it!

Thanks for all your help. I got a haircut yesterday. I have all my hair stuff ready, except I need to get some conditioner I can use and I'm all set to start.
    CG since 6/11/2007

• Koukla72Koukla72 Registered Users Posts: 1,680
    Edited due to a cyberstalker. Sorry, guys. :(
    Thanks so much for all your help! I'm ready to battle it out.
    For the past year or so all I really used were conditiners with lots of 'cones in them and Sauve shampoo, hardly any styling products, so I figure my hair shouldn't be so bad.
    I'm still on the search for a good conditioner to start with. I'm thinking B2B Pom. I had good luck with B2B in the past... but that was before CG so we'll have to see. (My hair is thick and prone to frizzies)
    CG since 6/11/2007

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file