Makeup and Humidity/Heat

SpinCycleSpinCycle Registered Users Posts: 724
During the summer, I keep my makeup to a minimum, but there are times when I need to look nicer. How do I keep my makeup (foundation and eyemakup, namely) from melting off?
A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government. ~Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• SweetPicklesSweetPickles Registered Users Posts: 850
    Have you tried/considered trying one of the mineral makeup lines? I use Bare Escentuals, and because it's a powder, not a liquid, foundation, there's no way it can melt off in the heat. I love it!
    Hair type: Completely confused: mostly 3a, some 3b parts, and even 2 in places; very fine and thin.
    Products: Elucence clarifying & MBC; CK, F/X Curl Booster Fixative Gel (when I can find it)
  • HairproductjunkieHairproductjunkie Registered Users Posts: 363
    Plus, check out Rouquinne's article on this subject!

http://naturallycurly2.com/curlscene/entry.php?id=321&entrytype=rmm
    GuardianB wrote:
    Southern gals rock :!:
  • AmbrosiaAmbrosia Registered Users Posts: 60
    my makeup stays ridiculously well with a mattifying moisturizer (DDF has one) or a gel based, oil-free moisturizer (Peter Thomas Ross has one).....im sure lots of brands have those things, but those seem to work great when the atlanta heat kicks in and my foundation is a must. i dont know too much about it, but i recently saw a mattifying compact powder at the Prescriptives counter...i think its a new thing. i would look into those things....the mattifying products were once described to me as soaking up the oils and sweat created.
  • SpinCycleSpinCycle Registered Users Posts: 724
    Poopsie wrote:
    Plus, check out Rouquinne's article on this subject!

http://naturallycurly2.com/curlscene/entry.php?id=321&entrytype=rmm

Oh, silly me, I forgot about that. LoL Does anyone know if the tinted sunscreen provides any blemish coverage?
    A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government. ~Thomas Jefferson
  • SpinCycleSpinCycle Registered Users Posts: 724
    Ambrosia wrote:
    my makeup stays ridiculously well with a mattifying moisturizer (DDF has one) or a gel based, oil-free moisturizer (Peter Thomas Ross has one).....im sure lots of brands have those things, but those seem to work great when the atlanta heat kicks in and my foundation is a must. i dont know too much about it, but i recently saw a mattifying compact powder at the Prescriptives counter...i think its a new thing. i would look into those things....the mattifying products were once described to me as soaking up the oils and sweat created.

That's a good idea, Ambrosia. I'm gonna look into that. :)
  • rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    SpinCycle wrote:
    Oh, silly me, I forgot about that. LoL

*sniff*

:(
    Does anyone know if the tinted sunscreen provides any blemish coverage?

it doesn't much. i find i have to put concealer over blemishes. use a brush and only dab it where needed.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file