Men and curls...

MayLiz78MayLiz78 Posts: 13Registered Users
I noticed something interesting that really blew me away. Yesterday, I wore my hair out curly at work and everytime that I rode the elevator, men would flirt and strike up a conversation with me. They even held the door for me and pressed the floor buttons for me. Today, I wore my hair parted in the middle and pulled back into a ponytail as I usually do at work and the reaction from men was the total opposite. Curly hair rocks!!!

Comments

• kdcreighkdcreigh Posts: 736Registered Users
    I do think that men really like curly hair - it's very sexy. I believe that is also the reason why some people have a very intense adverse reaction to curly hair. Too much in-your-face sexiness! :lol:
    YES WE CAN!

kdcreigh 4a and b (who knows?:dontknow:)

Relegated to occasional lurking in order to keep the PJ in check!
    :lurk:

http://public.fotki.com/kdcreigh/
    PW: natural
  • denisemouniedenisemounie Posts: 255Registered Users
    I agree! :P curly hair brings out the sexy in ya! Rock on girl... :wink:
    4a/4b... at this point, Henna has to be my friend, cause I've tried EVERYTHING else!!

Henna, Afro Detangler, KBB hair cream, Vitamin E oil, Qhemet AOHC, AND no more letting my hair dry curly... darn knots are driving me crazy!!:happy7:

http://public.fotki.com/denisemounie/
  • MayLiz78MayLiz78 Posts: 13Registered Users
    That is so true kdcreigh. Keep on rockin' your curls ladies, we are so lucky to have them.
  • stefathenastefathena Posts: 450Registered Users
    i think my boyfriend prefers me with straight hair :(
    new york city

barack the vote!
  • KellKell Posts: 201Registered Users
    ^lol. Awww :(

I thought this thread was going to be about men WITH curls, which I generally do not like.

I've only had the balls to wear my hair down once since Ive gone curly....it was this past Saturday. I felt like it sorta made me look...I wont say "older", but more mature. However, I did feel very sexy and liberated. There weren't many men around (I was helping to cater a high school graduation party, lol), so Im looking forward to REALLY testing it out...like, at a nightclub or picnic. hehe When Im at church, I feel really self-conscious, so I always tie it back when I go there. Its not a place where you really want to be "sexy", ya know. lol
    J&J Baby Shampoo fugged up my hair! :thumbdown:
    Hey Kell, I know what you mean about being more conservative in church. You should definitely try to wear your hair out more often though. Maybe when you are grocery shopping or something. Let us know what the outcome is.
  • NatakueNatakue Posts: 319Registered Users
    stefathena wrote:
    i think my boyfriend prefers me with straight hair :(

my ex did too :(
    a crazy 4a/3c mix
    o/s; thin; thready/cottony?
    http://public.fotki.com/natakue/
  • momo7momo7 Posts: 478Registered Users
    MayLiz78 wrote:
    I noticed something interesting that really blew me away. Yesterday, I wore my hair out curly at work and everytime that I rode the elevator, men would flirt and strike up a conversation with me. They even held the door for me and pressed the floor buttons for me. Today, I wore my hair parted in the middle and pulled back into a ponytail as I usually do at work and the reaction from men was the total opposite. Curly hair rocks!!!

Girl I agree with you. It's like when u wear your hair down, there's this hair magnet that attracts guys u never expected. DO u have pictures of ur hair u can post up?
  • curlycaramelcurlycaramel Posts: 472Registered Users
    I don't often get comments from men I don't know it's normally women but when i first met my boyfriend he would tell me "you've been plessed with some beautiful hair" which was something I never heard from a man before.
    He freaks out every time i tell him i'm getting it cut and always corrects me " you mean TRIMMED right?"
    He likes it straight, I think only because of the length, (almost at my waist when straight) but he loves it curly
    Long thick curls, mix of 3b/3c
    Hey momo! I will look for some good pictures to put on here. I don't take pictures that often so, I may be a little limited...hehe :lol:
    I found some pics! I need to take more with my hair down curly though. :lol:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file