Ruined my Hair...

tara_motara_mo Posts: 4Registered Users
Hi, I'm Tara...

I got the Opti Smooth hot chemical straightener done on my hair a little over a year ago, as well as dyeing it a few times in the past year as well. My hair is fried...Some of it is straight, some of it is curly, it's just not the same. I'm contemplating getting it cut, to get all the crap off and let the natural stuff grow in, but I'm thinking it might look funny. I'm going to attach a picture and you can see for yourself. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks!

Picture066.jpg

Comments

• mariag002mariag002 Posts: 3,557Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I can't tell by the picture, your hair looks pretty. Before cutting it all off try using some deep conditioners, don't use hair dye for a few months, and if you know how to do it maybe use rollers. Trimming the ends might make it look healthier. Again its all hard to say because your hair looks nice in the picture.

And don't be too hard on yourself. I would need 3 hands to count how many times I've messed up my hair... bad relaxer jobs, black hair dyes, putting in a weave, accidentally cutting too much on one side than another.... you name it I did it! LOL
    - Maria

Big Chop: 9/23/07
    Relaxer free for almost 5 years!

• tara_motara_mo Posts: 4Registered Users
    Too late now....

Picture109.jpg
  • Libra08Libra08 Posts: 242Registered Users
    it looks wayyy healthier cut!
    comic-p.jpg
  • JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users
    It looks curlier =] Have you read the book Curly Girl?
    3b-3c CG
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Posts: 5,136Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I agreed with Mariag ... it's hard to tell that your hair was fried. But I do like your hair in the second pic. Your hair is shiny and the curl is more uniform. It looks like it will grow out nicely, although you do look good with it at that length.
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file