CurlTalk

Interesting find at Big Lots (Suave)

I wonder how long it takes for a discontinued product to finally be kaput? Last week at Big Lots they still have the Suave Professional Firm Hold Gel (like Biolage Gelee) that was so popular a year or two ago. I don't mean a tube or three .. but 15 tubes :shock:! I was tempted to grab them up and offer them on the Swap Board, but I know once a product is discontinued, it's better to try to find a replacement than have to deal with it once it's gone for good. But boy I was tempted :lol: !
CG-modified since 4/05
2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets. :roll:
Best definition winner: KCCC
Best volume winner: LOOB

Comments

• kjwavykjwavy Posts: 362Registered Users
    Hi Lisa :D

I found about 5 or 6 tubes of this a few months ago & I DID grab them all :shock:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Discovered nc.com in 09/2003

2b~~fine texture~~normal porosity (except for highlights, which are high)~~normal elasticity~~medium density

Shampoo: Still use sulfates, but only on roots
    Rinse out: Deva One C, JC Too Shea, Original Sprouts Deep Conditioner
    Curl Enhancers: KCCC; JC Rocking Ringlets, JC Spiralicious, & Confident Coils
    Styler: BRHG (over any and all curl enhancers) - this is the one product that I never change - absolute HG!!

I

• LavenderCurlsLavenderCurls Posts: 1,477Registered Users
    Hey Kathy! Wow, you did! You know what's funny? I was thinking of YOU when I saw them :lol: !
    CG-modified since 4/05
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,572Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    I found a bunch a while back, and offered some up on the swap board, but they haven't moved yet. Probably good you only bought what you could use. I might be stuck with more than I can use in the next 5 years! :lol:
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • kjwavykjwavy Posts: 362Registered Users
    You were?!?!? How funny is that :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Discovered nc.com in 09/2003

2b~~fine texture~~normal porosity (except for highlights, which are high)~~normal elasticity~~medium density

Shampoo: Still use sulfates, but only on roots
    Rinse out: Deva One C, JC Too Shea, Original Sprouts Deep Conditioner
    Curl Enhancers: KCCC; JC Rocking Ringlets, JC Spiralicious, & Confident Coils
    Styler: BRHG (over any and all curl enhancers) - this is the one product that I never change - absolute HG!!

I

• tinicurlydtinicurlyd Posts: 1,053Registered Users
    they had the suave pro gel at a dollar store here a few months back, u betcha i grabbed all 21 tubes!!! :lol: ..i gave some away to my curly nieces but im stocked up for probably a year now. :lol:
    Modified CG-Use Low Poo
    Use Suaves & VO5 Condish For CG-Honey+ Condish=My curls are loving it!
    *Suave gels ( love crunchy gels )*My HGs-Re:coil, Jessicurls , Boots , Loreal Spiral Curl Mousse, Tigi Amp*

*~Show Your True Beauty Cuz Curls Rock!~*
  • LavenderCurlsLavenderCurls Posts: 1,477Registered Users
    kjwavy wrote:
    You were?!?!? How funny is that :P

Sometimes when I swap/sell stuff I can't remember who I transacted with, but I remember you buying what I had left of this stuff when it was discontinued.

CurliLocks - I remember seeing that you had some for sale and they hadn't sold. Which is also what I remembered when I was looking at all those tubes, debating :lol: .

tinycurlyd - 21 tubes?!? :shock: :lol:
    CG-modified since 4/05