Flat Irons Recs

cjccjc Posts: 636Registered Users
I'm thinking of straightening my hair for a change. I have very thick 3b curly hair on the longer side. Can anyone rec. a flat iron to do the job? Is it better to get larger plates or the slimmer plates? TIA
cjc
3B very thick, curly hair and on the longer side
Palm Beach County, Fl

Comments

• Libra08Libra08 Posts: 242Registered Users
    A lot of people like the Sedu which is $125. I've just ordered a Solia which is rated second to the Sedu and was $88. You can go on www.folica.com and read THOUSANDS of the reviews on these two flat irons and reviews on other flat irons too. I have 3b/3c hair and if you still haven't gotten a flat iron by the time I get mine I'll give you a review if you'd like.
    Hope that Helps!
    comic-p.jpg
  • cjccjc Posts: 636Registered Users
    Libra08 wrote:
    A lot of people like the Sedu which is $125. I've just ordered a Solia which is rated second to the Sedu and was $88. You can go on www.folica.com and read THOUSANDS of the reviews on these two flat irons and reviews on other flat irons too. I have 3b/3c hair and if you still haven't gotten a flat iron by the time I get mine I'll give you a review if you'd like.
    Hope that Helps!

Thanks...I'll wait to hear your review before I get one.
    cjc
    3B very thick, curly hair and on the longer side
    Palm Beach County, Fl
  • Libra08Libra08 Posts: 242Registered Users
    Oh and a lot of people like the Chis. You can buy the Sally knockoff for around 60 or 70 dollars. I can't remember. There are some that use them on here too. Just do a search on flat irons on this site and there are plenty of reviews.
    comic-p.jpg
  • Dancebabe885Dancebabe885 Posts: 38Registered Users
    SEDU! I swear by it! A bit pricey, but I got it as a birthday gift. Another great one is the FHI, less damaging than the CHI.
    3a
  • witchcurlgirlwitchcurlgirl Posts: 55Registered Users
    I have an FHI and I love it........good iron
    Bra strap length 3b coppery w/gold highlights.
  • onefortheroadonefortheroad Posts: 1Registered Users
    I use the HAI straightener. I love it! I got it off ebay and it's great!
  • ivywireivywire Posts: 12Registered Users
    I had used a HAI for several years but it seemed as though it wasn't working that well anymore. I purchased a SEDU last week and it is awesome. My hair is SO straight and silky. Works way better than my HAI ever did.
  • missmoniemissmonie Posts: 920Registered Users
    I used to have the Chi and loved it. Made my hair silky and straight. that's until it stopped working! The cord shorted out....which I hear is common with the Chi's. Now I'm on the hunt for a new flat iron.
    4a: Combo of tight coils and waves; Last relaxer - 11/05 (LC - 4/07) - http://public.fotki.com/missmonie/ - updates as of Mar '09

Products: Trader Joe's condish * Giovanni Direct Leave in * Fantasia Gel or KCCC for curl definition * Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Cream as moisturizer

comic-p.jpg
  • ttripleblondettripleblonde Posts: 300Registered Users
    I use a T3 Tourmaline 1".

I got it as a gift.... I wish I had just gotten something with thicker plates as I feel it would work better on my hair. But I'm not sure, I haven't tried anything. It does take the frizz away. I purchased this from Beauty Works for $200.
    3a/3b Mod CG
    CURRENTLY EXPERIMENTING!

excited2buy:Hello Hydration CO & LOOB

Owner Of CG Recipe Website: www.freewebs.com/triplecurl
  • PrettyPorcupinePrettyPorcupine Posts: 258Registered Users
    I bought a Herstyler off of ebay -- it's FANTASTIC -- this is the one they often have demonstrations of at kiosks in malls, but do not buy them at the mall, they are twice the price!

Now, for me most hair irons are useless. My hair is almost ridiculously coarse and thick, and I had happily shelled out almost $300 for a GHD flat iron that I bought directly from England a few years ago, as it was the only thing that worked. Sadly, my GHD died and I went through several utterly useless replacements (the WORST are those dry-and-straighten disasters) before taking a chance on the Herstyler...which I just love. I bought it from an ebay seller named melloca (is it OK to say that?) for a low price and I could not be happier. It works like a charm.
    :D
    Modified CG. You'll pry my 'cones from my cold dead fingers! Mixed waves, coarse, below shoulder length, dark brown. I hate my hair :evil: but I'm trying to learn to accept it.

Gels: LA Looks Wet Look Styling Gel, Garnier Fructis Wet Shine Gel. Condish: Alberto V05 Free Me Fresia, Tresemme' Flawless Curls, LVPNG, Neutrogena Triple Moisture. Shampoo: Tresemme' Flawless Curls. Silicone Serum: Whatever is on sale, but I don't leave home without it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file