protein build-up or over-conditioning — how do you know?

buffiebuffie Registered Users Posts: 184
Hey ladies,
I've been doing cg for a while and am very happy with it. Of course here comes the big HOWEVER...

...my curls, as of the last 2 weeks are lifeless and in some areas stick straight. I generally have 2c/3a curls.

I've been using Mane N Tail conditioner and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-No-Poo-p-53.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacurl-nopoo]DevaCurl No-Poo[/buylink] (once a week). I shampoo with a sulfate free shampoo only when I color and I've only been doing my roots so I don't really shampoo my entire head. I only have to color my roots because it does't fade thanks to not shampooing :)

So how do I know if my lifeless curls are from over conditioning or protein buildup?

Any words of advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
"How can I control my life when I can't control my hair?" - from a t-shirt my brother gave me years ago. I loved it!

Have discovered I cannot live without KCCC and plopping. Always knew that I was dependant on my diffuser.

Comments

• echokittenechokitten Registered Users Posts: 1,751
    I don't think that the proteins are your problem. This conditioner has 2 cones in it and the No Poo is not removing them IMO. Here are the ingred as listed by Amazon.com. Unless you have a different version of condish, the ingred for the Original are :

Ingredients
    Water , Stearyl Alcohol , Cetyl Alcohol , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine Lactate , Behentrimonium Methosulfate , Glycerine , Isostearamidopropylmorpholine Lactate , Vegetable Oil , Dimethicone , Cyclopentasiloxane , Fragrance , Coconut Oil , Wheat Protein

The second one is the hardest to remove and you might have to use a sulphte poo to do it. Sorry... :cry:
    Cincinnati Ohio>>>Coarse protein sensitive 3a, Jessicurl WDT as a leave in, Biotera gel, White Boots, PW= coffeecurls

"Man tries to exaggerate what nature has given him," Charles Darwin (1809-1882).

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -Sophia Loren

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file