Has any one ever used....

three rivers curlythree rivers curly Registered Users Posts: 994
Retin A? I have developed a few sun spots from previous abuse and am looking for a way to fade them as well as diminsh the wrinkles at the same time. My skin tends to be oily in this humid climate. I have used retinol products since they were first really introduced to the main stream a while ago. I was just wondering if anyone here has had any luck with it and whether it was worth the trouble.

I have also tried the apple cider vinegar routine - didn't do anything but make me smelly!! :D
Better everyone think your a fool, than to open your mouth and prove them right.

Perception is not reality.

http://public.fotki.com/hmiklos

Comments

• AmbrosiaAmbrosia Registered Users Posts: 60
    i have never used it, but i remember lots of kids using it in my high school and i heard many "complain" that it made their skin peel...
  • CGNYCCGNYC Registered Users Posts: 4,938 Curl Connoisseur
    I used Retin A for years and years. No big problems, the biggest thing is you have to put it on 100% dry skin. After you wash your face, wait an hour or so before you put it on. Retin A on damp skin is almost like a burn. Drink lots of water, stay out of the sun, get a good moisturizer, it's not that big a deal.
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Registered Users Posts: 7,223 Curl Novice
    If I remember correctly, it took a while for my skin to get used to it. My skin peeled for a couple weeks then was fine. It didn't solve the problems I had at the time so I stopped using it after a month or two. It's worth a shot for you.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • loosecurlsloosecurls Registered Users Posts: 637
    I used it a few years ago---dried my skin out but it was clear & the small sunspot I had on my jaw was gone!

SPF15 is the barebones minimum when using RA. In SC I'd suggest 30 (or higher ) for daily use!
    Slinky's rule for NC.com:

I suppose I can't judge you because you married a serviceman and it is wartime. Boo hoo. You must be loney sitting at home with nothing else to do but pick on people. Why don't you go masterbate again?
  • three rivers curlythree rivers curly Registered Users Posts: 994
    Thank you ladies. I had heard and forgotten about the peeling thing. I may have to reconsider. The sun spots aren't that bad - I'm just being vain :oops:
    Better everyone think your a fool, than to open your mouth and prove them right.

Perception is not reality.

http://public.fotki.com/hmiklos

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file