Those lines you get on your neck

meowmixmeowmix Registered Users Posts: 48
You know those lines some people have on their necks? Kind of like wrinkles or indents, don't know how to describe them.
Do they have a name? And what causes them?
Is there anything that can be done to reduce their appearance?

Comments

• NetGNetG Registered Users Posts: 8,116
    Glamour (August issue) calls them neck folds, and says they're genetic. But that eating well and using sunscreen can help.

I think it was Glamour....it was either that or the Marie Clair August issue.
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • RainRain Registered Users Posts: 217 Curl Neophyte
    How could eating well and using sunscreen help? I don't get it. I've had those stupid lines since I was born. I never sunbathe and I eat a pretty good diet. The only way good health improves them is that being grossly overweight amplifies the appearance of them.
    3a/b, fine, lots of it
  • NetGNetG Registered Users Posts: 8,116
    bluecelt wrote:
    How could eating well and using sunscreen help? I don't get it. I've had those stupid lines since I was born. I never sunbathe and I eat a pretty good diet. The only way good health improves them is that being grossly overweight amplifies the appearance of them.

Because your skin is more elastic and resilient if not burned or unhealthy. Quite a simple concept, actually.

Just think how bad it would be if you *did* sunbathe and ate garbage.

I wish sunscreen and diet helped prevent all physical flaws, of course, but it does help keep them from getting worse than they would otherwise be.
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • RainRain Registered Users Posts: 217 Curl Neophyte
    I do grasp the concept of sun making your skin more damaged. :-D I think it's a little misleading to say avoiding the sun makes genetic indentations any better. They aren't there because my skin isn't elastic enough. They're just...there.

I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing. I looked for a picture that shows them and I found one that was taken to kind of to illustrate that I was having a bad hair day. It shows the neck, which looks like it's surrounded by horrible rings of fat. It's just these awful indentations. I know it's not because my skin has aged rapidly because it hasn't. I'm almost 30.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/bluecelt/cgday16green2.jpg
    3a/b, fine, lots of it

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file