CurlTalk

sound off--what's your shampoo

laurabeth33laurabeth33 Posts: 1,443Registered Users
Good shampoos are tough to find! What's everyone using?

Me: [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Hair-Cleansing-Cream-p-103.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-hair-cleansing-cream]Jessicurl HCC[/buylink] in summer, Jessicurl Gentle Lather in spring, HE Totally Twisted poo or Aussie Moist poo in fall/winter
2b w/ some 3a
product tester geek

Comments

• DoodlesDoodles Posts: 1,984Registered Users
    Elucence MBS for me. Occasionally, I like to use something a little stronger. Right now, I'm trying to use up my bottle of Regis Olive Oil shampoo(used that today actually!). Once I'm done with that I'd like to switch over to Elucence's Clarifying shampoo.
    2A/2B, fine, normal porosity

Growing out a pixie as of November 2013 :elephant:

Shampoo: Elucence MBS & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
    Conditioner: Elucence MBC & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
    Leave-in: CJ BeautiCurls
    Stylers: BA gel & AG Re:coil

Product Junkie that keeps falling off the wagon!:tongue3:
  • meriellynmeriellyn Posts: 1,135Registered Users
    Giovanni 50/50, Activate, Neutrogena T-Sal...
    Just tried Jessicurl GLS and I think I really like it.
    2/f/i, waist length w/ long layers

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fthekittenavenger" class="Popup
    pwd: hair

~a wave in a sea of curls ;)
  • echokittenechokitten Posts: 1,751Registered Users
    I am working my way through a bottle each of Jessicurl GLS and HCC. 'Bout half left of the GLS and a third left of HCC. When I am done with that I, which now that it's summer not too long, I want to try the Burt's Baby Bees Poo/Wash that I have found at a great price at Target. I like the price per ounce and scent better than the California Baby. My hubby wants to try a non sulphate poo too because he has very fine baby hair.
    Cincinnati Ohio>>>Coarse protein sensitive 3a, Jessicurl WDT as a leave in, Biotera gel, White Boots, PW= coffeecurls

"Man tries to exaggerate what nature has given him," Charles Darwin (1809-1882).

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -Sophia Loren
  • TasharellaTasharella Posts: 88Registered Users
    I'm less broke, but still thrifty. Show me the budget-friendly, quality products.
  • newcurlygrlnewcurlygrl Posts: 129Registered Users
    I was using California Baby but it's too gentle. So I'm saving it for my baby's arrival. ;)

Then I got DevaCare's low-poo but I found that it really overconditioned my hair. :?: Seriously, when I use that I don't need to bother with condish. I do like how that doesn't strip my haircolor, though.

My most recent purchase was Elucence MBS and so far I like it! Not as conditioning as the deva and it's safe for my color (which is key for me).
    ~Melanie~ 2B/C depending on my hair's mood
    Trying to find a routine my hair likes!
    bg433020.jpg[
  • JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users
    Blended Beauty is the best I've tried. It even helps detangle!
    3b-3c CG
  • linda_mlinda_m Posts: 211Registered Users
    Usually [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Hair-Cleansing-Cream-p-103.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-hair-cleansing-cream]Jessicurl HCC[/buylink], occasionally Jessicurl GLS or J&J baby shampoo, if I feel the need for a bit more cleansing. When I use the HCC I don't use a rinse out conditioner because for me it's enough on its own. I do always use a GF leave-in - sleek 'n shine in the summer and curl 'n shine when the humidity goes down.
    Couple of inches past shoulder length 3A. Shampoo every 3rd or 4th day w/ baby shampoo; Tigi Fashionista conditioner; back to Condition 3-in-1 mousse . Alternate days water rinse, conditioner and mousse.
  • Aries_jbAries_jb Posts: 1,556Registered Users
    Chagrin Valley Soap and Craft Shampoo bars. Natural and sulfate free.
    www.myspace.com/littlemonkey0403
    3B that is no longer CG, but still endeavors to have healthy hair by not using sulfates.
  • JaxieJaxie Posts: 1,282Registered Users
    I've been using Low Poo for about a month now, once a week. So far I like it. ~~jax
    2c or 3a Cut most of my hair off in July '12 and am working on regrowing it.
  • curlymelcurlymel Posts: 359Registered Users
    Elucence MBS once a week. Other times condition wash.
    Type 3a/3b, fine/medium hair, modified CG since 12/2003, Using CHS Curl Keeper, Bioterra gel, Ojon, Elucence
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fcurlymel%2F" class="Popup Password: curls
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    Well, since I'm back on poo....

EMBS followed by EMBC. With a poo, I have more options - as in - I can use a protein now. This is mainly why I am going for more frequent second and third day hair now. If I'm going to poo, I may as well at least not have to do it daily.

Protein free stuff wasn't moisturizing enough unless dew points are consistently around 70 degrees. The stuff that was moisturizing enough has at least some protein or has glycerin which ruins my color. So, hence the poo. It takes care of it for me.

I chose the combo because the poo is gentle, and the condtioner detangles like a dream while giving me nice clumps.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users
    Mastey Traite - gentle but thorough and it's a cream
    Lamas Soy Proteing
    I just got the Devacurl travel pak so I'll be trying the Nopoo
    My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • WiggilyhairWiggilyhair Posts: 779Registered Users
    Elucence MBS.
  • tycho19tycho19 Posts: 805Registered Users
    Elucence MBS. I bought a liter a while back, and haven't switched since. I just love this stuff!
    2B/2C wavy
    Don't Breed and Buy While Shelter Dogs Die - Adopt your next best friend!
  • DoodlesDoodles Posts: 1,984Registered Users
    I'm glad to see so many other MBS fans!! :D
    2A/2B, fine, normal porosity

Growing out a pixie as of November 2013 :elephant:

Shampoo: Elucence MBS & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
    Conditioner: Elucence MBC & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
    Leave-in: CJ BeautiCurls
    Stylers: BA gel & AG Re:coil

Product Junkie that keeps falling off the wagon!:tongue3:
  • memesmemes Posts: 785Registered Users
    I'm back to shampooing once a week or so now and I'm liking the Mop Top Daily Shampoo but I've been happy with Elucence MBS and Activate ijn the past.

Michelle
    3A, fine but thick, low porosity, low to medium resilience, protein sensitive but not to silk

Favorites: Anything from Curly Kinks...their system is my new holy grail. Still liking Juice Organics Orange and TJ Refresh Conditioners as all purpose co-wash and rinse outs.
  • lazy loopslazy loops Posts: 8,792Registered Users
    I have yet to try EMBS. I guess I will someday since it has quite the following.

ETA: Then again, maybe not since it doesn't have sulfates & I need such per below.

I love Victoria's Secret Garden Amber Romance Sensuous Shine for Dry/Damaged Hair. It's gentle & I love the scent. I have a new tube of it in storage, so someday I'll get back to it.

I gave up my Activate since I use silicones & figured I need something with sulfates to remove them, but it was gentle.

I'm trying to use up some type of B&B Curl Conscious, & though I can't stand the scent it's not harsh.
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users
    EMBS every other day or so.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users
    Aussie Mega Shampoo.
    Nizoral shampoo once a week.
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • laurabeth33laurabeth33 Posts: 1,443Registered Users
    Wow! A lot of wavies and curlies use EMB! I was expecting more drugstore poos.
    2b w/ some 3a
    product tester geek
  • MintMint Posts: 1,143Registered Users
    I liked Suave Coconut Shampoo for cleaning out all the 'cone-infused hair goo I used before I went CG. I still have in just in case.

Catwalk Oatmeal and Honey Shampoo smells heavenly, cleans well, leaves a nice shine, and doesn't seem to dry out hair as much as other shampoos. I'm out of it though...

I'm using Burt's Bee's Very Volumizing Pomegranate and Soy Shampoo now and it's great! It has a really odd consistency (thick yet liquidy, feels drying on skin when it's not, etc.) but works well on my hair. It has proteins that I haven't had any problems with so far (I guess I'm not protein-sensitive?) but they might not work for everyone. The only problem with it is that it feels a little heavy on the hair, but it lathers and cleans well.

My favorite inexpensive 'cone shampoo was Aussie Moist because it left my hair smoother and shinier than other shampoos I used. I don't use it anymore because of the sufates, silicones and isothiazolinones (potentially harmful preservatives).
    2a/M-C/ii hair. Super long.
  • botticellicurlygirlbotticellicurlygirl Posts: 168Registered Users
    I use Framesi Options Indulge shampoo. It's sulfate free but it lathers like a shampoo. It's gentle and moisturizing. Since I've been using Framesi color, I have been using their own shampoo to make sure I don't use something too harsh or will make my color fade too fast. I finally finished a bottle after about 5 months. Great stuff and a little goes a long way.
    Fine, blonde 3a botticelli curls
  • VanedaVaneda Posts: 402Registered Users
    I shampoo every day :)

My favs are:
    Elucence
    Pureology (both hydrating and nanoworks)
    [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Hair-Cleansing-Cream-p-103.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-hair-cleansing-cream]Jessicurl HCC[/buylink]

I rotate between these three. Love them all, although nanoworks is a little TOO conditioning for summertime use.
    2/b-2/c - I shampoo daily with non-sulfate shampoos - right now am *loving* L'Oreal Everpure shampoo and conditioner
    For styling: homemade flax seed gel, Curl Keeper, and/or KCCC
    Current favorite product: *KCCC*!!

• 2happy2happy Posts: 5,138Registered Users
    Did Creme of Nature do something naughty?? There use to be a lot of people using that......cheap and easy to get, did a good job..........I wonder what happened?

(Just bought my first bottle of Low Poo - too soon to have an opinion).
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or hump it.....Piss on it and walk away.
    Location - WI
  • solangesolange Posts: 2,539Registered Users
    2happy wrote:
    Did Creme of Nature do something naughty?? There use to be a lot of people using that......cheap and easy to get, did a good job..........I wonder what happened?

(Just bought my first bottle of Low Poo - too soon to have an opinion).

I still use CON. I works great and I save my $$ to spend on my conditioners. I too am surprised that no one else seems to be using it.
    3C, BSL Unstretched -
  • DelmaDelma Posts: 1,121Registered Users
    EMBS or a clarifying poo bar that a fotki friend makes and sells.
  • RedheadedcurlsRedheadedcurls Posts: 210Registered Users
    3a/3b~Currently: V05 Kiwi Lime/Tea Therapy Vanilla Mint for co wash, Suave Aloe or V05 Strawberries and Cream for co and leave-in, Burts Bees Super Shiny poo, EMBS, CK, re:coil, B&A/LA Looks Sport

PW: curls
  • msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fmsgiblet%2F" class="Popup - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • medusahairmedusahair Posts: 3,515Registered Users
    Low poo now, No poo in the winter
    2c/3a?
    Low porosity, medium texture.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FMedusahair%2F" class="Popup

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!