How do you apply gel?

Libra08Libra08 Posts: 242Registered Users
I really don't believe I have been applying my gel right bescause I always end up with a dry, weird look. But I've only tried about three times. Some parts of my hair end up hard or crunchy, but other parts are soft. How can I create an even coverage? Any tips, or your own routines would be appreciated!

Thanks

Oh and I'm using Fantasia IC with sparklites and HE Set me up and Body Envy
comic-p.jpg

Comments

• JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users
    I smooth it into sections on wet hair
    3b-3c CG
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I rub in my palms/hands and rake my fingers through my hair upside down for the most part, but only over a leave-in. A leave in helps distribute gel more evenly and helps avoid the crunch. IC Fantasia is a pretty heave gel too, a little goes a long way.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • Libra08Libra08 Posts: 242Registered Users
    Okay thanks. I've been scrunching it in and that hasn't been working out too well.
    comic-p.jpg
  • holly8holly8 Posts: 632Registered Users
    what suburban-said worked better for me,but i shook my head after to make the curls appear because the gel made my hair look straight and i didn`t put in a leave in.Today i just scrunch it in because i didn`t want to use alot of gel like before,i use only 2 spoons of ic gel and some parts of my hair didn`t have any curls and it was a little frizzy,next time when i wash my hair i`ll distribute the gel evenly(with my fingers,i won`t shake my head),i won`t use too much gel like the first time i use the gel.
    Natural since Jan 2,07
    I did a BC
    Hair type:3C\3B
    Multi-racial hair
    Hair length:Started at neck and ears(in its curly state).In Dec 08 (2 years natural) My hair was somewhere near armpit length with bentonite clay in my hair.

Mission: to obtain healthy hair every day!!

Hair products:homemade products.....

:angel1::love5:
  • Libra08Libra08 Posts: 242Registered Users
    Thanks for your review! I really appreciate these comments. I've been having a hard time with gel.
    comic-p.jpg
    your welcome :)
    Natural since Jan 2,07
    I did a BC
    Multi-racial hair
    Hair length:Started at neck and ears(in its curly state).In Dec 08 (2 years natural) My hair was somewhere near armpit length with bentonite clay in my hair.

• KellKell Posts: 201Registered Users
    I worry that a leave-in + gel would be too much product, but Ive never tried it. Im gonna try SB's method. :D

But for now, I use the scrunching method from the CG book. And it works well, esp. when I plop. After I rinse/comb my conditioner out....I scrunch in generous amounts of gel, starting at the ends and continuing up. I dont rake.

Note: I DO NOT EMPLOY TOWELS, except on my shoulders to prevent water from dripping down my back. After I rinse, I goto the mirror with untouched, soaking wet hair. Then I apply the gel, and plop my hair loosely with a gigantic scarf.
    J&J Baby Shampoo fugged up my hair! :thumbdown:
    Kell-i put a leave in and gel on a small section of my hair and it came out white your right its not the best thing to do.
    Natural since Jan 2,07
    I did a BC
    Multi-racial hair

Kell wrote:
    I worry that a leave-in + gel would be too much product, but Ive never tried it. Im gonna try SB's method. :D

But for now, I use the scrunching method from the CG book. And it works well, esp. when I plop. After I rinse/comb my conditioner out....I scrunch in generous amounts of gel, starting at the ends and continuing up. I dont rake.

Note: I DO NOT EMPLOY TOWELS, except on my shoulders to prevent water from dripping down my back. After I rinse, I goto the mirror with untouched, soaking wet hair. Then I apply the gel, and plop my hair loosely with a gigantic scarf.

after scrunching it in do you comp it in with your fingers? when i scrunch in the gel before it didn`t work to well,today i just wet my hair and apply watery conditioner to my hair not my roots and rinse it out ,then i apply gel to 3 sections of my hair right away after i just comp hair with my fingers and the curls appear(my hair looks very good today,curl definition),i have some white stuff in my hair i don`t know why.
    Natural since Jan 2,07
    I did a BC
    Multi-racial hair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file