CurlTalk

GF Curl and Shine OR Sleek and Shine??

For those of you who use GF as a leave-in, which one of these do you use? I'm going to try GF as my leave in, but I'm not sure which one is CG friendly and which one is it that you all rave about.
3a/3b~Currently: V05 Kiwi Lime/Tea Therapy Vanilla Mint for co wash, Suave Aloe or V05 Strawberries and Cream for co and leave-in, Burts Bees Super Shiny poo, EMBS, CK, re:coil, B&A/LA Looks Sport

PW: curls

Comments

• DominicanaHeatDominicanaHeat Posts: 2,729Registered Users
    Both leave ins have amodimethicone which is one of the easier cones to work with (doesn't build up as easily as other cones, can be rinsed out with a non-sulfate poo, some curlies have found that cowashing helps preventing build up of this cone). I personally use curl & shine and I do get very curly and shiny hair LOL. I haven't tried sleek & shine although I am curious to see how my hair reacts to it.
    3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.
  • heavengirl410heavengirl410 Posts: 821Registered Users
    The C&S is one of my HG!! I like how it makes me have spirals all over the place.
  • RedheadedcurlsRedheadedcurls Posts: 210Registered Users
    I was trying to steer clear of all cones but since I am going to start using [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Hair-Cleansing-Cream-p-103.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-hair-cleansing-cream]JC HCC[/buylink] once a week, I think I'll give the C&S a try. Thanks girls!
    3a/3b~Currently: V05 Kiwi Lime/Tea Therapy Vanilla Mint for co wash, Suave Aloe or V05 Strawberries and Cream for co and leave-in, Burts Bees Super Shiny poo, EMBS, CK, re:coil, B&A/LA Looks Sport

Yeah I avoided this for a while too but decided to suck it up and try it. I really like it and I have a bottle of Low Poo to clarify with if I feel it's necessary. I don't regret this purchase AT ALL.
    3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.
  • ttripleblondettripleblonde Posts: 300Registered Users
    If you look at the ingredients, the SS and CS have the exact same ingredients. Just sold under different names.
    3a/3b Mod CG
    CURRENTLY EXPERIMENTING!

excited2buy:Hello Hydration CO & LOOB

Owner Of CG Recipe Website: www.freewebs.com/triplecurl
  • sundaysunday Posts: 535Registered Users
    I only like the sleek and shine. It seemed as if the C&S did nothing for my hair. I use the S&S on dry hair to smooth any frizzies. I also love the smell.
    3 something
    fotki pw: sunday
  • medusahairmedusahair Posts: 3,515Registered Users
    The only difference in C&S and S&S is that C&S has glycerin. The C&S is more curl enhancing but S&S will keep the frizz down just as well.
    I use C&S personally but I've used both and they're both good.

Gotta love the A cone during the hot humid months :D
    2c/3a?
    Low porosity, medium texture.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FMedusahair%2F" class="Popup

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
  • tsjmomtsjmom Posts: 85Registered Users
    C&S is one of my HGs! My DH always says he likes my hair on the days (which are most now) I use this. HTH.
    3a, fine, highlighted, BSL. HGs so far: GF C&S leave in (d/c), Aussie Tizz No Frizz gel, honey, ACV, CK. Searching for a leave in curl cream to replace GF.
    Great, I'm going to pick a bottle of the C&S up today. Does anyone know if the a-cone will be removed with [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Hair-Cleansing-Cream-p-103.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-hair-cleansing-cream]JC HCC[/buylink]?

• tinabcurlytinabcurly Posts: 545Registered Users
    [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Hair-Cleansing-Cream-p-103.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-hair-cleansing-cream]JC HCC[/buylink] should get the a-cone out. I use C&S most days. I only get buildup when I rinse my condish out too much & even then it's only slight. HCC & Low-Poo both get rid of it easily for me.
    3a/b mix
    pw:curlyqs
    I tried this today and my hair is frizzy. :( I'm not sure if I put too much in or if it's because my mft is in the wash and I scrunched with a terry towel instead. I'll try again tomorrow. :-)

Well, FYI, I use a big palmful and a half of the leave in for my hair. Enough to thoroughly saturate it. Several other curlies do the same as well. But it may all depend on how long and thick your hair is.
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    Yeah, I use the C&S and I use a lot. Enough to feel good slip like when I condition in the shower.
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • 2happy2happy Posts: 5,138Registered Users
    HELP! Which GF C&S are you talking about? I went to Wal Mart to buy some and besides shampoo and condish, there are many different products (all curl & shine). I looked for one to say "GEL", but noooooooo, it just couldn't be that easy. Which particular product is everyone raving about? Maybe it's gel (and called gel :wink: ) and they didn't have it??

ETA: Duh, you ARE talking about condish aren't you :oops: Hey, I've got a cold and my brain isn't functioning quite right!!
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or hump it.....Piss on it and walk away.
    Location - WI
  • 2happy2happy Posts: 5,138Registered Users
    Yup, pretty sure they had that :roll: Thanks
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or hump it.....Piss on it and walk away.
    Location - WI
    Ok, then maybe I didn't use enough- I only put about a quarter size in, and although my hair is about shoulder length, it's super thick.

Ok, then maybe I didn't use enough- I only put about a quarter size in, and although my hair is about shoulder length, it's super thick.

Experiment with the amounts. Also, try to find banjocurl's fotki (located in her signature). She has pictures showing how much she uses and how her hair is saturated by it.
  • curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users
    I use the Sleek and Shine and it's works quite well which surprised me because I wasn't too happy with the shampoo or conditioner. I can't get curl and shine one anymore but when I did use it, it wasn't that wonderful, maybe I just hadn't figured out how much I needed.
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • LavenderCurlsLavenderCurls Posts: 1,477Registered Users
    I've used both and like them equally. You'd think I'd prefer the CnS since my hair seems to like glycerin. But I do like the CnS bottle better because it's .. ah ... purple! :lol:
    CG-modified since 4/05
    2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
    Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets. :roll:
    Best definition winner: KCCC
    Best volume winner: LOOB
  • heavengirl410heavengirl410 Posts: 821Registered Users
    Lavender- that is funny :lol: :lol: :lol:
  • LavenderCurlsLavenderCurls Posts: 1,477Registered Users
    Lavender- that is funny :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :wink:
    CG-modified since 4/05
    2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
    Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets. :roll:
    Best definition winner: KCCC
    Best volume winner: LOOB
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    For those that have used both - did you find the sleek/shine more frizz controlling or were they the same?
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~