CurlTalk

Great Aveda combo!!!

csbcsb Posts: 225Registered Users
I am dealing with a family emergency at the moment, but I got a chance to get my haircut at an Aveda salon. The new Be Curly line is great! All of it is CG, and I noticed that the new smooth shampoo is also sulfate-free. My stylist suggested using the Be Curly shampoo and conditioner, then styling with a combo of the Be Curly Curl Control (about a quarter's worth on my shoulder length hair) and the Light Elements Defining Whip (about 1/3 the size of a quarter). I rub them together and apply to wet hair, then diffuse. The results are great: soft and frizz free, though crunchy while drying. You can add more of the Curl Control later in the day if your hair gets too big. I am really loving this, and it has lasted a whole two weeks (great record for me)! Added bonus: I can just rinse my hair, put in the stylers and dry without looking greasy or scary. I am truly impressed.

Comments

• WavingNotCurlingWavingNotCurling Posts: 150Registered Users
    I thought the Shampoo and Conditioner both had sulfates? Is this not true? I'll have to look when I go in to the salon tomorrow. :?
    *CG for wavies. Type 2/3ab mix.
    (overgrown) Inverted bob.
    *Conditioner - VO5, Oyin, Goth Rosary
    *Gel - Origins, Jessicurl or Lush
    *Lo-Poo - Carols Daughter
  • WavingNotCurlingWavingNotCurling Posts: 150Registered Users
    Ok, now I am confused. Doesn't the styler have phenyl trimethicone? I hate to think I've been missing out because I thought it wasn't CG?
    *CG for wavies. Type 2/3ab mix.
    (overgrown) Inverted bob.
    *Conditioner - VO5, Oyin, Goth Rosary
    *Gel - Origins, Jessicurl or Lush
    *Lo-Poo - Carols Daughter