Pantothenic Acid (b5) clears up acne!

rubyloxxrubyloxx Registered Users Posts: 89 Curl Connoisseur
My boyfriend used to suffer from acne. He's tried everything from Nature's Cure to accutane with no luck. Finally he read some studies on how Pantothenic Acid is good for your skin... He tried it for a month or two. By the second week, it all cleared up.

I'd been suffering from some pre-period breakouts. I'd complain about them. SOOOOO Kris told me to start taking the pantothenic acid the week before and during my period. WOW. All gone. I liked how my skin felt too. It could breathe! :) It totally felt like my skin's sense of touch was totally enlightened. Anyway, I'm off to the store to buy some more. :) I'm taking it regularily.

BTW... I took about 3pills a day... one in the morning, one at lunch, and one at dinner. He took about 3 times that at first and is now taking 2 pills 3 times a day. I think he takes Nature's Source or something. I take GNC.
3 b/c curls with bangs.

Comments

• sew and sewsew and sew Registered Users Posts: 3,443
    Wow, that sounds awesome. I've actually heard this but didn't think it would make that big a difference. Just took a nutrition course so I'm gonna look up my notes on b5, I've OD'd on Niacin before so I gotta monitor my vitamin intakes :roll: :oops:
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Registered Users Posts: 8,449 Curl Connoisseur
    I'm gonna look up my notes on b5, I've OD'd on Niacin before so I gotta monitor my vitamin intakes :roll: :oops:

If you overdose on pantothenic acid, you'll get diarrhea. B5 is also made endogenously within your gut, thanks to E. coli. :twisted:

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • rubyloxxrubyloxx Registered Users Posts: 89 Curl Connoisseur
    curlyara wrote:
    I'm gonna look up my notes on b5, I've OD'd on Niacin before so I gotta monitor my vitamin intakes :roll: :oops:

If you overdose on pantothenic acid, you'll get diarrhea. B5 is also made endogenously within your gut, thanks to E. coli. :twisted:

Yeah thats what he said. The easiest way to understand how it works is basically when youre going through puberty and hormonal changes your body has to choose between your skin and the rest of your changing body. Ofcourse it chooses your body. By taking these it puts back the nourishment your skin is lacking. You will feel more energetic as well. I love it. :)
    3 b/c curls with bangs.
  • Sweetie83Sweetie83 Registered Users Posts: 110
    Pantothenic acid is great!

it allows your body to create Coenzyme-A, which regulates your sebum production. I've been taking 10 grams (yes, grams-- 20 (500mg) pills) every day for over a year. The only side effect I've noticed is clear skin :wink:
    Hair Type: 3c/4a

"I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life's a b****. You've got to go out and kick a$$." Maya Angelou
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Registered Users Posts: 8,449 Curl Connoisseur
    Sweetie83 wrote:

it allows your body to create Coenzyme-A, which regulates your sebum production. I've been taking 10 grams (yes, grams-- 20 (500mg) pills) every day for over a year. The only side effect I've noticed is clear skin :wink:

so i'm wondering: could you take a b-complex and get similar results? tia!

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • hnyhpshnyhps Registered Users Posts: 134
    I have read this before. I don't think taking b complex will work. you need this one specifically
    3b
    Carlos and Carmen Vidal just had a child
    A lovely girl with a crooked smile
    Now they gotta split 'cause the Bronx ain't fit
    For a kid to grow up in
    Let's find a place they say, somewhere far away
    You will need B-5 specifically. Here's more info:

http://www.b5supplements.com/

*I do not use this brand of B5-- I order mine in bulk from iherb.com.

"I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life's a b****. You've got to go out and kick a$$." Maya Angelou
  • Twirly GirlTwirly Girl Registered Users Posts: 53
    Right, I just went to Holland and Barrett and couldn't find Pantothenic Acid on it's own, bit found this instead....will it have the safe effect?

B-50 Vitamin
    These tablets provide an excellent source
    of B Complex vitamins to help safeguard a
    sufficient daily intake. The B complex is
    essential for the maintenance of healthy
    nervous tissue. The B vitamins play a role
    in energy metabolism in the body. Choline
    and Inositol are essential components of
    cell walls and play important roles in cell
    growth and function.
    Each B50 Vitamin B Complex tablet with
    Sweetener contains: %EC RDA*

Thiamine ....................50 mg 3,571%
    (Vitamin B1)
    Riboflavin ...................50 mg 3,125%
    (Vitamin B2)
    Niacin..........................50 mg 278%
    Vitamin B6 ..................50 mg 2,500%
    Folic Acid ...................400 µg 200%
    Vitamin B12 .................50 µg 5,000%
    Biotin......................0.050 mg 33%
    Pantothenic Acid .........50 mg 833%
    PABA..........................50 mg **
    Choline Bitartrate ........50 mg **
    Inositol ........................50 mg
    DIRECTIONS: Take one (1) tablet daily,
    preferably with a meal. Do not exceed stated
    dose.
  • hnyhpshnyhps Registered Users Posts: 134
    Probably not. It won't work as fast b/c you are only getting 50 mg of PA. It has to be so many grams of PA. Read the post above yours, Sweetie provided a link.
    3b
    Carlos and Carmen Vidal just had a child
    A lovely girl with a crooked smile
    Now they gotta split 'cause the Bronx ain't fit
    For a kid to grow up in
    Let's find a place they say, somewhere far away
  • curly_princesscurly_princess Registered Users Posts: 360
    Can you find this in any store, or does it have to be specifically a vitamin store? What will the package say? Pantothenic Acid or vitamin b5? Sorry, I'm slow, but interested.
    3a/b, fine hair... with a mind of its own!
    PW- frenchfries

Your hair, it's everywhere. Screaming infidelities, taking its wear.
  • shorty448shorty448 Registered Users Posts: 52
    Can you find this in any store, or does it have to be specifically a vitamin store? What will the package say? Pantothenic Acid or vitamin b5? Sorry, I'm slow, but interested.

Pantothenic acid and vitamin b5 are the same thing, and you should be able to buy it anywhere you can buy vitamin supplements. The package could say either one, depending on the brand.
    With your feet in the air and your head on the ground
    Try this trick and spin it, yeah
    Your head will collapse
    If there's nothing in it
  • alelyalely Registered Users Posts: 12
    Sweetie83 wrote:

wow you take 20 pills a day??? i recently bought these to take the recommended dosage but 20!
    "I started my veganism for health reasons, then it became a moral choice, and now it's just to annoy people" :p
  • steph_einasteph_eina Registered Users Posts: 47
    Is 500mg a day enough to make a difference? Or should it be at least 1g (1000mg) a day?
    The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit.
    -- Somerset Maugham
    B5 is water soluable, so you don't need to worry about toxic buildup. I really don't think 500mg a day would make any difference. The original research study recommends at least 10 grams - 20 of the 500mg pills per day to see a difference. I experimented with various amounts and, honestly, I require a minimum of 10 grams per day. Of course, my skin is VERY VERY oily. I would think you should take at least 3-5 of the 500mg pills a day.

• steph_einasteph_eina Registered Users Posts: 47
    Hehe thanks Sweetie. I take 500g in the morning and 500g at night now. Seems very nice for dry skin, too, I've noticed a nice difference. Thanks for all the info too!
    The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit.
    -- Somerset Maugham

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file