So what went wrong!?

GrecianCurlsGrecianCurls Posts: 256Registered Users
ok... its not that major but i'd like your opinion on the following series of events!

It must have been about a year ago and i henna'd my hair with body shop henna (so not body art quality), i don't know if this would impact anything but thought i better methion it anyway!

A couple of weeks back i went to the hairdresser for some subtle coppery highlights. I have naturally dark brown hair with quite a bit of natural red in (even before the henna).

My coppery highlights turned out red!! It doesn't look too bad but i'm just not crazy about the red at all. In a few months i'd like to go back and have caramel highlights but i'm just scared that everything i try and get done now with my hair will go red and i'll never get a caramel colour (it'll be red, red or red)!

I thought it might be the henna but that was ages ago and the redness of the highlights goes right up to my roots (where the henna wouldn't have been).

I know brown hair has to go through red when its lightened so i'm wondering if the dye wasn't given enough time to take?

What do you think?
fine 3b curls and spirals - first goal BSL!!

HG's - Body Shop Honey shampoo & conditioner and Shea Moisture leave-in condish which gives me lovely frizz-free bouncy curls. My PJ is calling me to experiment with gels again... argh!

Comments

• KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    If it goes all the way to your roots, I don't think the henna has anything to do with it. I'm thinking the stylist is not very good/experienced with highlights.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • sandyvsandyv Posts: 4Registered Users
    Hi, I too have dark brown hair with natural red highlights. BUT, I like to experiment with color and highlights....haven't done any dramatic yet though! Seems like shades of brown and such :) I have had caramel hightlights though, and they did not turn out red. Maybe the person who did your hair did not process it enough, or used the wrong combination of color/developer. That's happened to me when I've tried to color myself.
    Take care,
    SandyV
    sandyv in MO
  • GrecianCurlsGrecianCurls Posts: 256Registered Users
    ooh... caramel... thats what i want next! I like Halle Berry colour in this photo. I thought maybe it was something she'd done wrong rather than me having weird hair that will only ever lighten to red!

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2006/specials/beauties06/mstbeautwomen/halle_berry.jpg
    fine 3b curls and spirals - first goal BSL!!

HG's - Body Shop Honey shampoo & conditioner and Shea Moisture leave-in condish which gives me lovely frizz-free bouncy curls. My PJ is calling me to experiment with gels again... argh!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file