What does this baby size mean?

HairproductjunkieHairproductjunkie Registered Users Posts: 363
Okay, say you are buying some baby clothing and it says "3 months." Is that for the average child who is 0-3 months, 3-6 months, or some entirely different size?
GuardianB wrote:
Southern gals rock :!:

Comments

• DarkAngelDarkAngel Registered Users Posts: 2,671 Curl Neophyte
    If I remember correctly, 3 months is the same as 3-6.

Edit: I thought about it some more and now I am not sure. It is either the same as 0-3 or 3-6 but I just can't remember which one now. This is going to drive me insane.
    image.php?type=2&o=5&c=1&date=2009-10-07&babyname=Sebastian

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Theodor Seuss Geisel
  • HairproductjunkieHairproductjunkie Registered Users Posts: 363
    DarkAngel wrote:
    This is going to drive me insane.

I hear ya! :) I thought that it meant 0-3 months, but some stuff that I have bought recently has me doubting.....
    GuardianB wrote:
    Southern gals rock :!:
  • SpiderSpider Registered Users Posts: 3,381 Curl Neophyte
    It means, hold it up next to the baby and see if it will fit, because the size on the tag means nothing!!
    Don't let your heart be broken. Let it love.
  • curlyninercurlyniner Registered Users Posts: 130
    Hmmm...I was just cleaning out DD's old clothes this weekend, since she has moved out of the nursery to make room for the new one...

I'm not sure if it's a hard-and-fast rule, but in the clothes of hers I was packing up the single size (i.e. '12 month') seemed to match the actual size to those of the size range down ('6-12 month'). It seemed to be pretty consistent up to 24 months/18-24 months.

Did that make any sense?? :? It's lunchtime...blood sugar...dropping.....must find...strawberry......pop tart....
    "Things are exactly as they should be, all evidence to the contrary."

password = niner

D4KAm4.png
  • geminigemini Registered Users Posts: 3,325
    DarkAngel wrote:
    If I remember correctly, 3 months is the same as 3-6.

Edit: I thought about it some more and now I am not sure. It is either the same as 0-3 or 3-6 but I just can't remember which one now. This is going to drive me insane.

Actually, 3 mos. would be the equivalent of 0-3. :)

And from what I've seen, the sizes also vary by brand--sometimes the differences between one 0-3 mos. and another brand's version is HUGE.
  • curlyninercurlyniner Registered Users Posts: 130
    gemini wrote:
    And from what I've seen, the sizes also vary by brand--sometimes the differences between one 0-3 mos. and another brand's version is HUGE.

ITA, although it tends to vary the most with girth, not so much in length. For example, most of DD's onesies/sleepers/etc. were pretty consistent in the length between brands (you know, those things where the length matters), but in girth/waist size it is all over the board. Right now she wears skirts that are 3T (old navy), 2T (gap), and 12 months (wal-mart), and all have the same waist size.
    "Things are exactly as they should be, all evidence to the contrary."

password = niner

D4KAm4.png
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Banned Users Posts: 24,963 Curl Neophyte
    Spider wrote:
    It means, hold it up next to the baby and see if it will fit, because the size on the tag means nothing!!
    :lol:
  • curly_keltiecurly_keltie Registered Users Posts: 791
    sizing is so frustrating. There are alot of 6 month pants that are too big for DS in the waist. I've resigned to dressing him in one-piece outfits.

I find that if the tag has a weight guideline - it is pretty accurate, at least for us.
    Long, blonde, 3a/mostly b hair.

78Da.jpg78Dam6.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file