Opinions on Estee Lauder skin care/night treatments

CurlsWannaHaveFunCurlsWannaHaveFun Registered Users Posts: 251
I was at Nordstrom's this weekend checking out the MAC special palettes for the anniversary sale (didn't get one, colors weren't right for me), and wandered to Estee Lauder's skincare counter. I used to use their Idealist faithfully with good results a few years back but stopped because I needed to spend less on skincare at the time.

I was looking for an eye cream with SPF and picked up the one from their DayWear line (SPF15) which I like so far. I'm starting to get paranoid about face/skin care. Yes, I'm using my SPF religiously but it seems like I should be doing more. I was looking at their Advanced Night Repair
Protective Recovery Complex, a serum which may be what I want to step up to regimen wise, but it's pricy. It's not a retinoid but it seems like it has good stuff.

My questions:
Your opinions/experience with EL skincare products (any and all, positive or negative)
If anyone has used the Advanced Night Repair, your opinions
Any cheaper equivalent products out there?

TIA!
4a with 3c patches/LOIS daughter O/S spongy fine, natural since 1999

Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence.
- Vince Lombardi

Comments

• loosecurlsloosecurls Registered Users Posts: 637
    I LOVE ANR! Pricey as all get out but SOOOOOOO worth it IMHO! I know people who've used it on burns & it's helped heal them w/out leaving a scar.

There are 2 things I've encountered in the 12 yrs I've worked in the industry that come close to ANR: 1) Super Line Preventor+ by Prescriptives is *similar* & 2) Lancome's old Oligo Majeur serum (discontinued & difficult to find. They do have a newer Oligo line but the serum isn't part of it ---at least I haven't come across it on their website for lancome makeup artists & counter people)

Rather than go into a big disseration on their skincare, feel free to email me!!
    Slinky's rule for NC.com:

I suppose I can't judge you because you married a serviceman and it is wartime. Boo hoo. You must be loney sitting at home with nothing else to do but pick on people. Why don't you go masterbate again?
  • ScarletScarlet Registered Users Posts: 3,125 Curl Neophyte
    I used to use the Day Wear Cream religiously, but I've since switched to something with less fragrance.

In fact, I find most all of EL's skin care products to be too overly fragranced.
    The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell
  • CurlsWannaHaveFunCurlsWannaHaveFun Registered Users Posts: 251
    Thanks for the replies!

The daywear eye cream doesn't seem scented to me, as does the ANR. I do agree about many things having a fragrance---the idealist scent however I loved, kind of sugary.
    4a with 3c patches/LOIS daughter O/S spongy fine, natural since 1999

Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence.
    - Vince Lombardi

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file