curly hair and earrings

KellKell Posts: 201Registered Users
Chandelier + curly hair = bad mix! Now that Im getting used to my new doo, all of my favorite earrings almost immediately get tangled up in my hair. Except for the giant hoops. I looooove big earrings. :cry: :cry:
J&J Baby Shampoo fugged up my hair! :thumbdown:

Comments

• midgimidgi Posts: 2,409Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yeaaa... when my hair was longer (BSL= before 6 relaxers and damage and pain :D ) earrings used to get stuck in my hair ALL THE TIME. It's especially not fun when they're extra intricate and somehow the curl manages to wind itself through the design about 5 times.

But now that I've got shorter hair it's ok!

If it becomes a real problem (as in possible damage to your earlobes) though, I'd just get a few coils trimmed on the sides so that there wasn't so much hair for them to get caught on.
    I just want to do what I want to do when I want to do it.
  • Phenom_QTPhenom_QT Posts: 23Registered Users
    I reserve all chandeliers and earrings with beading for when I wear my hair pulled back. And really if you think about it, it makes more sense, you can show off the earrings better that way.
  • curlynikkicurlynikki Posts: 2,420Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I loooove big, dangly earrings as well...its always been apart of my style.

It was really a sad day when I came to the realization that I couldn't wear them unless my hair was pulled up :( But that gave me a good reason to ask my SO for a lovely pair of diamond studs :wink:
  • KellKell Posts: 201Registered Users
    midgi wrote:
    It's especially not fun when they're extra intricate and somehow the curl manages to wind itself through the design about 5 times.

Exactly :shock: what is that about. :cry:

curlynikki wrote:
    I loooove big, dangly earrings as well...its always been apart of my style.
    It was really a sad day when I came to the realization that I couldn't wear them unless my hair was pulled up :(

Thats exactly how I felt when I realized 'this isnt gonna work'. Now I know why so many cg's always wore large hoops. If you think about it--curly hair + large hoops have always been an everpresent look all the way back to jody watley. hehe

curlynikki wrote:
    But that gave me a good reason to ask my SO for a lovely pair of diamond studs :wink:

I know thats right. hehehe
  • missmarchemissmarche Posts: 41Registered Users
    If you love big earrings, just I do, I suggest buying big earrings that come in shapes but that don't have a lot of beading or extra adornment. I have a whole collection of big, colorful coin earrings (one of my coworkers calls them coasters), as well as some that have teardrop and triangle shapes. I just can't fathom little earrings anymore because the hair hides 'em! Anywhoo, give the big ones a try and see how you like them.
    Visit my blog, Blessed and Highly Textured:
    http://highlytextured.blogspot.com

"I'm a rock hip-hop pop star." -- Kelis
  • KellKell Posts: 201Registered Users
    Omg, you are in my head! I just bought some humongous teardrop earrings from charlotte russe, btw they have a good selection of the "coaster" earrings. lmao @ coaster.

I LOVE your sig! :P
  • nisey121nisey121 Posts: 58Registered Users
    Ladies:

I wish my hair was long enough enough to have this problem.

Nisey
    Hair Type 3C-4A

What you see is what you get because I'm not pressed to lye.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file