conditioner/silicone question: CG friendly or not?

AnnikaAnnika Registered Users Posts: 123
I really want to try the CG routine, but I'm running out of conditioner. I checked at the salon today and pretty much every single conditioner/treatment/styling cream had one or more silicones in it... scary! :shock:

Anyway. I know that all cones aren't equally bad, there are some that are water soluble etc.

Does anyone know about something called polysilicone-9? It was in a spray gel that I was thinking about trying, but I won't if that's a bad cone.

Also, we got a new range of products today, and I am curious about the disp core moisturizing conditioner "for dry and frizzy hair"
The ingredients are:

Aqua (water), Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Quaternium -91, Cetrimonium Methosulfate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 stearate, Behemtrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Allantoin, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Silicone Quaternium -16, Tocopheryl Acetate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Butyloctanol, Undeceth -11, Undeceth -5, Parfum (fragrance), Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben.

What do you know about that silicone?

It's a bit scary when you start reading the ingredients list... all those chemicals! There must be a better way... I'm awaiting a sample box from Anita Grant, hoping to find a natural alternative. Has anyone here tried her products?
2c-3a/m/ii (FIA), CG since June 1st, 2007!
Love Jessicurl and KCCC might be my HG.

Comments

• sylviasylvia Registered Users Posts: 41
    Wow, I never heard of Anita Grant products, but they sure look good.
    Sorry I can't help with the conditioner, because I try to stay away from all silicones in conditioners. I use salon Care Honey and Almond Conditioner. You can buy it at Sally's and it costs 9 $ for a Gallon. It last for a long time and mixes good with additional honey and oils.
    "blessed" with all kinds of curls,2b in the front, mostly 3a and 3b , 3c in the nape of the neck
    :) ( A mutt?)
    currently using natures gate conditioner and herbal essences mousse and gel.
    On the CG regime since Jan 2004

password: konstanze

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file