CurlTalk

time for a new gel...again

OK, summer is coming - heat, humidity etc. I need a new gel. I have been using BRHG and HE Set Me Up, but not sure I'm thrilled with them. Any suggestions? I was thinking of trying LA Looks Mega Mega Hold, but can't find many reviews on it. My concern with that is flaking - I can use a conditioner to manage crunch. Also, I was thinking of Ouidad Climate Control.

Any suggestions? I have lots of 3B hair and need hold, but would prefer less crunch if possible.

Thanks!!

Comments

• kcckcc Posts: 681Registered Users
    Another gel you could try if you haven't already is Graham Webb Making Waves Curl Defining Gel. I just started using this again, and I remember why I liked it so much. Great hold, no crunch. I like BRHG but the stiffness is a little annoying some days. I can never get the HE gels to work the way others seem to.
    And you know, I'm really not totally sold on the sandwich idea. They're kind of traditional, I know I said that, don't question me about that, but they aren't really all that chic, you know? --fig jam
  • curlsofnycurlsofny Posts: 478Registered Users
    Another gel you could try if you haven't already is Graham Webb Making Waves Curl Defining Gel. I just started using this again, and I remember why I liked it so much. Great hold, no crunch. I like BRHG but the stiffness is a little annoying some days. I can never get the HE gels to work the way others seem to.

Thanks - is this an online only gel?
  • kcckcc Posts: 681Registered Users
    I buy it at Trade Secret/Beauty Express. I think it's at Ulta too.
    And you know, I'm really not totally sold on the sandwich idea. They're kind of traditional, I know I said that, don't question me about that, but they aren't really all that chic, you know? --fig jam
    I buy it at Trade Secret/Beauty Express. I think it's at Ulta too.

oh, excellent, thanks.
  • Ab-starAb-star Posts: 1,128Registered Users
    curlsofny wrote:
    Also, I was thinking of Ouidad Climate Control.

Try it. You will LOVE it! It has great hold, boosts the curl and the crunch factor is pretty low. Beware of the price...but a bottle does go a long way. Oh and the smell is delicious!

:D
    MY HAIR ALBUM
    pw - jack

Going natural for the summer...just a dab of ArcAngell!
    Ab-star wrote:
    curlsofny wrote:
    Also, I was thinking of Ouidad Climate Control.

Try it. You will LOVE it! It has great hold, boosts the curl and the crunch factor is pretty low. Beware of the price...but a bottle does go a long way. Oh and the smell is delicious!

:D

OK, you convinced me, I'll try it. I guess online only though, right?
  • JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users
    ISO daily styling gel is a good one, somewhat similar to SMU
    3b-3c CG
  • Ab-starAb-star Posts: 1,128Registered Users
    curlsofny wrote:
    OK, you convinced me, I'll try it. I guess online only though, right?

Well you can see if there is Ouidad salon near you, otherwise yes you will have to order it online.
    MY HAIR ALBUM
    pw - jack

Going natural for the summer...just a dab of ArcAngell!