CurlTalk

I could cry. :( Bad cut

MAJOR EDIT 5 HOURS LATER
I'm starting to love it now, today anyway! I have no idea what it will be like after sleeping on it but we'll see!

Ok so I got my hair cut today at a new salon. I said to make the layers shorter but leave the main length the same.

That DIDN'T happen. Now I have horrible hair. :( I hate it. I'll have to wear it straight now and even then it looks odd.

I'm just adding some new pics. If anyone could tell me what I could do to make it look better I'll take the advice. I have had to clip the front bits back because they looked ridiculous. It's not as girly and flowing anymore.
Don't know what my hair type is really!!

pw: hairdrama
Last time I used straightners: Friday 17th May (I'm really trying now!)

Comments

• CurlyJoviFanCurlyJoviFan Posts: 65Registered Users
    The only thing I wanted to add is that it does look curlier, I still have those horrible straight bits at the front through (hence why I clipped it back).

ETA: Also: she told me co washes being good was a myth, an old wives tale. She said my hair was not curly but slightly wavy. I had to shampoo 3 times to get product out when I got home...it was sticky and horrible - yuck.

EDIT AGAIN!! (sorry) I have been thinking about this. I have decided that the layers are to blame so I'm now going to try and grow them out. I feel so stupid. I'm adding a picture of me when I was 18 to fotki - I loved my hair back then I didn't EVER have a bad hair day! From what I can recall, I didn't have layers.

• medusahairmedusahair Posts: 3,515Registered Users
    It looks like your hair has changed curl pattern quite a bit since you were 18. Mine did that too. It's been three different curl patterns. Confusing isn't it?

I bet your hair is in shock but she sure did cut it shorter. Maybe those pieces that used to be straight will grow back in curlier now. I bet if you baby it and use say some recoil and a nice gel your hair will bounce back.

I'm sorry you're so traumatized by the cut and I can very much relate.
    2c/3a?
    Low porosity, medium texture.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FMedusahair%2F" class="Popup

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
    medusahair wrote:
    It looks like your hair has changed curl pattern quite a bit since you were 18. Mine did that too. It's been three different curl patterns. Confusing isn't it?

I bet your hair is in shock but she sure did cut it shorter. Maybe those pieces that used to be straight will grow back in curlier now. I bet if you baby it and use say some recoil and a nice gel your hair will bounce back.

I'm sorry you're so traumatized by the cut and I can very much relate.

I hope you're right, right now I don't even want to leave the house.

• curlinicatorcurlinicator Posts: 911Registered Users
    Aww thank you so much! I am learning to appreciate it now, it's curlier and generally more even, I'm even starting to like the way the straighter bits look!

Isn't it funny how things go? I was totally devestated earlier now I wanna show the World!

I guess it's not good when first washed, but when it's got softer through the day it's improved.

• Kasey314Kasey314 Posts: 308Registered Users
    I'm so sorry you don't like your cut. :( You have to hate it when a stylist doesn't do what you ask! This person didn't sound v. knowledgeable though... IMO, your hair is not SLIGHTLY wavy. If this helps, I know that my hair seems shorter right after a cut, but once it calms down in a few days it actually seems longer to me. :?

But honestly, I think your hair looks cute! I like it pinned back, so if you hate those shorter pieces that's a nice alternative. Think of it as a slightly shorter style for summer. :)
    ~FIA~ 2c-M-iii

CG since 9/06, modified since 3/07.

:coffee: <~~ Me every morning

Updated fotki 5/06/08
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FKasey314%2F" class="Popup

Products-of-the-moment: Loving Innersense right now: Pure Essential Hair Bath, Pure Inspiration Daily Conditioner and I Create Quiet Calm Curl Cream. Devacurl Angell is my go to gel, nothing else like it for me. Nature's Gate Lavendar and Aloe Nourishing Conditoner is always in my shower.

password - curly girl

• Gemini13Gemini13 Posts: 5,000Registered Users
    Good, I'm glad you like it now! :P I think it looks nice.
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
  • DoodlesDoodles Posts: 1,984Registered Users
    I'm glad you like it now...I think it looks sassy and cute! :wink:
    2A/2B, fine, normal porosity

Growing out a pixie as of November 2013 :elephant:

Shampoo: Elucence MBS & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
    Conditioner: Elucence MBC & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
    Leave-in: CJ BeautiCurls
    Stylers: BA gel & AG Re:coil

Product Junkie that keeps falling off the wagon!:tongue3:
  • curlinicatorcurlinicator Posts: 911Registered Users
  • DoodlesDoodles Posts: 1,984Registered Users
    :D
    2A/2B, fine, normal porosity

Growing out a pixie as of November 2013 :elephant:

Shampoo: Elucence MBS & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
    Conditioner: Elucence MBC & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
    Leave-in: CJ BeautiCurls
    Stylers: BA gel & AG Re:coil

Product Junkie that keeps falling off the wagon!:tongue3:
  • msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    I think it looks very cute! I know how you feel, though, so I'm sorry you weren't happy with your cut. I'm glad you're feeling better about it now, though.

My last stylist also told me my hair was only wavy and not curly (I don't go to her anymore). That was true when it was a lot shorter. Now that it's longer, it goes into spirals and is definitely curlier the longer it gets. Maybe once your layers and length grow out some, it'll grow into the curl. I still think it looks really cute right now, though.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fmsgiblet%2F" class="Popup - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • keikokkeikok Banned Posts: 585Banned Users
    One time the stylist went way shorter than i wanted and started using the clippers. I basically got a buzz cut.
    Keiko

my fotki-its a work in progress
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fkeikok%2F" class="Popup
    password:curly
  • allicatallicat Posts: 134Registered Users
    I also think it looks really cute and am glad that you have gotten used to it! :)
    CG
    3a-ish & fine stranded, Botticelli type curls
    Currently using low poo/no poo & Ouidad Stylers
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fallishags%2F" class="Popup